Main Menu

"Hot" Zones

Started by kierstaad, October 12, 2004, 03:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kierstaad

Does anyone have a list of the current "hot" zones?

Thank you

Catgal

Two I know are... GE, PoTorment...

Sikkem

50 - 55   Griegs
55 - 60   Chardok
60 65(?)  Torment

Are all I know also sorry

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

kierstaad

I have never really spent much, maybe a few hours, in Torment.  Do you think a 65 bst of average+ gear could solo there?  I seem to remember there being alot of 2+ pulls on the bridge-ways past the ravens at the zone in.

Hereki

60-65 Plane of Torment
55-60 Chardok
50-55 Grieg's End
45-50 Nurga
40-45 City of Mist
35-40 Kaesora
30-35 Dalnir
25-30 Hollowshade Moor
20-25 Runnyeye

I would speculate this this will change at tomorrow's patch.

Jzath

Yep thems the ones.

I am in City of Mist and it really sucked until I learned the stables is the place to be if you start there at level 40.  With a group by the way.

When I saw folks in their low 50's hunting here and they were not after the reavers, I was not surprised to see such a wide range of levels on the mobs in that small space.

I think CoM is worse than Paludal Caverns.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

Pheral

Quote from: kierstaadI have never really spent much, maybe a few hours, in Torment.  Do you think a 65 bst of average+ gear could solo there?  I seem to remember there being alot of 2+ pulls on the bridge-ways past the ravens at the zone in.

I've done a lot of farming in this zone and other then the ravens at the zone in and some roamers, pretty much everything comes in 2 or more.
-- Pheral

Warderr

I did most of level 60 in GE. I estimate it took me about 2 hours to do the entire level in a full group. Level 61 is going quickly as well. I estimate about 4 hours in a full group in GE will take care of it.

If you have some way of single pulling I highly highly recommend GE. Nothing runs.

Warderr N'Wolfie
61 BST of The Nameless
<The Fools Republic>

Choppin

Well Pofire is a hot zone for exp, PoTorment isnt (not even with whatever boost they gave it).
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Dorrogtr T`A

Yeah, GE is a hotspot. I heard someone was getting 3% AA XP per kill, 30-40 second kills, not sure what level though. I might try it out sometime.

shnaggle

GE is great at level 59 with a full group I got a little sigh of a full yellow worth of exp in an hour.  It made level 59 go so much faster.  

Also GE is a very fun zone to exp in.

Eatbugs

Hm, Torment is a hot zone?  Doesn't seem all that spectacular solo, although it's steady xp at 70 - I'm getting about 3% AA per kill.  I've mostly been soloing there for a couple of quest drops, it doesn't really seem worth it as an xp camp.  (The 20k hp clerics are fairly irritating.)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

shnaggle

I am not to sure about this but I think to get the HotSpot EXP bonus you need to be in a group.

Aeluder

How do people find out what the hot spots are? Does sony print it?
Aeluder Kensington
64 Beastlord
Communion of Souls
Xegony

shnaggle

I beleive as soon as you enter the zone a message will indicate that the zone is a "Hot Spot".  Also I beleive that you have to be in the intended level range to get the Hot Spot EXP.