Main Menu

Aug value question

Started by nlaak_klaarg, January 12, 2010, 06:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nlaak_klaarg

I'm hoping some of you fellow beastlords can answer a question about the value of an aug for me.  A friend and I are talking about what augs we'd like camp for upgrades for the both of us and map out where they go.  He actually has a formula (I believe largely derived from the SK forums) that he uses to show the effectiveness of an aug (a score is computed from AC, H AGI, H DEX and hitpoints).  That's great, but I have in my shoulders right now Shimmering Illsalin Jewelcrafter Stone (Link: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=83895), which is a +10% to dodge.  My question is: how valuable is this?  How much does Dodge matter?  Can anyone make an educated guess about what number AC an aug would have to be to be more effective than the +10% dodge.

Magelo link for me: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1371864, though the AC displayed is a little lower, I've had some new AC augs added and haven't updated the profile.  EQPlayers shows me asa 3897 AC right now, unbuffed.

Thanks for any input.

Nlaak Klaarg
Union of Power
Quellious

Nusa

I don't have a forumula for you, but I use Icy Prism of Avoidance (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=42150), which is +8% dodge and goes in a type 3 aug slot instead of using up a type 7/8 aug slot. That is from the Everfrost LDON merchant. It's a great option if you have now-useless LDON points lying around from days past. Not so great if you came along too late to have done them.

Khauruk

I vary between 4:1 and 5:1 HP:AC, and generally rank hDex = hAgi > AC > Mana > HP.  No formula overall, or scoring.  I would change out for the type3 dodge aug though probably.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

nlaak_klaarg

Ok, Nusa, that is a great idea.  I'll have to go look how many points I have there.  I used to do a ton of LDONs, so chances are I'll have enough points.

Thanks.

trixbro

I just did this recently and even on easy setting you get 105 pts per mission I think it was. I got mission with my 85 bst, 74 brd, and one merc. Dropped merc for mission and really just sucked xp on bard. Kill xx amount missions are easily soloable if anyone needs this.

Karve

Doing the LDoNs to get 760 points took me a few hours one Sunday just before Christmas. You can seriously plow the content in no time to get the points now.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Kanan

Think one of the longest parts of them, even back when, was waiting for them to allow you to get another mission.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

nlaak_klaarg

Thanks for all the comments guys.  I actually have about 4000 points laying around a several of the 5AC augs from LDON sitting the bank (too lazy to sell them back), so I got the aug right away.  Funny enough, a guildy and RL friend of mine wants the aug now, so we're blowing through Miraguls.  Man, I haven't done LDON in ages, it's fun getting back in.  As a side note, found out today after looting a drop from a named that said drop trib's for 28K.  Nice freeby.  So, we'll probably clear the zones out now to get the trib drops.  Or maybe just bring a tracker to look for named, I guess that would be more intelligent, lol.

Khauruk

Does a tracker work?  Their spawns always seemed to be scripted...reach a point, get an emote if it spawns.  But yeah...great tribute from items in there.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Kanan

Track used to work in there.  I remember it being like that too Khauruk.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Khauruk on January 15, 2010, 05:53:08 AM
Does a tracker work?  Their spawns always seemed to be scripted...reach a point, get an emote if it spawns.  But yeah...great tribute from items in there.

Your talking about the rescue missions and the boss kill missions.  Also...These NPC's didn't drop named loot if I remember correctly after a patch.

Mass Kill missions and Collect missions you can track from ZI.  Although during its hey-day, they increased the chances of named spawning deeper into the dungeon out of track range in an attempt to stop people from requesting a mission, entering, hitting track, then leaving if one wasn't present.  But with the new track AA's I think you can track 95% of the dungeons from the ZI.

Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Mazame

AC Vs HP is a question that is not a simple answer. you need to look at what kind of beastlord you want to be and then you can use augs to help focus in on that.

I am a tank type bst so for me AC is greater then all ( I have the 8% dodge type 3 ). max out full buff I have 6059 Ac with this I am able to tank named in T8 with a shamm or a druid healer. T7 UF i can tank named with merc healing me.

on the other hand  when it comes to DPS I am around 3-5k on avg with my high being 8k. if you were to focus on Hstr persay you could get a mix of hp/ac aug but the main focus be the Hstr on them and you could get you DPS higher. we are also spell based for our DPS so you could focus higher on Mana aug over hp or AC and in that way have more mana for the burning of mobs. For me I have about 33k mana but I know others that have 40-50k.

what you need to think about is what is your role as a bst what do you want him to do. then use aug to ether be a jack of all trades and balance them out or focus in on type that will help you better full fill your role.

bobokatt1970

One day I really then need to see just how much dif 6K ac (did not think bsts even went that high), vs my 5Kish AC buffed means.  However it would ONLY be situational during the times I mass kill for LOD and take constant damage from tanking.  Every other circumstance for me, I am DPS in raids and assist/dps in groups.

Heck if you are tanking T8 named with a druid/shaman as your healer I give you props... 3 days ago we could not keep a warrior up (with what I know has close to 6K ac), with a cleric in Cooling chambers... not sure what the F%$% was up with that.

Mazame

Cooling chamber would be 2 different parts  undead there are meaner then mean.

the trick is with bst tanking is simple it more the avoidance then anything else.
when I was in brells temple and or pal tank went down I step up to finnish off the named when we looked at the parse after the fight we had both been healed for about the same amound but the break down was a lot diffrent.  for example mob missed him 9 times. missed me 27 times.  max hit on pal was 8.9k .. max hit on me was 11.7k  and the list go on point being everything adds up and that counts ac ya it dimish return  but if it saves me an extra 200 hp per hit then after taking a few hit it pay for it self but cause unlike HP that you need a heal to bring it back the ac keep taking off the damage and if you can live long enuff to the next heal thats all that counts in the end.

thor

Quote from: Mazame on January 19, 2010, 05:34:25 AM
Cooling chamber would be 2 different parts  undead there are meaner then mean.

the trick is with bst tanking is simple it more the avoidance then anything else.
when I was in brells temple and or pal tank went down I step up to finnish off the named when we looked at the parse after the fight we had both been healed for about the same amound but the break down was a lot diffrent.  for example mob missed him 9 times. missed me 27 times.  max hit on pal was 8.9k .. max hit on me was 11.7k  and the list go on point being everything adds up and that counts ac ya it dimish return  but if it saves me an extra 200 hp per hit then after taking a few hit it pay for it self but cause unlike HP that you need a heal to bring it back the ac keep taking off the damage and if you can live long enuff to the next heal thats all that counts in the end.

That was just a lucky RNG for you with shield block a Paladin will have more avoidance then you there defensive skill is higher so the only thing we as beast have to make up for it is block and shield block for knights more then over comes that.