Started by Mazame, January 07, 2010, 07:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazame

Ok with the new augs out there a few ways to go

1st) 4 damage

2nd) 2 damage + 100 DD proc

3rd) 225 DD proc

4th) 175 DD life tap proc.

with Twin proc  and the chance to crit on proc / life taps  is pure damage the way to go still or has anyone looked into  parsing the effect with twin proc to see if proc damage would be worth it?

Inphared

It doesn't outweigh a damage aug.

Option 1, please.

Kanan

I'd agree with Inph.

Question tho: how often does each rank of twinproc fire?

Most of us are at (2PPM base primary + 1PPM 2ndary) * 240% (WA7 140% + 100% CE)  = 7.2PPM.  so that's 7.2 chances per minute for it to fire.  Based upon the PPM, it's easy to calc the dps from each of the proc augs that are out there e.g. 225DD one = 27 optimal dps ((7.2PPM x 225dmg)/(60sec/min)), but less with resists.  Add 9% twinproc rate (adds just 9% to proc rate effectively, no?  If should just look at the dmg, well, twould really just be an 18% increase (9% rate increase x double the dmg)  27 x 118% = 31.86 dps.  Gain of 4.86 dps.  If it's a 9% increase in proc rate, it changes the dps to be merely 29.43, even less.

It's also relatively simple to determine the dps gains from the pure dmg augs (requires a parse, hence not extremely simple ;p).

So you can be able to calculate how much extra proc dmg is required to be able to compensate for a dmg aug.  Granted, i'm a fan of the less streaky agro from a dmg aug vs a ginormous proc (still have nightmares from the days of using the time proc club)

EDITED to add twinproc rate I found in magelo.

hmm.. I think I just talked myself into putting twinproc off for a while if my thinking's remotely close to accurate.

EDITED to add CE rate.  As said below, i got nfc how much hDex affects things.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khauruk

You forgot CE and HDex in there, but that won't change the conclusion I don't think.

And yeah..twinproc (if it's working yet) is really only useful if you have lifesap equipped weapons, for the extra healing.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Kanan

thanks.. knew I was forgetting another doubler in there.. and I got nfc how much hDex affects it.

Inphared

Twinproc does indeed work, and the success rate is 3% per rank (3 ranks) for a total of 9% at the end.

It fires off of things like shaman Lynx, or imbued procs if you like using the (terrible) Symbol of the Planesmasters.

It's a very, very good AA for Warriors and Knights (hate procs), but a marginal upgrade to DPS for anyone else.

**EDIT**

Your above math is incorrect as well. Twinproc is not an increase in procrate, that's Weapon Affinity. Twinproc is a 9% chance to twincast any proc you make. Once you figure procrate, then you can basically guestimate that 10% of those are going to be double procs.

Khauruk

Quote from: Inphared on January 07, 2010, 07:51:52 PMIt's a very, very good AA for Warriors

Fixed.  Knights should be using Rune IV augs, which will not twinproc, since they're beneficial.  You could make a case for well-geared paladins using a Lifetap, since the healing will reasonably outdo the mitigation of the rune, but the differential isn't enough to be worthwhile on SK (and mitigation >> healing).

Fairly moot point though - most top-50 paladins have AC augs in their 1h, most SKs have Rune, and Warriors are not-so-slowly moving to damage augs since their agro is better than ever when dual-weilding.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

Quote from: Khauruk on January 07, 2010, 08:30:28 PM
Quote from: Inphared on January 07, 2010, 07:51:52 PMIt's a very, very good AA for Warriors and Knights

Fixed again!

Rune procs are massive hatelist (in other words, AoE) agro, and any good Knight uses one, especially Paladins.

Khauruk

Quote from: Khauruk on January 07, 2010, 08:30:28 PMRune IV augs, which will not twinproc, since they're beneficial.

Read this part again :)

And I agree that Paladins particularly should, but almost every paladin in the game is an idiot.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

Turns out, I'm super bad at reading.

gg.

Kanan

Quote from: Inphared on January 07, 2010, 07:51:52 PM
**EDIT**

Your above math is incorrect as well. Twinproc is not an increase in procrate, that's Weapon Affinity. Twinproc is a 9% chance to twincast any proc you make. Once you figure procrate, then you can basically guestimate that 10% of those are going to be double procs.

Well, I did present 2 possible methods.  The organization in main paragraph was bleh, but here's my thought pattern on the looking at it from dmg PoV: calc dbl dmg x proc rate x twinproc rate = dps gain = same as the 18% assumption, and that logic feels better (9% chance 7.2 times per min to double your dmg from the proc)

Sikkem

Quote from: Inphared on January 07, 2010, 07:51:52 PM
imbued procs if you like using the (terrible) Symbol of the Planesmasters.

Why is Symbol of the Planemasters so terrible? Sorry took a bit of a break a while ago and seem to have missed something  :roll:

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Khauruk

Well, certainly not useful for bst unless they want more agro than we can already generate.  I'd like one for the agro, but /shrug...I'm not even playing atm, so I can't be drooling too hard.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

Quote from: Dev-Ngreth
Quote from: Rasper_Helpdesk
*disclaimer : this is to the best of my knowledge and not scripture

The way procs work is it tallies up how many total procs per minute you should get from all main hand sources, scales that based on your swing speed and checks once to see if you indeed proc.  If you do it then rolls a weighted average over potential procs to see which fires.

Example, you have max weapon affinity, a CS weapon, an EB aug, Scorpion's Agony poison, and Lynx buff.  You are swinging 60 times per minute (thats a 23 delay weapon with 100% haste + 30% bard overhaste).  The CS should be 3 / min (2 base + 1 from WA), the EB should be 3 / min (2 base + 1 from WA), the poison is 2 / min (base), the Lynx should be 5 / min (1 + 4 from the proc mod, WA doesn't affect buffs) for a total of 13 procs per min.  Each swing therefor has a 13/60 = 21.7% chance to proc something so the system rolls 1-1000 and if its 1-217, you proc.  If you proc, it rolls 1-13, 1-3 you get CS, 4-6 you get EB, 7-8 you get poison, and 9-13 you get Lynx.

Main and off hand are independant.

This is about as close as to how it works as can be explained without dumping the code   While the numbers may not be precisely what you get, they are within the ballpark.

I don't see the use in cluttering my proc queue with something that does minimal damage and mild agro.

Sikkem

Thanks that expalins it niicely  8-)

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox