Main Menu

Down a Dark Path I Wander - by Wolfkitty

Started by mac173, January 02, 2004, 02:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac173

"Down a long dark path I wander, beset on all sides by enemies, pain, and Darkness am I. Troubled by loss of faith in myself and my actions I faulter. "Give in now, for how shall you prevail against me!" cries both the Darkness that dwells inside me and that which surrounds me. And then when I feel that I have moved past all hope a light shines down appon me from above. It is not the light of a God known or unknown, for it is a light far brighter then any diety has ever held. That light reflects off all around me, it warms me and shows me that while I have made mistakes, I have also done deeds of Light. It warms me and fills me with support and a strength to beat back any Darkness.

It is the light of the love, friendship and trust of those that I have helped along this very same path. The favor that I have spent on others returned to me in a dire time of need. Is it enought to throw back the darkness in itself? No, for no light alone can do such a thing. But it is the power that gives me the strength to go past all bounds. The Light that lets me see the deeds I have done with a clear eye. To recognize my actions for what they are, be they Light or Dark. It is the strength to do whatever is needed.

While down this dark path I wander I know that worse will face me. I know that Darker places lay in front of me. I accept that there will alway be things to Dark for my own Light to shine through. But I fear none of these things now more then is right. For just as I have shown my Light to others I know that others will shine theirs on me.

So to my fellows on this dark path I say, "Yell out, Cry out, Scream out. For as you are my brothers and sisters I shall know you. And with your cries I shall shine like the Light of a thousand thousand suns."