Main Menu

The meaning of Irony

Started by Vecsus, February 01, 2004, 07:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vecsus

Since the other thread was locked before i could get to it I have to start a new one to have my fair say.  The reason I said that it was ironic for EQBeserker to have a link to MySuperSales was that the operators of this board, who so dramatically vilified the sale of EqBeastlord.com to the Yantis empire, were among the first to promote the EQBeserker.com site when it first started.   EQBeserker's subsequent linking to the same empire that owns Yantis is where the irony comes in.   I guess most of you listened to Alanis Morrissette too much and have no clue what ironic means.   :roll:

And for christs sake pull the sticks out of your collective asses and lighten up.  if we can't laugh at little things like this then it's time to stop playing the game.    Trying to deny that there are two beastlord sites if like trying to deny your own ears.  They both exist just fine together.  Both accomplish their desired function without interference from their twin.  In fact, having two ears helps determine direction and clarity of sound.  Ever listen to just one headphone?  You miss a lot of the music.  having two sites can be a good thing but people keep trying to make it a point of constant contention.  Maybe old Vincent was on to something when he cut one of his ears off....   :wink:

Mods can lock this as soon as they see it to match the thread it belongs to.   8)
Vecsus Strangiato <Enlightened Dark>
Feral Lord
Tarew Marr
MY MAGELO!

Whiptail_Warclaw

I don't know about irony, but I know stupidity when I see it.

One thread is locked, why not start another one on the same subject. Yes a very stupid thing to do.
As for there being two boards, well great. I've said it before in other posts. I visit this board. If other want to visit both or stay at the other, more power to them, because I honestly couldn't care less.

Vecsus, it seems to me you keep posting here at ORG, to just stir up trouble. Either contribute or leave please.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Jaeren

You replied in the other thread, one of the very first, in fact *THE* first reply to it.

The site that has the ads is not this one. Please stop referring to it as ours. Queeg runs that one and may not have realized that the google ads are showing Yantis stuff. Or maybe he's letting it go, that's his choice. It's his site.

No reason for it to be beat around here by you or anyone else Vecsus. if you simply MUST stir up more stuff, go to the proper place for it, the berserker board where it may or may not be tolerated as well as it has been here.

And once more in case you've missed it Vecsus, you are welcome here as long as you contribute positively. So far, you haven't shown any change, you just seem to try and think negative abotu everything while bashing anyone else that does the same.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)