Main Menu

"Old-School-Classic EQ" Guild - Mordan Rasp

Started by keen17, July 12, 2004, 03:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keen17

Jaded Dissent is a close-knit guild of like-minded Everquest players on the Morden Rasp server. Jaded Dissent is what you might call an "old school" Everquest guild. We are limiting ourselves to old world items, zones and content up to and including the Kunark expansion.

We will progress through the old content of classic Everquest at our own pace. The leadership of Jaded Dissent understands that even EQ players have a real life...and that life should never revolve around the demands of a guild or a video game. We are here to have fun and simply re-live some of the glory days of Norrath's past.

At the moment, our levels will be capped at 51. We realize that old EQ had a level cap of 50. However, we feel that letting our members go ahead and hit 51 and bank their AAs is the fairest thing to do. When enough of us have hit level 50 and have beaten most of the "end game" content from Original EQ, we will then open our level cap up to 60 and again progress at our own pace through the next expansion.

Jaded Dissent is NOT and never will be a "power gamer" guild. If you join our ranks, you will not be required to play x amount of hours per day or per week. All that we require is that you play within our set of rules pertaining to content, zones, items and levels and that you treat your guild mates and the rest of the server community with respect. Above all, NO DRAMA will be allowed. This applies to guild chat, /ooc, /shout, etc. We want to earn and keep respect for our unique approach to how we play.

Jaded Dissent is primarily made up of mature adults, although "mature" doesn't always go hand-in-hand with age. If you are a L337 Do0dZ0r or are concerned with phat lewtz!, I can assure you this is not the guild for you. If you live for raiding all day everyday, this is also not the place for you. We WILL begin raiding on a regular basis as we progress in levels, but we are not a "raiding guild."

We realize that the idea of forsaking all the new content available out there in favor of re-living some of the golden years of EQ will not appeal to everyone. In fact, we don't want to appeal to everyone. We want a tight-knit guild of friends who has "been there and done that" and wants to go back and smell the roses that Norrath once had to offer. If this sounds like an adventure you would like to take with us, please stop by the recruiting section and tell us a little bit about yourself. =)

You can find our website at:

p068.ezboard.com/bjadeddissent

JillieMT

Welcome to the board!

Unfortunately, if you want the old world pre-Velious feel (Kunark and below) there are no beastlords...  :P
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Yiktiki

Indeed, that was going to be my little 2 cents of chime in...

Can you come to the guild equipped from the other expansions?  It is very easy to buy better gear from more recent expansions and negate a lot of the loot from those by gone days, heck... if you equip GoD crafted weapons you are blowing away everything from most other expansions.

That being said, it sounds like a great idea and has potential.  I actually helped try to start a similar guild a few years ago (about the time SoL came out.)  The problem we ran into was that people hit the cap and then didn't want to wait... or we could never quite get people on enough to raid those early era raid mobs (like Vox & Naggy.)  I wish you guys the best of luck, I don't want to lvl another character up on another server or I would consider it.  Have fun!
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Bulge

There was a similar effort started some time ago on the EQ2.com forums, and those guys had a blast. Not sure how they are farinf now, but they had quit a few rules into place to preserve the "virgin"feeling.

They did allow themselves to play in all expansions, however:

PoK ports were not allowed.
Accepting money from other players was not allowed.
Selling crafting ingredients like Spidersilk to other players was not allowed. In fact, trading with other players was not allowed.
Buying/selling from the bazaar was not allowed. Bazaar was a big NONO.
Buffs from high level players were not allowed.

At first even the new newbie-armor quests were not allowed, but they are just too much fun to do in the  low levels, especially if those low levels take forever again, so they allowed that after a while.

Most restrictions were in place to battle the mudflation that has occurred in EQ and this meant that people were actually making banded armour again and equipping their guildees with it. Remember, no trade was allowed with high level players. :)  Not sure if they are still going strong (will be tough when some people will reach the higher levels and start making some real money) but they had  a blast for at least weeks.
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.

Toln

It's a neat idea.

I noticed you are posting this on all of the Everquest class boards.

Just curious, how many people do you have in guild or headed there by now with all of this advertisement?

JillieMT

Hmm... well the problem with beastlords, even if you allowed them: how on earth would we get some h2h weapons? There may have been some back then (I honestly have no idea as I was playing a warrior then) but where the heck are they?

