Main Menu

Beast GoD Spells

Started by Changra, February 04, 2004, 11:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Changra

Well I've finally done it, kicked the EQ habit for good. As a parting gift to other beasties out there I decided to bend my NDA for GoD beta a bit and describe a few of the beast spells coming up. Forgive me if this info is already widely known, a quick browse of the boards revealed nothing on the subject, and I admit I'm out of touch with EQ news on other sites of late. This info could possibly be outdated too of course due to possible changes.

Group IoS - About time, should have been added in LDoN imo. Single target buffing a group with no shammy around for focus is a PITA.

2 new cold nukes, one is normal spell, the other is an ancient. Both in the 800ish range, ancient having lower mana cost and slightly increased damage. Got an 1800ish crit with a DD focus with the ancient ;)

Ancient SV - Significant boost over normal SV in atk and hp, sorry can't recall exact amounts. (Been 2 weeks since I've played, and 3 since I was on beta)

New DoT - Honestly cannot remember if it was disease or poison, 200ish a tick, same duration as Scorp Venom. Around same mana cost as Scorp Venom, again cannot recall exact amount.

There was 1 or 2 other spells, must have been minor ones because I cannot remember what they were.

No new pet buffs at the time I was testing, some spells listed on allas were also not in, supposedly all spells were up as well. Like the mysterious lvl 65 55% slow, not there. No ancient IoS, and there was a rumour going around about a self only ferocity type spell, wasn't there.

I'd say if you need a reason to buy this expansion, it would be the spells alone, will be nice that beasties arn't being shafted on spells yet again.

Changra Fatalis
Retired Feral Lord
Elder Changra Fatalis
Feral Lord
Karana Server
Scales>All
My Crap Gear

DiosT

Would help if you looked and posted in the right forum...

Self-only ferocity rumor was because of an AA, which we've discussed for a month now..

Slows disappeared because, as you should know being a beta tester, nothign is final.

We have discussions on all this already, so no reason for another post about it.

Locking the thread, PM me if anyone has a problem with this, but i'm fairly certain we have discussions on all the GoD stuff goign already