Main Menu

"Hot" Zones

Started by kierstaad, October 12, 2004, 03:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeluder

Hmm Ok. Is it  added in with OoW, or was it in before the expansion?

(edit: rephrased the question)
Aeluder Kensington
64 Beastlord
Communion of Souls
Xegony

shnaggle

It was added in a while ago not exactly sure when but I beleive it was either before  Gates of Discord or shortly after.

Aeluder

Thanks for the info. I'll keep my eyes open.
Aeluder Kensington
64 Beastlord
Communion of Souls
Xegony

Jzath

It was announced in the August 11 update notes.  You had to scroll down past all the PvP stuff.

I have not seen any special message, but now that I think about it, I haven't really looked either.  I also have not heard about any special rules around the level you have to be in order to get the bones xp.  I assumed that it was zone wide, but that is only a guess.  I am not sure how to quantify to know if the bonus drops off when hit the level about the range Sony posted.

Last night as we were killing pretty fast in CoM, I few times I watched my xp bar and it usually took 2 kills to get ~1% on some db mobs.  I am sure it was more as sometimes killing 3 in a row netted ~3%.  *sigh*  You know I say that and I forgot I had leadership xp on.  I was thinking as I typed that, "dang that is mediocre xp" until I realized I was leader of group and working on the leadership aa.

Anyway, I am now curious on how to find out once I hit 46 and stay in CoM, how to objectively tell if the bonus xp is not in effect.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

Romulos

Despite Torment beeing a Hot Zone, you can make much better xp in HoH or even BoT
Romulos Wolfcaller, Feral Lord on Mithaniel Marr
My Toys

Hereki

Quote from: shnaggleI am not to sure about this but I think to get the HotSpot EXP bonus you need to be in a group.

No.  And:

QuoteI beleive as soon as you enter the zone a message will indicate that the zone is a "Hot Spot". Also I beleive that you have to be in the intended level range to get the Hot Spot EXP.

No, you get no message.  And the hot spot mods are just flat changes to the ZEM that apply to all levels, and solo as well as grouped.  This is very easy to test, the only hard part is seeing how small the increase to ZEM really is.

Woruddar

tried soloing in Ge at 57 hehe one of them robe guys almost did me in me/pet 10% health and oom, bring a group or know something i dont hehe
Woruddar Wolveskin

FV-server

Nekokirei

Quote from: shnaggleI beleive as soon as you enter the zone a message will indicate that the zone is a "Hot Spot". Also I beleive that you have to be in the intended level range to get the Hot Spot EXP.

Quote from: HerekiNo, you get no message.  And the hot spot mods are just flat changes to the ZEM that apply to all levels, and solo as well as grouped.  This is very easy to test, the only hard part is seeing how small the increase to ZEM really is.

I seem to remember when I hit 20, Mistmoore was the Hot Zone for the level range.  I got a message--like the "Help with this function" box that pops up the first time you do something like make a trade--that suggested I go to Mistmoore as it was a hotzone.  Since, I've not gotten any such message--for instance dinging 50 did not give me the same for GE.  However, I think there was a "do not show this message again" option that I checked.  Don't know if this has something to do with character creation birthdate or is a level 20 thing only or what, but there definitely was a message at one time.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

negrismorte

Quote from: NekokireiI seem to remember when I hit 20, Mistmoore was the Hot Zone for the level range.  I got a message--like the "Help with this function" box that pops up the first time you do something like make a trade--that suggested I go to Mistmoore as it was a hotzone.  Since, I've not gotten any such message--for instance dinging 50 did not give me the same for GE.  However, I think there was a "do not show this message again" option that I checked.  Don't know if this has something to do with character creation birthdate or is a level 20 thing only or what, but there definitely was a message at one time.

This is correct.  When you ding to a level suited for a "hot zone" a message will pop-up saying your new zone for the hot bonus.  What I haven't seen yet is a way to pull up from a menu the current "hot zones" with the corresponding levels.

Oneiromancer

They tell you the hot zones in the patch message and then assume that you will write them down, remember them, or look them up on the website after that.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Tzuka

I didnt notice more xp than the usual in the "hot zones". btw. I still got the same amout AA per kill.

Oneiromancer

It's a small change...you'll almost never notice different % per kill.  You'd have to add it up over a long time...like % per hour at the least I think.  And even then there could be small changes to your playstyle during that particular time that you aren't even aware of that could make it seem better or worse.  It depends on the person...but most people probably won't notice the increases at all from just casually observing.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Deathclaw

aye - it was aaxp per hour i notice for GE, was faster after it came a hotspot, I got i nice loop of rooms that repop by the time i get back to the first room, and was way getting about the same aaxp, then it when up by 10% or there abouts over night.

bestuss

When i dinged 25 on my druid a while back i got a "pop up" window about hollowshade moor, think it might have mentioned it being a hot spot, would be nice if there was a command in game like "/hotspot" to get the list of the current ones.
/Nexxius lvl 40 beastlord on Antonius Bayle
My magelo
/Goloog lvl 67 beastlord on Antonius Bayle Goloogs magelo

Jzath

I was going to say I never received a pop up window telling me about the hot zone nor any message.  I asked my wife about it and she goes, "oh sure, I got the message every time I leveled the 20 or 25, etc".

It shows up in the text for her when you get the Welcome to level message.  I never read the text around the message.  Usually I am tanking, offtanking when I ding so I don't really look at the message.

When I hit 45 tonight, I am going to try to remember to scroll up and see the message.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044