Main Menu

Aug placing

Started by holrwarder, January 20, 2010, 12:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holrwarder

I am curious.... I want to move some of my augs around, get rid of some and find some new ones. Im going with mostly AC augs where I can ( I do sometimes end up tanking ). But I need to know if it matters where you place you augs to get ful benefit of them.

A friend told me, that on his wizard AC augs get the best result in the shield or chest. He went on to say that it varies for each class as to where certain augs should be placed.

Im about 3700ac buffed, and I know I can do better. I dont have a magelo up at the moment, but i will when I get a chance to do so.

If someone was inclined ( and I know the answer is here somewhere on the forums, but I cant find it) can someone tell me how ac is figured for us beasts. I used to think it was just putting augs whereever they fit, but Im finding out theres more to it than that. I want to do it right so i get the best results.

Thankyou

He who lives by the sword, shall die by the sword, bringing oceans of tears in laughter

Inphared

The only time that an AC aug gives you more benefit than normal is inside a shield. It doesn't matter where you put them outside of that slot.

I'm sure some bigger guru will be able to tell you the mathematical formula for how much more beneficial an AC aug in a shield is.

Khauruk

You want the highest AC aug you can fit there in a shield typically, since shield AC is not subject to post-softcap calculations (for a wiz it's worth 6x as much as in any other slot.  4x for bst iirc).  The item must be tagged shield, and not just secondary only to get the benefit.  The second place you want a large AC aug is in your boots.  Higher AC leads to higher damage kicks (some benefit, but certainly won't be huge).

Your friend is an idiot when they talk about chest slot and AC though.  Shield and boots only.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Orbus1

If not mistaken, AC in boots increases damage every 30 points so you would see a kick damage increase at 30-60-90-120-150 and so on. I don't think I have ever seen an actual amount it increases the damage though, but other than that ditto what was said before shield and boots and after that it doesn't matter.

Wolfcaller

Quote from: Orbus1 on January 24, 2010, 01:43:31 PM
If not mistaken, AC in boots increases damage every 30 points so you would see a kick damage increase at 30-60-90-120-150 and so on. I don't think I have ever seen an actual amount it increases the damage though, but other than that ditto what was said before shield and boots and after that it doesn't matter.

I'm pretty sure the interval is 40, instead of 30.  I'm too lazy to look up the old posts tho :P

Kanan

30's what I remember from last time we looked into it.  Reason I've got that 30 ac aug on my boots, to bump it to the next level.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar