Main Menu

2 boxing - 65 beast, 64 cleric - where?

Started by Lizsolo, February 05, 2004, 07:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizsolo

My 64 cleric is now on a seperate account, so I can actually finally 2-box my old main and my new main!   :D

Problem is... where?  Basically, want to grind AA for the beast and try and get the cleric closer to 65.  I'm pretty rough-around-the-edges 2-boxing, so ideally need to come up with a place relatively easy to get to, but not overly crowded...   I've done 'some' 2-boxing in the past with friends' accounts, so I'm hip to setting up hotkeys and such - just need practice to be smoother and really don't want to get anyone else killed.

Perhaps The Deep?  Trying to remember if the entry mobs are DB there.  Zone Out 2 in PoN is another place I might try (assuming the cleric can /follow without lagging down).

Most likely will do this with a copied EQ directory on one machine and EQ Windows (solely to keep gamma).  My main machine can actually 3 box if necessary, so has the oomph and avoids odd contortions reaching over to another machine on the same desk   :roll:

So, back to the main question:  I'm looking for ideas of where these two could go to grind exp and AA but not be a major hindrance to others (remember, 2- box newb) while getting the hang of it all.
Lizsolo - Barbie Beastlord and her dog Poochie
Rodcet Nife

Zoban

Start in somewhere like Veksar .. worst case sceneio is the cleric has to invis undead ya for a CR ..

Decent exp not bot but decent and is easy to progress your way through, with decent farmable items.

Mortan

I'd work your way up. PoD flies is a good starting point...light blue but hit hard enough that you can't just zone out on them. Good place to get started till you the the hang of it all. Then move up to either PoD CC or PoN Nightstalkers. Both real easy to pull solo, expecally with cleric pacify. If you can master nightstalkers, then at that point your only limited by the gear you have. Every other camp will pretty much fall into the same pattern as either one of thoes, so it should be easy to adapt from there.

Kashmiir Battlekat

Plane of Nightmares.
Just grab a tree, spider or bird. The AA XP is not 'terrible' and it will get you use to things.

them's is my 2 cents.

Kyrran

I'd opt for Droga. Relatively easy CR, with all the safe spots on the way down and the lack of see invis mobs, and the xp, loot and quests are worth more than a second glance.
- Kyrran
Feral Lord of Mithril Web
Lanys

Sempai

When learning to 2 box, something I did recently, I started at a camp that I knew I could solo and practiced. I had a druid, but it was just there for heals at first so the comparison is similar.

For me, I started in PoN near the hedge. This is an easy spot for me to solo and it has a zone out close by in case it got really ugly. With my second account, I was able to simply pull faster as my beastlord did not have to heal himself and I let the druid do it. Granted, the 2 box experience was slow, but this let me practice while still getting some experience. From there, I just started going to tougher and tougher spots as I got more comfortable doing it.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Lizsolo

Thanks all for the ideas and suggestions.  I spent some time in PoN near the hedge and had a great time.  Even intentionally started pulling multiples to see how I could handle it.   :lol:  

Now to find some places with better exp (or at least loot!).    AA exp wasn't terrible at least.  Y'all have me intrigued by wandering through Droga or Veksar, may have to try them next.
Lizsolo - Barbie Beastlord and her dog Poochie
Rodcet Nife

Tiggre

At 65 with the 65% slow you can take 2 mobs with just your buffs on yourself and the pet, in PoN.  Put one pet on one mob and yourself on the other (spread them out), and then stand there not swinging at your mob till your pet is done.  I would suggest doing some damage to each.

I thought I'd get my arse handed to me when I pulled 2 but found that if I don't swing I take much less damage.  That allows the pet time to kill his while you hold the other.  Then you heal pet, back off, and let the pet take the second.  Sit down and med/regen.

Point being, you don't need to the 64 cleric to kill mobs in PoN, so I would suggest you go elsewhere.  I would suggest you try something more challenging such as the outer cave in PoV or duo in BoT in a corner some where.  Of course, you'll want the 65 slow.  Just buff yourself and the pet fully and if you get a 2nd mob just tank one while pet tanks the other and just cheal both yourself and the pet as you would any other player.  Would suggest you get Kei also.

Although the trains can be challenging you can find spots in BoT where you won't get trained unless someone tries to do so intentionally.

I would not suggest PoS.  The mobs in those zones are much more dangerous and the exp isn't as good.
Tiggre, 70 Beastlord
Rourke, 66 Exarch Cleric
Metaphisto, 66 Hunter Ranger
Thryll, 62 Necromancer
Loga, 61 Bard
Caution, 57 Wizard
Plissken, 53 Monk
Rhose, 53 Warrior

Sempai

As I stated in my post, the purpose of the hedge is to practice 2 boxing. It is not a good 2 box grinding spot for anyone in my opinion that has a 65/64 combo.

Depending upon gear, there are many places you can go for good exp.

It is not as exciting as most, but Droga is still pretty tough to beat for a good 2 box spot. This is where I spent my time before I was ready to tackle things like multiple giant pulls in BoT.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

zaab

I four-box (65 bl main, 65 cleric, 65 chanter for buffs, 63 druid) and 4 mornings a week I take the cleric and bl over to PoI ZI.  Stick the cleric on her mount and the beast gets 1AA every 2 hours (not grouped)  Plus, gets about 800P in vendor loot, and extra 1% AA per some items turned into the gnome outside the zone.  Plus generaly get a complete set of needed PoI drops for the gate neck.  Only need to reach over once every 2 or 3 mobs and hit the HoT key on cleric.

Wyxx

I'm VT geared and 2 box a 60 druid in the courtyard in BoT doing Stormriders.  I would suggest trying there.

Wyxx
65 Beastlord
Test

Tastian

Stormriders are ok, but depends how fast you kill them.  At 65 duo it's 3% AA per kill.  They are clerics and warriors.  Clerics will CH a few times if you don't stop them.  They hit ~555 a shot max regardless of class.  Drop various diamonds, stormrider blood/skin, eth/spec parchments and a few other vender items.  Very easy to get singles just don't aggro the watchers unless you want to fight them.

Toofless

Cazic Thule zone in and CY. Easy to break in with cleric using wake of tranq. Can clear 10 mobs in one celerity cast. Weapons that drop sell to vendor for 19pp and change, Bazaar the blood. You get 1% AA each per kill, not the fastest but easy 2 box AA.
Toofless Olhag
65 Female Troll Feral Lord
Drinal

and
Meddac DoYouHaveInsurance
65 Dwarven Cleric

Tastian

If talking about CT can also go for sewers.  Can do boots of flowing slime camp + mosquito earring.  The drop on boots is crazy rare compared to what I remember it being.  Exp isn't the greatest in CT, but there is a fair amount of loot to be had.  Doing things like droga works as well.  Can name hop if you have SM and with bst+clr you can do just about everything.

malkor wolfestorm

I have a 65 cleric that I played in bot DS with from 62 on.   Stuck myself in the corner and pulled away.  Its easy to clear I never at all got an add.  

Once you feel comfy 2-boxing there and you see any dps shouting for groups send them a tell.   We have owned that place all day at times and its nice aa also.