Main Menu

Which shawl are you guys using?

Started by bradam, August 26, 2010, 03:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradam

Title pretty much says it all  =)

I was orginally going to get the default attacker one but was thinking the caster one might actually equal more dps in the end?

Inphared

Caster version most definitely. We don't melee well enough (or often enough) to have it be as much benefit.

Sharrien

Outside of raids I am very often the tank for my duo or group.  I'm not there yet (would be done with 6th except I didn't sell out and use the potion, so I failed on a damn combine) but I was seriously considering using the tank version on my beast for the rune effect.  I'm not too familiar with runes like that or how well they work.  What do you guys think?
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Blarp

I plan on getting the heal proc one personaly, as i tank outside raids.

Hzath

The +mana shawl is the best option far and away. 
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Blarp

can u link the effect in witch u talk? im still working on mine i took on alot of work  newest is wirehog gearing and flaging him up to par to join RiP. plus im working on shawl on 2 alts at the same time witch had 0/7 Ts's maxed lol

Sharrien

Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Blarp

ya dps wide i can see what your saying bro.

Catnip_Inny

I personally like the tank type one beacuse I am tank for most of my groups but the caster version is very nice as well...

Blarp

tiny rune eh the heal would be better as with aa's it be like a 1500 point heal

Wirehog

Quote from: Blarp on August 26, 2010, 06:46:13 PM
im still working on mine i took on alot of work  newest is wirehog gearing and flaging him up to par to join RiP. plus im working on shawl on 2 alts at the same time witch had 0/7 Ts's maxed lol

Sure Sure! Blame Me!   :-P

Orbus1

Shawls are nice but TSing is all that is evil in EQ personified  :-P

Zunar

Quote from: Blarp on August 27, 2010, 05:21:14 PM
tiny rune eh the heal would be better as with aa's it be like a 1500 point heal

Tank one has a 225 procrate mod vs the standard 100.
Also from the look of it, the tank one is a defensive proc.
Meaning it procs twice more if 2 mobs are activating your dodge skill.
4 x more if 4 mobs are hiting on ya, etc.
If you need an extra agro boost for tanking multiples this helps too :)

Blarp

very true ill just go with the most dps i think

Inphared

The problem with the "tanking" shawl is that it procs off of dodges. Dodge is the last defensive skill that is checked during combat rounds, and as such doesn't get checked very often. Mobs usually either just hit or miss in my experience. It's pretty ineffective, and isn't as beneficial as the other shawls.