Main Menu

hp from gear

Started by nedoirah, December 31, 2009, 04:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedoirah

I didn't know where to post this.

I have a multi-tiered question.
First does anyone know how much hp we get from aa?
Second does anyone know how much hp we get from sta effects?
Third does anyone know how much hp we get from heroic sta effects?

The way I had it figured was aa (natural durability/planar durability) if maxxed was 1.24 X hp.
Sta effects I thought gave 9.572914 (rounded to 6 decimal places) X sta point.
I can't figure the formula for Hsta effects.

I've used excel to attempt to figure it in conjuction with beta (only cause I could reset my aa there) but no matter how I tweak my formulas it never comes out correctly.

Kanan

I've been told that Hstam is 5 or 10 hps (I hate not being definite) + the normal hp gain for our class.

If you can do those resets on test, you should be able to do the determination there.

Would require annoying amount of testing, but my thoughts of the methodology:

reset the AA down to nil, or at least any and all hp modifier AAs.

bump them up to max, checking hp delta each AA added.  I'm not sure if just doing ND then our combo AA is best, or to do the ND to max, add combo then and compare to doing combo first and then progressively adding ND.

HStam can be verified in a similar fashion, by finding items with +1, +2, +3, up to highest you've got (preferably for one slot, but that's not very reasonable to do tbh), and changing them out as you go.

I may be stating the obvious, but if you can determine what each particular AA does to the formula, it should give you a path to being able to set it in excel.

Hell.. get me the raw data and I'd love to make that spreadsheet (excel = best MS product they ever stole)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

nedoirah

Quote from: Kanan on December 31, 2009, 02:55:13 PM
I've been told that Hstam is 5 or 10 hps (I hate not being definite) + the normal hp gain for our class.

If you can do those resets on test, you should be able to do the determination there.

Would require annoying amount of testing, but my thoughts of the methodology:

reset the AA down to nil, or at least any and all hp modifier AAs.
(Already done that.) (That's how I got some of my figures)
bump them up to max, checking hp delta each AA added.  I'm not sure if just doing ND then our combo AA is best, or to do the ND to max, add combo then and compare to doing combo first and then progressively adding ND.

HStam can be verified in a similar fashion, by finding items with +1, +2, +3, up to highest you've got (preferably for one slot, but that's not very reasonable to do tbh), and changing them out as you go.
(Tried that too)
I may be stating the obvious, but if you can determine what each particular AA does to the formula, it should give you a path to being able to set it in excel.
(With all the steps you listed before, I attempted to do exactly what you're suggesting and still run into a roadblock)

Hell.. get me the raw data and I'd love to make that spreadsheet (excel = best MS product they ever stole)
I'll e-mail you the data I got from beta testing in excel.

Camikazi

Quote from: nedoirah on December 31, 2009, 04:46:52 AM
The way I had it figured was aa (natural durability/planar durability) if maxxed was 1.24 X hp.

I'm getting 1.21 multiplier with ND, PE, PD and DoN Porgression AA done, which seems right, 13% for 6 levels of ND, 3% for PD, 2% for PE and 3% for DoN AA.

nedoirah

Yeah typo on my part. Grr DoN progression. I forgot about that. I won't get a true base due to that since my main has that progression tier done.

Camikazi

Quote from: nedoirah on January 01, 2010, 12:55:40 AM
Yeah typo on my part. Grr DoN progression. I forgot about that. I won't get a true base due to that since my main has that progression tier done.

I'm not sure if Beta is still open, but if it is you can make a beta buff there to test it. Don't think they start with progression AAs done.