Main Menu

Top 10 list(10-10-05)...

Started by Tastian, October 09, 2005, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesstor

I think that the Trushar's Mending  spell is still a issue, 4 expansions after GoD. SoE really screwed us here imo. They gave us a group version of ios, then made it a group heal?, then made it a single target crap heal that is outhealed by a lower level heal spell: Chloroblast.

I think there is room for a nice spell bst spell. Give us back group IOS, that would be fabolous. Furthermore if they could make group IOS add DR/PR (since we already get shadoo/jacinth). This would make this spell great and would not overpower us as the effect is already something we have. It just makes the process of buffing less painful.

What ya'll think?

Rarrum

I don't even remember the last time I had a reason to cast IoS... unless they change it so it buffs stats over the cap, it'd just be changing it from a pointless spell to another pointless spell.  Trushar's Mending "does" need changed, but seeing as it's a spell mainly just raiding bst have access to, a spell that wouldn't benefit raiding bst doesn't make sense.  I'd rather they add group IoS seperately as a new lower level spell that's vender sold, as that would make it more accessible to those that would actually benefit from it.

If they left the healing part of Trushar's as it is though, but added to the spell... that would make it at least useful.  Add something similarly themed like.. say.. a weak curse cure.  Or just completely change it to like a small but very effecient moderate duration HoT.

Tastian

This is one of the problems that comes with having a game like EQ.  Lots of changes get tied together and at any given point in time people will only see the final result.

When trushar's was IoS beastlords fell behind rangers in healing for the first time ever.  Then with omens coming beastlords new heal was going to be further behind because we didn't get an upgrade in GoD.  When Trushar's got turned into a heal then our healing got boosted there, returned to being even with rangers and our omens heal improved so that we had better healing there as well.  However, they then went back and re-did other heals, including chloro, and that skewed where somethings stand today.

The decision to change the heal was the right one at the time, especially considering who had access to the spell.  However, other changes since have caused other issues.  The 65/67 heals do need to be tweaked and should have been awhile ago.  Other things kept coming up though and prevented that from happening.  Hopefully they will be fixed and it's something that they are aware of.  One thing we do have to keep in mind with situations like this though is order of events.  It's not like trushar's came into the game as a downgrade nor did muada. 

Sharrien

I understand there was some horse trading for our heal spells when they were creating OoW heals, I still miss group IOS.  At this point there probably isn't much to be gained arguing about it.  However, they did short us a spell or two in OoW, we got fewer than any other caster or hybrid.

Group Alladnu might be a good addition....
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

sunkash

"but seeing as it's a spell mainly just raiding bst have access to, a spell that wouldn't benefit raiding bst doesn't make sense."

Actually this was changed a few months ago; many of the 65 GoD spells are now researchable, and at least on the server I'm on is readily available in the bazaar, fairly reasonable price too :)  yeah they're tradeable. the ancient GoD spell is the only one I'm aware of that's not researchable now.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/recipe.html?recipe=7319

Yes, it would be nice, being SOE agreed this spell was out of whack, long, long ago, to actually update it, change it, or something to make it of some use.

hakaaba

I'm aware how we came to this point.  But the fact remains that our 65 and 67 heals have been downgrades to chloroblast for over a year now.  That fact by itself is just as inexcusable as if they had been created unbalanced.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tastian

I know you are aware and I do think it's been way too long.  However, there are a lot of people that don't know the order of things.  Just one of those things that happens with an evolving game like EQ.  *shrugs*

Goom

Hey,

About the warder models - is there any chance they'll be changed? It sounds like extra work that would translate to a cost that I'm certain isn't going to be negligable. However, if trolls could have crazy poison frogs or snakes, and ogres could have gorillas, and vah shir could have ... whatever moon beasts there are (underbulks? stonegrabbers? greyhoppers but bigger, like 1/2 a trakanosaur? yeah, that's the one)... and iksars could have panthers or spiders ... that would be awesome.

