Cetathia

Your Location is -1910.59, 487.91, -155.62
The Maiden's Eye.
[Tue Nov 30 17:42:49 2004] You say, 'Hail, Scout Chonf'
[Tue Nov 30 17:42:51 2004] Scout Chonf says 'Begone peon.'
Cetathia, Lady in leather!

Cetathia

So now we have this old text:
Elder Animist Muada says 'Very well. You must now fashion the shape of the totem and imbue it with what you have collected, but not without this bit of beastlord magic. The elders fashion this essence rarely, so treat it with care. You will need to take the clay, the medallion, wood I gave you, and the essence and learn which to craft together. Then, use this mold with the clay and you will have completed your first step. Return to me and tell me that you are finished with this important duty. Be careful.'

Changed to this text:
Elder Animist Muada says 'Very well. You must now fashion the shape of the totem and imbue it with what you have collected, but not without this bit of beastlord magic. The elders fashion this essence rarely, so treat it with care. You must find a way to blend the magic items taken from the earth and blood together to make the magical base for this totem. Then, use the result to surround a solid frame you find and bathe it with our essence with heat to form the magical basis for this treasured item. Then, you must use fires to mold it. I trust your knowledge and willingness to learn will guide you through this phase of your trials as a beastlord.'

And we have these parts:
All 3 provided by Muada:
Peculiar unshapen Piece of Wood: after you complete 1.5
Combined Essence: recieved after you have collected the four items.
Elders Totem Mold: recieved after you have collected the four items.

Four items to collect:
Eeri Medalion (x2) : General / Colonel
Fierce Spirit Clay: Pheonix
Scalding Blood : 100 FT. Gnoll

Just trying to put all the info into 1 postto get a better overview. Post your ideas please, so we can solve this unpleasant puzzle of a quest  :)

Cetathia

1) You must find a way to blend the magic items taken from the earth and blood together to make the magical base for this totem.

- Ok the blood is in the first combine, but what are the items taken from the earth...

2) Then, use the result to surround a solid frame you find and bathe it with our essence with heat to form the magical basis for this treasured item.

- We need to find a frame, surround it with combine 1 result, and bathe it with the essence (with heat?)

3) Then, you must use fires to mold it.

- Mold is for last combine...

4) From first text : Then, use this mold with the clay and you will have completed your first step.

- Suggests to me that the clay is in the last part of the combine.

----------------

Peculiar unshapen Piece of Wood - is this the earth item? wood from trees, trees do grown in earth  :D
Combined Essence - combine 2?
Elders Totem Mold - combine 3?

Eeri Medalion (x2) - combine what????
Fierce Spirit Clay - combine 3?
Scalding Blood - first combine?

Just posting my thoughts here, i know im rambling away now  :roll:

jitathab

Clay comes from the earth silly :p

So suggested Clay and Blood is first combine - leaves in what to try?

I think
Kiln

Brew barrel

Forge

Tigjer_TR

in this case tho the clay comes from Plane of Air as far from earth as you can get.
Not saying it wont combine but the clue may not be that helpfull

Tusconi

I am not at this point yet, but thought I might suggest something on the items taken from the earth. Note the word is plural... "items" which would suggest to me the medallions which is the only thing we have two of. And of course, medallions likely made of metal would also come from the earth. I tend to agree that the clay should be used in the final combine, but the clue is still rather vague. I hope to be at this spot soon.

Tusconi Pantheros
70th Beastlord
Firiona Vie

Giledorm

Quote from: Cetathia

2) Then, use the result to surround a solid frame you find and bathe it with our essence with heat to form the magical basis for this treasured item.

- We need to find a frame, surround it with combine 1 result, and bathe it with the essence (with heat?)

Peculiar unshapen Piece of Wood

I'm guessing the frame IS the unshapen piece of wood, but that's just a guess as well.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Tigjer_TR

Logged on this morning and tried a few combines based on new clues
In the folowing containers
Forge
Potery Wheel
Kiln
Brew Barrel
Mortar and pestle
Mixing bowl
I did the Folowing combines
Each one had blood as blood is mostlikely in the first combine.
Blood +2 medalions
Blood + clay
Blood + wood
Blood +2 medalions + wood
Blood +2 medalions+ Clay
Blood + wood+clay
Just Blood
Nothing combined
I will try more combinations later
Any suggestions are welcome

Ryessa

Blatantly taken from Cetathia and putting my own ideas in there..

1) You must find a way to blend the magic items taken from the earth and blood together to make the magical base for this totem.

The only items on our current list that sound "earthy" are wood, clay, medallions (metal)  I believe the wood is the frame, so that would leave clay, medallions, and blood -- although I'm not sure the medallions are used here.  I really think the clay will be.  I think the key word here will end up being "blend."  Any thoughts on what sorts of combines blend items together?

The frame seems pretty clearly to be the wood.. to "surround" it with the result from step one implies that we have something that we can shape.. either clay, or very soft metal perhaps.  "bathe" it with essence, with heat.. oven, kiln, and forge possible?

3) Then, you must use fires to mold it.

I think that this is where we have used everything BUT the mold, and do a final shaping in a kiln or forge, or possibly pottery wheel followed by kiln.  (unfired, fired.)

4) From first text : Then, use this mold with the clay and you will have completed your first step.

What if the clay is already surrounding the frame, and we're just shaping the end result with the mold?

----------------

Peculiar unshapen Piece of Wood - combine 2?
Combined Essence - combine 2?
Elders Totem Mold - combine 3?

Eeri Medalion (x2) - combine 1?
Fierce Spirit Clay - combine 1?
Scalding Blood - combine 1?

Sharrien

Try the bag a shaman uses for potion combines.
A small jar has 2 slots and a combine button. (used for making clockwork grease for bow cams).
Toolbox.
Tackle box.
Glaze mortor and pestle.

"You must find a way to blend the magic items taken from the earth and blood together to make the magical base for this totem."

Saying "items" taken from earth instead of saying singular item may mean the two medallions.  And specifically mentioning "base" makes bells go off in my head.  Maybe try the two medallions, the blood and a container base mold in a forge.  There are also other base molds to try: small container base, large container base and smoker base molds.

The finding a frame thing has me a little baffled.  Doing a search for frame in eqtraders tells me that Master Barkhem in Shar Vahl sells a Carapace Shield Frame used in noobie quests, but that doesn't sound right to me.  A similar search on alla for frame returned the Shadowed Scepter Frame from, you guessed it, the dreaded key to Vex Thall quest.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

twoclaw

"You must find a way to blend the magic items taken from the earth and blood together to make the magical base for this totem."

maybe in a mixing bowl?

does sound like clay and blood though....

Dreambringer

Sharrien

Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Urim

Honestly guys, i would stop even trying anything until after the patch is in, I'd be willing to bet my bank that the combine is in fact not actually working and they just saying it is to save their ass. Write down your combines and hold off til after the patch to try.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'