Main Menu

New Epic clue ?

Started by Aubre, September 15, 2004, 04:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeshmal

I'm again asking that those of you who wish to whine about the inclusion (which I note is unverified) of tradeskills in the epic quests do so on a different thread. It would be great if we could keep this thread available for actual epic quest clues/hints/content/discovery, and not for complaints.

Knaw

Quote from: Raaski RazorclawsI would imagine any new Epic stuff would be in either Old world, or new OoW incase someone doesn't have "X" expansion they wouldn't have access to it. For beastlords though it would make sense to have some Luclin parts (since if you are playing a bst you have to have Luclin).
This sounds reasonable to narrow down the possible zones. Even if it's unlikely that one only has the original EQ, SoL and Oow, it is possible.
The question is, how literal are the instructions? Someone have the starting dialogue for the Shamans at hand, so that we can compare what is said with the stuff they have to get from TS?
Knaw, the peachy Feral Lady.
Legendary Companions
The Tribunal

Zentrel

QuoteCould this possibly be the shrub we need?

while the shrub itself may be the one we need i doubt it...  

might as well pick one up for now just in case though eh...

Siodan

Quote from: AeshmalI'm again asking that those of you who wish to whine about the inclusion (which I note is unverified) of tradeskills in the epic quests do so on a different thread. It would be great if we could keep this thread available for actual epic quest clues/hints/content/discovery, and not for complaints.

yes PLEASE just start helping those who don't give a damn about if it's tradeskills or not and just SHUT UP about whineing!!

about every other class already has info on thier first item, and the guy to talk to  but you guys are so hell bent on complaining that i have only seen a few helpfull posts in this whole thread, if your not going to bother with the epic due to tradeskills then fine, don't, but don't clutter this board with flames so that others can't even start theirs!!

/rant off,    i belive the bloted guys may be OoW mobs from maybe the Spires or Wals of Slaughter, the fat goblin looking thingys.  theres lots of caves and things in ommens too that might have ground spawns checked most og Scar and spires tho and haven't found one...spiers would be berfect for the "on fouled earth" as tehre that stream of something being transmited )that bigg collum of red stuff.
i know it's not the most helpfull but atleast tring.
If bsts are so powerful we should all guild together and in one giant raid, WIPE OUT NORRATH!!!  Muahahahahahaaaa

Aeshmal

The shaman version is almost as vague as ours; but there are more of them than there are of us. Here's the pertinent part of the shaman epic so far:

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'Very well. You will not find this an easy task. There are several things you must do and other heyokah you must find that have helped us in the past. Where there is glitter upon the setting of Ro, you will find an agent of the spirits. In the deep waters where the megalodon is said to hunt, there is another. And where the wonders of nature rise in the dark, another ally awaits. Look for light in the denseness of entwined shadows. One will greet you with all you have learned. She is doing research in a bustling labyrinth of creatures and can educate you where I cannot. Tell them all of me and they will give you audience.'

Shadowpaw

Shadowclaw Grimwhisker
General of the Khati Sha
Level 68/33AA, VT
200 Baking, 200 Brewing, 200 Fletching
[Stoic] / Povar

Shadowpaw

Here is the real story of the Megalodon:

The Creature of Lake Rathetear

Is there a monster in Lake Rathetear? For years, rumors abounded about an enormous monster dwelling in the depths of Lake Rathetear. Sightings of the enigmatic beast were sketchy and scattered at best due to its extremely rare "appearances." Researchers the world over debated the veracity of these accounts, while the curious ventured forth with nets, poles, gnomish sounding devices, and anything else that might yield proof of its existence.

Known as the Megalodon, this fabled creature did, in fact, exist in the game at one time. However, its existence caused a couple problems in the game.

According to Game Designer Dan Enright, "[Megalodon] was removed because the bounding volume of the model didn't stretch with the size of the model, so players couldn't hit him even though he could kill them. He also didn't path correctly because of his size and the depth of the lake."

But players weren't always at the disadvantage with the Megalodon thanks to that same bounding volume problem. "He was an easy exploit target," explains Designer Bill Coyle. "You could cast on him from land with impunity so he was removed. I miss that big shark."

The Megalodon was removed from the game during Beta, Phase 4. The story behind its sudden disappearance reveals that the Megalodon's growing power and thirst for carnage had come to the attention of the gods themselves. It is speculated that they had begun to fear the beast's mounting strength. Prexus, the Oceanlord, finally slew the Megalodon at the behest of his immortal peers.

DOH! I'm helping Shamans! How evil.
Shadowclaw Grimwhisker
General of the Khati Sha
Level 68/33AA, VT
200 Baking, 200 Brewing, 200 Fletching
[Stoic] / Povar

Shieara

I think there are a couple key words referring to the shrub.  One is "newly discovered."  This could mean it is from the new zone.  The other is that it "shields your mind."  This reminded me of Grieg, since he was supposed to be an enchanter that took over people's minds and all.  I checked around GE for a ground spawn and didn't see anything, but it was a fast run since I was running late to class.  Other spots to check might be the Deep or..hmm...I dunno.  Just playing a hunch on this one.

The tusked guy sounds like a mob you fight due to the "releasing" part of the phrase.  However with it being referred to as wild it brings to mind an actual animal model as opposed to something like the tormentors in miraguls.  There are so many zones with tusked creatures though it is hard to tell where to start.

The tailor that is a kindred spirit could be about anywhere.  Dunno where to even start looking on that one.  I concur that he/she is probably a beastlord from the kindred spirit line given.

The corrupted earth one sounds like it need to be somewhere where there was  some kind of  building.  "Pushing through the stones" brings cobblestones to mind.  Mistmoore,  PoD..uhh...that zone next to the lake (name escapes me..starts with U).  

Anyways lets all work together and try to find these drops/spawns  :D

tkyn

Quotethe dark corner in a place built on foul earth
Karnors Castle in the middle of Dreadlands possibly?
Tkyn - 70 Beastlord - Veeshan

Dreambringer

Yes I dont believe that the first part of the epic will be in OoW. I know a lot of people are there looking for stuff, but again these epics where spred out all over Norrath. Sad thing is, we dont even know if the NPC in Shar Vahl is even our epic starter. I'm sure most of us are sure it is but there is still that doubt. Anyway, since that is our best lead here are a few things yall at home can check if you want for the first ground spawn. 1). Kaesora was built upon ruins from times long past, look down there next to Xalgoz maybe find a new NPC or the wild grass. It is readily accessable to everyone and we already have 1 guest mob down there that pertains to us. 2). I know most will shiver when I say this but the hole is another great place to look. 3). Acrylia Caverns 4). Befallen 5). Chardok 6). There are new NPC all over Norrath that you can hail and dont get any response to. I'm thinking those are epic/quest NPC look for our races and hail with epics. 7). Has someone gone through Shar Vahl or your home city and talked to your guild master and see if he hits who you should speak with? So again lets start listing the things we have done instead of what we should be doing.... and for gods sack leave tailoring out, reguardless if you dont like that there may be the possibility that you will need over 100+ skill in tailoring that isn't going to change what SOE has written as our epic. I doubt they are going to go back and re-write beastlords epic becouse a few of yall dont want to have to do some work. :P Come on people, over 1500 hits on this thread alone and only a small portion of us are posting. Lets knock this thing out. /salute

Predator Dreambringer Daywarder
THE Feral Lord of Rallos Zek
Proud member of Wudan

Kinash

Quote from: Dreambringer 6). There are new NPC all over Norrath that you can hail and dont get any response to. I'm thinking those are epic/quest NPC look for our races and hail with epics.

All of the NPC's I have encountered that are not responding to Hails are for Tasks. They will only respond if the Task asks you to go to them. I would suspect that any tailor that will help is somewhere in Shar Vahl and we will be told when we get the items needed for the Helm.
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Tolerable

"C'mon, people, getting to 100+(Master) in any tradeskill is a walk in the park nowadays.

"Like I said, you need 5 things

Greyhopper hides (5-10 pp, bazaar)
Few stacks of Boot patterns (few sp, merchant)
Few Stacks of Quiverpatterns (same)
High quality cat pelts(5-10pp, bazaar)
Collapsed sewingkit 150 pp, bazaar)
And about 2-3k plat.

Buy hides whenever you are in bazaar and make Greyhopper boots till you get to 95, then make quivers till you get to 115. "

While I won't jump to conclusions that we will have to become master tailors, which I personally despise, the above mentioned plan of getting to master normally may be easy. However, if there are 500-1000 Beast running around trying to collect the needed items to get their tailoring up, you just might find it a bit more difficult to get the needed items. :)

Kinash

Quote from: Tolerable"C'mon, people, getting to 100+(Master) in any tradeskill is a walk in the park nowadays.

"Like I said, you need 5 things

Greyhopper hides (5-10 pp, bazaar)
Few stacks of Boot patterns (few sp, merchant)
Few Stacks of Quiverpatterns (same)
High quality cat pelts(5-10pp, bazaar)
Collapsed sewingkit 150 pp, bazaar)
And about 2-3k plat.

Buy hides whenever you are in bazaar and make Greyhopper boots till you get to 95, then make quivers till you get to 115. "

While I won't jump to conclusions that we will have to become master tailors, which I personally despise, the above mentioned plan of getting to master normally may be easy. However, if there are 500-1000 Beast running around trying to collect the needed items to get their tailoring up, you just might find it a bit more difficult to get the needed items. :)

The market for HQ Cat Pelts has just skyrocketed as evey Bst in Norrath runs to the Bazaar to get their Tailoring up! I think it is time to farm Cat Pelts!  :lol:
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

bark

When I think of foul land I think of swamps. I thought for a second that they had a "visit the home area of each beastlord's race" thing going there (foul land = innothule swamp, tusked creatures = mammoths in everfrost). I keep forgetting that innothule isn't home to us trolls anymore, though.

So other ideas for "foul land":
- dreadlands (self explanatory)
- the grey (lots of rocks, pretty sparse)
- feerrott (pushing the "visit beastlord lands idea, dark, Cazic Thule IS "accursed" after all)
- PoD (self explanatory)
- Swamp of No Hope (swamp!)

Weaker suspects (imo):
- Nektolous Forest (dark, evil, troll starting zone)
- Lavastorm (rough terrain)
- Aren't oasis, nro, sro supposed to be the site of a catastrophe or curse or something?

Umm, I think I'm spent for now. At work so no searching for me.

And yeah, raising tailoring isn't going to be so easy now that you have a bunch of people that are REALLY good at farming stuff, umm, farming stuff.

Shieara

Just searched Mistmoore pretty thouroughly.  Didn't see any ground spawns other then the dusty ribcage in the garden.  The search for little brown bags on the ground (or rocks or anything unusual looking) continues.

Edit:  I did try talking to the trainer in Shar Vahl.  He didn't give me anything other then his standard response.

Edit 2:  Searched Unrest.  Didn't find anything.  Takin' a break for now :)