Know what else? It's great that there's a pet at 46, and I think I'll really enjoy getting a pet every two levels - 54, 56, 58, 60, 62 ... but what about 51-54? Those early 50's are the first time it feels like work to gain experience. As an older player (been on since 2000), I actually have an emotional issue with having to go through those levels again, even if they are "smoothed" out - I remember playing 4-5 hours a night and having the reward be 1 yellow if you were able to get a group. So...make it easier on us, bump the 54 pet down - or ideally, give us a middleground pet (just split the difference between the old 49 and 54 and put it at 52)? Please?

One last thing - can we get our haste line extended down? Instead of nothing up till ... whatever level ... can we start maybe with a 10% haste spell around level 25, then maybe 15% at 35 and 20% at 43, 25% at 49 and 30% at 55? Or something like that? I should probably look at the numbers to make it scale the way it should, but it's not like me suggesting it and providing a perfect example of implementation will make it more likely to see this change made.  :-P My thinking is that of all the beastlord's spell-abilities, most stat buffs are the same as that of all other hybrids - moderately useful solo, totally useless while grouped - except the beast crack line is unique and nice, and the nukes we get are also tailored for us and us alone, and so ... why is haste the one hold-out? Maybe I'm not making my analogy clear enough. We get slow spells all through the game (20-70). We get stat buffs. We also have unique spell lines that bring a lot to the class and also give us confidence that the devs love us the way they should. Can't we get haste in parallel with all this other stuff?

I hope this post is at least somewhat useful~

Firiona.Goom
(fennin.faza)
The above post may contain opinion mixed with fact. You're human too.

hakaaba

I know they told us to stop bothering them with our "logic", but you think it'd be a good idea to make at least a skeleton top 10? Since SS did resolve several issues, and bring up several new ones (and continue several old ones :/)

Something like:

issue 1: Savage Ferocity - low high end gains from attack, too expensive.  accuracy mod suggested
issue 2: aura of spirit - much smaller gains than paragon, compared to pools.  trivialized by ooc regen.  increase duration or reduce recast suggested.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Khauruk

I like the idea, even if it's just for 'in-house' use.  It gives us something to keep watch on, remind devs when talking w/ them, do parses for, etc,.

Fero - make that an overcap accuracy mod though.
Add:
HASTE!!!
Melee Mitigation
Bring back melee rune for pet.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

rhaug

make fero a groupcast with a accuracy mod or critical melee mod on it
will improve our role in a group and raid for sure
also a grouphaste cant be overpowered

Rarrum

I still need to update this with a few spell lines... but:
http://beastlords.neoclaw.net/docs/bst_spell_level-ranges.html

Remember cures?  We get our first one at level 4, before we even get a pet.  After PoPower though (63), we just stopped getting new cures.  While they'd been around since luclin, PoPower is where curse counters started to get heavier use... starting with Gates they got crazy use.  We never get a curse cure though, not even a weaker one.

One of my top issues would be at the least adding a mid-strength version of curse cure, which we should have gotten a long time ago as it is.  This will at least let us act in a "ack... group's main curse curer died... well at least I can save a couple people" type role.  In my old guild back in PoPower, on fights where disease cures were needed, bst and shm were always used as main curers there, as it doesn't detract as much from the raid's healing power as making clr/dru do it would.

Pakratz

I agree with Rarrum that a curse cure would be a handy and reasonable addition.  Rangers got a curse cure in TSS and it has been shown to be useful on raids.  Not sure why they would get this and we wouldnt, we're usually side-by-side in cures I thought.

Khauruk

We were, until TSS when we fell way behind /mourn less utility.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Shieara

Actually, whether we were even or not depends on how you look at it.  We get poison cures at the same time as rangers, but we have always gotten disease cures before them.  The end result was our having the same spells though.

I admit, I was sorta surprised that rangers got that cure and we didn't.  Not surprised enough to start any crusades about it though.