Main Menu

The Combine

Started by Graace, October 04, 2004, 05:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rajah

One problem with that Urim, what if its true that it is indeed working and we're overlooking one missing component while the GMs/Devs sit back and laugh at us for missing something minute, such a water flask or a smithy hammer? We're still stuck, reguardless of patch. I highly doubt some miracle or divine inspiration will let us know what the combine really is after the text message, IF that text is still on Test, mind you.  :?

Here's my take of how things should be placed from the wording from both old AND new text from Cetathia's post and others.

Firstly, old/current text on Live servers:

Elder Animist Muada says 'Very well. You must now fashion the shape of the totem and imbue it with what you have collected, but not without this bit of beastlord magic. The elders fashion this essence rarely, so treat it with care. You will need to take the clay, the medallion, wood I gave you, and the essence and learn which to craft together. Then, use this mold with the clay and you will have completed your first step. Return to me and tell me that you are finished with this important duty. Be careful.'

AND, the supposebly new text from Test server:

Elder Animist Muada says 'Very well. You must now fashion the shape of the totem and imbue it with what you have collected, but not without this bit of beastlord magic. The elders fashion this essence rarely, so treat it with care. You must find a way to blend the magic items taken from the earth and blood together to make the magical base for this totem. Then, use the result to surround a solid frame you find and bathe it with our essence with heat to form the magical basis for this treasured item. Then, you must use fires to mold it. I trust your knowledge and willingness to learn will guide you through this phase of your trials as a beastlord.'

(Listed those for easy reference~)

With a combination of the old/new texts, first thing we're seeing is magic items from the earth and the blood. That leaves the blood, clay, and medallions. The way i read that, the "magical base" is something of a concoction/liquid like alchemy-ish/brewing type item. Possibly a clay as well and not necessarily a solid item. The wood *may* fit into here maybe, with fletching or jewelcraft or smithing (such as how you imbue armor with gems, can do the same for a weapon).

As you read on in the new text.. " Then, use the result to surround a solid frame you find and bathe it with our essence with heat to form the magical basis for this treasured item. " The thing that boggles me is he says, "a solid frame you find". Find? Are we missing something from this total combine? The wood we were given wasn't *found* it was given! Which makes me believe we're possibly missing one component. For now, will make the wood the "a solid frame" since it does not fit in anywhere else other than the beginning with the "magic items taken from the earth". Essence however is a dead give-away. "Bathe it with our essence with heat (gotta be smithing or possibly pottery, but unlikely) to form a magical basis".

Now here's where it jumps.. If you read the current text (not new), it says, "Then, use this mold with the clay and you will have completed your first step." That leads me to believe that the product from the second combination (Bathing it with our essence...) creates a clay type item, at first thought. Then we add that *clay* with the mold and we get an unfired product OR using smithing and just giving us a normal resulted item. Upon second thought, perhaps the clay is used here instead and not in the first combination. Certain areas of the current and new text can conflict. Jumping back to the new text, "Then, you must use fires to mold it." could go either pottery or smithing. Considering that most molds are smithing, that leads me to believe that this is smithing rather than pottery, since pottery uses sketches.

Summary:

First combine: Medallions, Blood, Clay, (possibly Wood) = using whatever combination of tradeskills

Second combine: Wood, First combine's result, Essence = brewing or smithing (leaning toward smithing, such as using the essence and items as a temper for the item)

*There is a possible sub-combine here, such as the wood being combined with the first result, THEN, the essence is used with smithing ("with fire") to "bathe" the item and seal its magic, like a temper)*

Third combine: Result from above, Mold (possibly Clay) = pottery or smithing (leaning toward smithing, since mold is mold and not a sketch)

These texts are quite difficult to break down and begin to hurt my damn brain after a while with constant thought. Too many variables. I'm hoping that the text with the 15th's patch will be slightly clearer than the text currently on Test. Another thing to take into account. These combines may take normal items (such as flasks of water or a special type of smithy hammer) so dont forget to include them on your combine attempts. Good luck peeps on this thing. Hope maybe some of my ideas help your brainstorming toward completing this jigsaw puzzle.

Raj~
Luclin

Dreambringer

Grats me on Gilded Resonating Clay!

photodude716

Gilded Resonating Clay!???  You completed combine?  HOW HOW HOW?

Heemann <Echoes In Eternity>
70th Wildblood of Rodcet Nife

Dreambringer

Grats beastlords on passing this part, "Spiritbound Totem!!!" WOOT! Long live Dreambringer /flex

Ok here it is. As far as i could tell ONLY PoK forges etc work.

The kiln next to small bank in pok.
Combine 2 medallions, blood and clay (100 pottery skill required)

Then, Take gilded clay, wood and essence to oven over by main bank combine for new totem. (100 baking skill required)

Then, take totem and mold to forge over by there. Combine for Spiritbound Totem (100 blacksmithing required)

Grats on Spiritbound totem!

Tell ol bro that you are finished with the important task or w/e and he sends you to the scout in Bloodfield. That is as far as i am... inc fight prolly. GL beastlords! /salute

Jkal_Shihar

Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Latang

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Caradis

Totem a statless inventory/turn in item? or?

Rajah

ok, how many of us are smacking ourselves in the forehead now?  :lol:

we need updates to sticky and posts on this Tormented Scout in The Bloodfields!

upon hailing, Tormented Scout says 'Go away! Now! Me no talk to you!'

tried various phrases but nil on responses

btw, i went alone just to confirm her location, which happens to be near the slumbering beast in the western half of the map. follow wall south from The Keeper (keeping it to your left) and you'll see a female ogre hanging out VERY close to a Girplan Slasher. use sneak ability to bypass the girplan if its looking another direction. what i used so i could be visible for the hail.

the totem IS statless after the combines.

Spiritbound Totem

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
WT: 0.1 Size: Small
CLASS: ALL
RACE: ALL

Item Lore: A totem bound to the spirit of a beastlord

thats all.. for now. need more info about Tormented Scout now!

GJ DB on combine

Raj~

Dreambringer

im afraid to turn totem into her without a raid present, could spawn mobs and eat totem if i dont get raid there in time etc.

Shirrkarn Ayge

Awesome work Dreambringer.. Wonder how many of us are saying 'Damn that must be the only combine I never tried'
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Tigjer_TR

This is strange
On Dec 2nd as I posted  I tried this very combine,
I also tried it 1 time before the message changed.
I have all tradeskills above 160 as I completed the coldain shawl quest

Zebrn Beasword

Thats Very Interesting...
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

CillianFV

But did you try the PoK containers or another?  There certainly hasn't been any patches recently.

The combine is a lot simpler than I was expecting.  I thought for sure there would be a few random items like flasks of water thrown in to confuse us but I guess not.
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

jitathab

I too am convinced there was a bug in the system, as this combine has been tried many times before..

Sharrien

Way to go Dreambringer!!
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre