Main Menu

/Disc Bug

Started by Mahes, February 09, 2004, 08:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahes

Has anyone else been noticing a bug with their discs locking up their spell bar?

I've noticed, and been able to repeat, about a dozen times now when I've /disc protective spirit and zoned only to have my spells lock.  This only happens when I zone while a disc is running.  Upon zoning I'll notice all my spell gems are grayed out, and my /disc hotkey shows it as refreshed.  However hitting the /disc key will give me the 3:30 reuse timer message.  Once the /disc reuse timer expires, my spells will refresh.  I've yet to try it with another /disc for fear of locking my spells for 20+ minutes.

I've done /feedback on this but have heard or seen nothing in the last couple weeks.  Wondering if it's a problem exclusive to my character.  It seems to be somehow related to /discs acting in a manner similar to spells.

Hrann

I had my spells locked and I had to camp out and back to get them working again.  I didn't pay attention as to why it happened though - I'll watch out for this.

Scalewulf

Ditto.  

The spell bar doesn't refresh until the disc timer is back up.  

I've been lucky enough to not zone while doing one of the disc's that don't refresh for 20+ minutes.

mrowrr

Ah so that's what that is, I couldn't figure out why that was happening to me.  That's a very nasty bug actually, they need to fix that.  Oh yah and camping it out doesn't work, I camped came back camped came back and nothing.  I had to wait at least 20 minutes after I came back in the 2nd time because I had died with disc running, so dying with disc seems to do it as well.  Man what morons :)
Mrowrr Puur
70 Beastlord
http://www.dwarecmercs.com">Dwarec Mercs
Terris Thule
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118261">Mrowrr's Bling Bling!

Mahes

Aye, I tried the camp thing also, when it was a result of the disc.  Nada.

Would work, I imagine, if you camped long enough for the disc to reset.

Maeceo

Just remember to have either bandaids or a clickie regen if you can just in case you are in a bad situation when you zone out to discover this. I went into griegs and apparently someone had some bad luck because there were 3 casters sitting at the zone line, well, I hit my disk since those casters hit hard, zoned out with a few nice dots only to find that I could not heal myself. Had to clickie regen and bandaid to save my arse. :)

Riveni

I have only had this happen to me once, but zoning seemed to take care of it.... don't remember.  However, at the time, I didn't realize that the disc may have been the offending factor.  Since then, I have not had a problem.
Elder Riveni Chakravanti
Vah Shir Feral Beastmistress
Member of Lodestar, Zebuxorux

TerjynPovar

Yes, I had Bestial Fury running while I zoned just yesterday.

No spells for 30 minutes or so.  Freaking bugs.  I petitioned and a GM got back to me and said "We have no known issue like this at this time.  If you continue to have problems please call our tech support".  Bleach.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Rhaynne

Yeah, I can duplicate this on the live and beta servers.

Kherryn

I've had this happen also.  Glad to know exactly what it is, couldn't figure it out.  I can duplicate it as well, will /bug it.

Zirrin

Has happened to me as well. /bug it everytime it does but i odn't zone alot with Disc running.

bugman

happens to me as well.

have also had the bug where i start a ldon mission to find my disc have been deleted and have to go buy them.

have petitioned and bug reported both several times. funny thing is a guide asked if i was gonna bug report it, i said i had several times and they dont seem to care, he kindly asked me to pls keep bug reporting it so they'll finally maybe fix it cuz he was getting annoyed with the floods of disc bug petition he's been having to answer to. so yah i guess its pretty common and rediculous for them to pretend they know nothing about it.
~Bugman - Venril Sathir

Tukash

I haven't had mine lock up when using disc, but I have had it lock up the last 3 times my group had to evac.  It took about 2 or 3 mins for it to become active again.  Zoning and logging did not help, just had to wait it out.
Tukash - Feral Lord, Tarew Marr

Jkal_Shihar

whew!!! thought it was just happening to me. i pressed the fearless and couldnt cast for like 3 mins just like Tukash.

tried camping and come back then camped all the way and still greyed out. luckily i was in the nexus just goofing around with the discs trying to get an idea of how many i can use and what type of refresh i could get.

this basically all happened when those tomes went live. so it hasnt happend again since then.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*