Main Menu

What weapons would you pick

Started by melikemilk, November 04, 2009, 11:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

melikemilk

IF you could pick any of the following  weapon what set up would you go for for the best dps.( what weapon in main hand and what weapon in off hand)

Cold Iron Morning Star 1HB 
DMG: 75 Delay: 25 Ratio: 3.00

Crystalline Spear Piercing 
DMG: 56 Delay: 19 Ratio: 2.95

Flashing Prismatic Knucklewraps Hand
DMG: 60 Delay: 20 Ratio: 3.00

Corpse Hook Hand
DMG: 58 Delay: 19 Ratio: 3.09

Nusa

Those are PRE-aug ratios...the comparsion you want to base your decision on would be POST-aug ratios. As in actually do the math. Note that THe Corpse Hook also has 3 corruption DMG that you didn't mention, although it looks like it's been factored into the ratio you quoted by some unknown formula.

The first two have cold-based procs, the second two have fire-base procs. Either choice could be situationally advantageous based on content. Cold is more useful in the generic case.

The first two also have valuable clickies, particularly the spear, if you don't have them on other items.

But if your choice is solely based on ratio, then the Corpse Hook is likely to be your mainhand choice.

Grbage

There was a discussion on SOE's boards about how to figure elemental damages. If I remember right (my memory isn't the best) a dev chimed in and said corruption lands for full most the time on mobs due to them not having much corruption resist.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Kanan

and based upon that same assumption, prismatic dmg should function much the same.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khauruk

Chromatic is based on lowest elemental resist, and Prismatic is average of elemental resists.  So, Chromatic will land more than Prismatic, which does not land as much as corruption.  I got this screwed up for a long time, and usually still need to find a chromatic spell on Lucy to remind myself which is which.

On a Fire mob, for example, where Fire resist is huge, Primatic damage won't land much, since the average resist will still be very high.

On a generic trash mob, the two very possibly will land equally, since the base templates for mobs have equal elemental resists (at least they did in TBS).

I think elemental resists are still set higher than corruption on mobs, so neither will land as nice.

This is how I like to rank "elemental resist" desirability:
Corr >>> Chromatic > Poison/Disease/Magic* > Prismatic > Fire/Cold

*(Magic resist on most mobs is kept artificially low so they don't need to keep adding new slow spells, and many mobs are very susceptible to poison/disease.  These resists are also often hugely debuffed by several classes on mobs where they are very high (raids, etc.))
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Brane

Are you sure MR is not included in chromatic and prismatic calculation? Just asking to make sure.

Khauruk

I used to be, but I can't find those infos anymore, so I'm definitely not 100%.  Though, Camikazi's usually good at correcting me when I talk out of my butt, and he hasn't stepped in.
TURNCOAT!!!!!