Main Menu

Aug value question

Started by nlaak_klaarg, January 12, 2010, 06:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hzath

Quote from: thor on January 19, 2010, 02:40:31 PM

That was just a lucky RNG for you with shield block a Paladin will have more avoidance then you

That doesn't sound right
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Kanan

the problem we've always had is that our damage incoming tends to run so much spikier than a real tank.  They get more benefit per point of AC.  So they'll get the results you showed there, of lower DI.  Purty much everyone nowadays sits at the 35% shielding

I may be misremembering, but I want to say they get more benefit per rank of the main defensive AAs than we do.  That may well be off base tho.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Camikazi

Quote from: Kanan on January 20, 2010, 04:42:06 PM
the problem we've always had is that our damage incoming tends to run so much spikier than a real tank.  They get more benefit per point of AC.  So they'll get the results you showed there, of lower DI.  Purty much everyone nowadays sits at the 35% shielding

I may be misremembering, but I want to say they get more benefit per rank of the main defensive AAs than we do.  That may well be off base tho.

That is yes and no, the CA and CS AAs are just % increase to avoidance and the AC softcap, so everyone gets the same % boost, but since tanks have higher softcaps to begin with they do get more of a total increase in their softcap then us.