Main Menu

NDA LIFTED!!! SoF here we come

Started by Humlaine, November 12, 2007, 07:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

They have failed to fix several of our key issues theis Beta, and the spell dev refused to enter dialogue to resolve it, am i allowed to say that? not sure.
1) Haste - is still a total joke
2) Fero - is still a total joke
3) MGB paragon - whereas got an upgrade it is still not near what anyone wanted, but is compensated via the single target.

There are areas you can solo SOF at 75 if DP+ geared

Mages got a shed load of attention on pets, thier class needed it, other pet classes did not get the same interaction.

Overall we got a bunch of copy+paste spells.

At the end of this you are going to be a much better soloer (back to pre TSS level), still solid in groups, lost ground in raids. And other classes are have gone up in ability around you, and a few got nerfs.

However, and this is the important thing, the content in SoF is going to compensate for a lot of individual class problems.

Inphared

Quote from: jitathab on November 13, 2007, 01:40:32 PM
...lost ground in raids. And other classes are have gone up in ability around you, and a few got nerfs.

I think a lot of you are underestimating the power of single target paragon. It may not seem like a lot, but once you put it in practice it really is very amazing.

Kanan

Quote from: Inphared on November 13, 2007, 02:24:58 PM
Quote from: jitathab on November 13, 2007, 01:40:32 PM
...lost ground in raids. And other classes are have gone up in ability around you, and a few got nerfs.

I think a lot of you are underestimating the power of single target paragon. It may not seem like a lot, but once you put it in practice it really is very amazing.

Honestly, with that being an available tool, I can truly see us being glued to certain clerics/druids during a raid, chaining focused para on them, or doing a rotation of it.  We've replaced necro's for feeding with this tbh.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Inphared

True as that may be, it's a large power boost in addition to the other things we've gotten. Our DPS is already pretty decent with what utility we previously had (note: don't derail onto previous utility please), and it has only improved with tripple attack. We can DPS for 2 minutes, toss two paragons, go back to DPSing, and toss another paragon, etc etc. We came out well, and I'm really not worried about being a mana battery.

Maylian

Yeah I'm glad for the bump in utility, also helps our DPS if you want to be selfish with it and cast it on yourself to extend the amount of nukes BE's/HatM etc you can cast.

jitathab

Im not understimating it, I already said that  we didnt get the paragon upgrade that some wanted, but the single target compensated for it.

Takrak

Lol so many beastlords want to be the best of everything...let our pets outtank and outdps all other pet classes, let us group haste like a chanter, let us dps like a zerker, let us tank like a monk.  We aren't meant to be superman.

Beastlords are beastlords.  We are by far one of the best classes in the game period as it stands now.  Everything aside, we do everything reasonably well...if I was to grade stuff, our pet is a B compared to mage pets, our nukes B/C, our slow B, our tanking B, our dps B/A, our heals C.  You put that all together we are an A+ toon compared to other classes which would get an A in one category only and then Bs and C/D/Fs across the board.

1) Fero will be useful with the new mob mitigation.
2) Pet group haste...5 minutes is all you need ain't it?  I'm assuming the recourse fires off often enough so that as long as your pet is up and active you won't see it fade.
3) Paragon - it's a balancing issue...current paragon with buff extension yields about 1K mana for the entire raid - you have 3-5 beastlords on - its increasing everyone's mana pool by about 33% over the duration of the fight which is reasonable.  They don't want to make paragon so powerful that 3 bstlords can essentially double everyone's mana pool lol.  The problem is most guilds only have 2 token raiding beasts on my server - so while I would love paragon to be better - developers fear the theoretical but feasible possibility of having 5 bsts in a guild throwing everything off. The single target paragon was a perfect solution imo.

My only complaint right now - Taste of Blood SUCKS!

Grbage

Quote from: Takrak on November 13, 2007, 03:24:00 PM
2) Pet group haste...5 minutes is all you need ain't it?  I'm assuming the recourse fires off often enough so that as long as your pet is up and active you won't see it fade.

No. You cast the normal pet haste on your pet, it recoursed from the pet to the group and only happens on casting the pet haste. Otherwise, the pet hast last a normal amount of time but recourse last a maximum of 14 (15?) minutes with RKIII. To keep the group hasted using this spell you would end up chewing through a ton of mana.

To add insult to injury it overwrites celerity and potion haste.

Prat was completely MIA from the spell boards this beta, supposedly working on content. None of the classes are happy about their spells so expect some major tweaking to occur withing the first month.