Second, thanks for that ruleset Bulge. Unfortunately, some of the things I remember most when I first started playing 4 years ago were against those rules.

Player trades: It was so cool that only one armorer came all the way out to Everfrost to equip the poor barbarians. On MT, EC was the trading zone. But we didnt know that, cuz we were clear over on the other side of Antonica, lol. Seriously, until I was curious and got the courage to make the run (which took like 3 play sessions) I never knew about the tunnel.

Buffs from high levels: there is a guild called Random Acts. One of my first memories was them buffing us up in Everfrost. Then there was a GM event involving some rampaging giant bear attacking Halas. This was like my second day playing, and this may have hooked me for good.

It would be tough to try to recapture that stuff...

JillieMT

Oh! You should also have a UI that has the spellbook covering the whole screen...  :P

Corss

That's right!  You have to turn off your monitor when medding until 25 (or was it 30) because you couldn't med without the book up until then. hehe

And H2H items did not exist until Luclin either, but they made changes to earlier expansions and you can get h2h weapons now in Kunark at least.

Corss 66.115 Beastlord::Aeria 65.52 Druid
Seventh Hammer

tkyn

What difference does it make if you can't find a good hth weapon? You could still use all the piercers, 1hb, and 2hb that work for bsts.
Tkyn - 70 Beastlord - Veeshan

JillieMT

Quote from: tkynWhat difference does it make if you can't find a good hth weapon? You could still use all the piercers, 1hb, and 2hb that work for bsts.

Well, if yer gonna have bsts at all, may as well let em use h2h, eh?

keen17

Quote from: TolnIt's a neat idea.

I noticed you are posting this on all of the Everquest class boards.

Just curious, how many people do you have in guild or headed there by now with all of this advertisement?

The Advertising is working!  We've had 40 apps in the past week!  And all the apps sound the same, it's all old players that are tired of raiding/grinding in higher level guilds and want to slow down and relax enjoying the "good ol' days".  

Also, to answer someone elses post about Beastlords not being in the kunark and old world content, we have opened all races and classes.  Some of this has sparked some controversy on other boards saying that this doesn't make us an "official" Old School Guild.  Anyway, we made up our own rules ..it's still fun..no one said we have to be hard core religious about it heh, we are just wanting to have fun.

JillieMT

Quote from: JillieMT

Unfortunately, if you want the old world pre-Velious feel (Kunark and below) there are no beastlords...  :P

I was kidding, hehe... I hope you don't think I was giving you a hard time. It does sound like fun, and I would play if I had just a bit more playtime these days. :)

keen17

*bump*

....Our first wave of recruiting was such a huge sucess that we had to put a hold on recruiting for a while to settle in with our new members. Well, after a few fun events and lots of leveling, we are ready to open the doors back up to those interested. We actually had a waiting list while the doors were closed.

This wave of recruitment will be for levels 1-30 of any class with preference given to clerics, rogues, druids, warriors and paladins.

Remember, we are looking for mature players who aren't intersted in the power gaming aspect. We are basically a group of "Oldies-but-Goodies" who have experienced the high end of the game and want to re-live the "olden days" of EQ. We have found that our guild doesn't appeal to the "younger" crowd or those new to the game and who are interested in quick results instead of smelling the roses. We are very laid back without any demands on play time. We are basically here to have fun without the high end/loot baggage that comes along with the uber raiding guilds.

Thanks!
Clearlee - Recruiting Officer of Jaded Dissent
www.jadeddissent.com

keen17

Hey there, we are now approaching almost 100 members.  We are now low on Enchanters, Clerics, Druids and Wizards, however we will always accept any class =).  

Thanks.  :D

Kreseth

Ignoring the fact that there are no beastlords in the original game or kunark, ignoring that they itemization changes make what you are attempting utterly pointless, ignoring the fact that the ruleset restricts several activities which were perfectly OK in the original game, and ignoring that those roses you are going back to smell weren't actually all that well designed & susequent design changes have eliminated a lot of the content in question, how the hell can you ask people to stay level 51 and under when kunark was levels 1-60?

BTW, do you forbid people from using the new character models?  Do you require them to not use spells that are lower level but were added to the game since kunark?  /shrug bah, if you get folks who want to imagine they are playing a different game, more power to them I suppose but I've been playing since the game went live & those old golden days were buggy as hell.

--Kreseth