Main Menu

Multiboxing made spacious for those with $$$ to spare..

Started by DiosT, January 31, 2004, 11:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiosT

Yes yes, tired of those nasty bulky 24"x8"x24" cases that end up taking all your floor space?

How about fitting 2, or even 2 computers, into a 1-foot cube!!!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/handhelds/5d5b/

that thing is a fully functional(minus monitor) quality computer that can run EQ probably better than a laptop could--only problem being shared memory for the video card.. but hard drive read/write times would be higher I believe ;-)

that thing is SMALL, could make a little 1'x1'x1' cube outta wood, put 2-3 of em in there, and run 3 extra boxes without taking up like.. any space!

Combined that with a KVM switch, and you got like... a 3-5 computer setup (including 1-2 boxes you already have), with like, no space issues form adding 3-4 computer cases to your floorspace...

dang, i need to get a job this summer so i can buy one of those puppies :-P

Jaeren

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

DiosT

lol, I wish, no job til the summer..

Want to buy 4 of these, stack them/set them up under a wooden U-frame, put the monitor on the frame, and use a KVM switch to switch between some of em (that I dont use mainly)... would be lots of fun :-P

heck, the entire computer setup would take like a 2'x1'x1' spot on my desk (2' being the LCD monitor on top of the frame)... then a bit more space for 'primary' computer monitors & keyboards.. but definatly would free up an entire table for my setup!

Bulge

That looks great! My room is becoming a mess, also because I tend to buy different casings all the time. Ah, too expensive though to replace them all, but if I ever win the lottery then I know where to spend my money. I had been eyeing server racks already but those are still bulky. This is indeed very small.  

I wonder if there are overheating issues?  Big air inlet to the side though so maybe not.
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.

Xenergy

Just so you all know, Shuttle makes much nice ones, although they might cost you a tad bit more, you'd get more freedom in upgradeing it.
Xenergy SleepyTroll Troll Beastlord
Xieroth MagicDragon Iksar ShadowKnight
QuoteI am guessing that the people who control the black helicopters have something more sinister in mind than releasing expansions to counter other games being released.

Xenergy

Something about "checking the litter box" to see your magelo bothers me.
Xenergy SleepyTroll Troll Beastlord
Xieroth MagicDragon Iksar ShadowKnight
QuoteI am guessing that the people who control the black helicopters have something more sinister in mind than releasing expansions to counter other games being released.