The rest of the devs were awesome. I was very happy about their feedback and changes made via community request. Even Merloc looked to have turned out some good gear this go around, maybe there is some hope for him after all.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Khauruk

Quote from: Takrak on November 13, 2007, 03:24:00 PM
Lol so many beastlords want to be the best of everything...let our pets outtank and outdps all other pet classes, let us group haste like a chanter, let us dps like a zerker, let us tank like a monk.  We aren't meant to be superman.
I must say, I've never seen any beastlord worth a darn ask for these things.  You'll get the occasional troll looking for it, but /shrug...they're everywhere.
Beastlords are beastlords.  We are by far one of the best classes in the game period as it stands now.  Everything aside, we do everything reasonably well...if I was to grade stuff, our pet is a B compared to mage pets, our nukes B/C, our slow B, our tanking B, our dps B/A, our heals C.  You put that all together we are an A+ toon compared to other classes which would get an A in one category only and then Bs and C/D/Fs across the board.
For most things, EQ is tending towards pure class dominance imo.  Are Beastlords still a great/fun class?  Aye...esp. for groupers.  But, I think we'll still be a bit lackluster for raiding after this.  Time will tell, however.  But, our slow is third, our damage taken will probably be around 8 or 9th, our dps probably will be a decent second tier still, heals are set to be 6th (tied for 5th in group content probably), etc, etc,....
1) Fero will be useful with the new mob mitigation.
It still won't be particularly useful for raid content, as atk boosts aren't looking to be very high.  we'll have to see what the new breakpoint is for ATK, but I'm guessing it'll be around 2.5kish now (just a guess).  If the group armor is well itemized for +ATK, it'll be mostly useless for groupers as well.
2) Pet group haste...5 minutes is all you need ain't it?  I'm assuming the recourse fires off often enough so that as long as your pet is up and active you won't see it fade.
It never refreshes.  It's not a pet procced recourse.  Tier II is 12 minutes, meaning you need to drop close to 1k mana to rehaste pet every 12 minutes in order to haste group.
3) Paragon - it's a balancing issue...current paragon with buff extension yields about 1K mana for the entire raid - you have 3-5 beastlords on - its increasing everyone's mana pool by about 33% over the duration of the fight which is reasonable. 
3 beastlords boosting mana by 33% means (using the 1k figure) that average raider manapools are 9k?  Khauruk has a shitty manapool, but it's higher than that, having a worse manapool than a well geared grouper now.  5 bst rotation would mean 15k mana pools...reasonable figure.
They don't want to make paragon so powerful that 3 bstlords can essentially double everyone's mana pool lol.  The problem is most guilds only have 2 token raiding beasts on my server
Exactly...and our dps won't compensate for having some lame paragon-bots who need more healing than many dps classes to keep alive filling up the raid everywhere.
so while I would love paragon to be better - developers fear the theoretical but feasible possibility of having 5 bsts in a guild throwing everything off. The single target paragon was a perfect solution imo.Agreed

My only complaint right now - Taste of Blood SUCKS!
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Xacer

The pet haste is also my question as well.

Does the recourse go off all the time or do you have to recast buff and then wait for proc to get the haste?

IF you can only get it once per cast of buff then i can see a big problem with it and why its getting blocked.

If not then why worry about it if we have our new and imporved killer pets.

My only problem with the expansion is that once were all to 80 we have to farm the heck out of AAs to fully enjoy the benifits of this expansion which for a casual player is going to be a long and tedious journey.

Just my 2cts

Edit: just saw above post on pets. Gonna get blocked and potions still filling up my bags till fixed.

Khauruk

Quote from: Grbage on November 13, 2007, 03:45:59 PM
Prat was completely MIA from the spell boards this beta, supposedly working on content. None of the classes are happy about their spells so expect some major tweaking to occur withing the first month.

The rest of the devs were awesome. I was very happy about their feedback and changes made via community request. Even Merloc looked to have turned out some good gear this go around, maybe there is some hope for him after all.

True dat on all accounts.../pray for some spell revamps soon!

If the new pets are insufficient, Rytan plans to do another round of tuning (as needed) in a few weeks.  So...get your parses/reasons out.  Nothing will be major, but some changes might be possible.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Takrak

I don't know why they bother with those lame dot line of spells - I haven't used them since I was 65 when I would use it for aggro - which they nerfed.  They need to add a small resist mod to make me even consider using them.

Panthur

Since i'm blind and cant find a list of our SOF aas, Can someone tell me the cost and the level to be to buy the aa for the werewolf illusion? Plz plz NOT lv 80 lol, i really would hate to wait THAT long! I know i will be working on the paragon to get access to the single target version  (heheh paragon rocks for plving casters btw--imagine a 2 min timer one wheee!).

Pondering if when you have this on and use beastial alignment if it works, as when im in any illusion form BA wont take hold which is annoying.

PS: is the werewolf a pure white like some of them in demi on tris event or are they off whites with some grey ? Sorry, im dying to know :P

Nusa

Nobody privy to that data has posted such details for Beastlords yet. I've seen most of the general AA info on other class sites, but beastlord specific stuff I figure I'll find out costs and restrictions on when the servers come up.

I figure any illusion will block BA, just like always. No reason werewolf would be an exception.

Grbage

As far as how tuned up pets are. When beta started mobs were tearing the pets a new one. After tuning I could sit back playing pet cleric and keep the pet up using PM in loping plains and dragonscale with the occasional patch heal.

Only played pet cleric to see how well the pet would do. Couple mobs I ran out of mana before the mob died but I wasnt doing any dps outside of the pet, had not issue keeping the pet up until I went OOM.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv