Main Menu

New BST Spell

Started by Laba, February 11, 2004, 07:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hrann

I got some page from a mob that looked like a Spectral Parchment and it was no drop.  I wonder if it is used for these.

Laba

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=26054

Yay First spell listed of new expansion is a BST spell  :lol: .
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Reaking

Not a real surprise a member of one of the top raiding guilds on Innooruuk has one of the new GoD spells.  More than liklely another item from EQ that the casual playerr will never see.  If Laba has to go on a raid with LoD, and SR just to get this one, lol.  THe casual bst will NEVER see it, thanks EQ good planning, at least I dont have to be uber to get the new aas I want.
[65 Feral Lord] Reaking (Troll)
Innoruuk
Formerly Yanks Annaed
57th Champion

Laba

Can't say too much but i don't think its out of the grasp of a casual player to get.
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

yaoguai

how do the instanced zones work? ic an't seem to find any information to do this....

Jkal_Shihar

Problem i see atm though is even though the spells really arent the greatest. im one that likes having a full spell book :)

but with em being no drop and stuff, i dont think i can convince enough guildees or friends to go spell farming for me. i dont mind doing LDoN and saving up pts for em. or turning spec's, runes etc.

but to hunt down mobs and pray yours drops cause its no drop just to me IMHO plainly sucks.

ok done venting now  :roll:
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

yaoguai

yea that does, it's hard to find time to do them with the right people too, i mainly play with a group of friends, we have gone to the first instanced zone twice so far, we got a fatti caster earring off some random trash, second time we went we dropped the boss at the end but most of us died (including our rezzer boo) so only one of us got flagged and he didn't drop anything.  I heard that the boss or the named (pack leader?) who is in the other direction of the boss have dropped spells before though.  i have no EP gear either (magelo on sig) so worry not i believe casual gamer can still do it =)

Vecsus

here we go again.  the "casual" players are already crying about never being able to get the new spells.  The expansion has been out 6 days.  You want everything dumped into your inventory when you log in?  There are quest for the new spells and there are drops.  Single groups can form up and do the trials one at a time (some of the bosses drop spells) or the big guilds can do a hard raid and get the flags.  I am in one of the top raiding guilds in EQ and I have none of the spells yet.  Hell, only 2 or 3 people in my guild have gotten any.  So stop crying the eternal lament of the casual gamer.  

Besides (this may come as a shock to sit back and read slowly) who says the casual even deserves to get all the same things a hardcore gamer does?  Hardcore players play more, take more risks, deal with more hassle and work harder than the casual players (by work harder I mean work towards that end goal.)  Hardcore gamers often sacrifice much of their RL in order to get those items and kill those mobs that the casual folks always want but never dedicate themselves to go for.   If any player can just walk up and buy the new content then where is the payoff for the hardcore player?   Call me an elitist if wish.  I just get annoyed when people start crying for equality among all levels of gamer.  You want equality, do the same things we do and you will get the same items we do.  Rise up a level, don't pull things down a level.

I'll get off my soapbox now since my faction among the board just dropped enough to make me agro    :twisted:
Vecsus Strangiato <Enlightened Dark>
Feral Lord
Tarew Marr
MY MAGELO!

Mahes

If Elitist = Hardcore, sign me up.   :P

I agree 100%.  People want things like max FT, sitting at the attk cap with 7k unbuffed hps.  You don't get those things for free.  At least not for another expansion or two, hehe.

More to the point, the casual gamer does not need those things.  Anyone that raids endgame knows that when an expansion comes out, the endgame zone is near impossible, but as you progress through that expansion's AAs, gear, and spells, the endgame becomes doable.  The gear we have is necesaary for our guilds to advance, as are the AAs and spells.

Now I will be more than happy, and people on my server should be able to attest to it, to give away info on where to get spells and drops, or to give away spells and hand-me down gear.  But I won't have sympathy for those that think playing 2 hours a night 3-4 nights a week entitles them to the same level of gear, spells, and access that I have for the time I've put in.  It's a risk vs. reward game, and there's no risk in exp'n in PoV every night.  There's also not much reward for slamming your head against new content before the spoilers are posted, but it's what some of us like to do.

Anyways...no point to that, other than to agree with Vescus (I never thought I'd do that  :twisted: ) and to say that I will be happy to provide any info I can on how to get these spells once I learn, as well as info on how to get past the early stages of the game.  The rest, you gotta find out like we do.

/hugs (Coprolith tm)

Mahes

Also, and I made a seperate post because this part isn't a rant  :P , remember that the Expeditions are instanced but the new tool allows you to add and remove people at will barring a restriction or something based on how far in you are.

So, at least in the first 4 trials, if a spell drops for your friends or guildies and you're not there, it shouldn't really be a problem to get you into the zone to loot.  Hopefully, as long as people are considerate, getting some spells won't be such a hassle.

Personally, no one in my Time-level guild has a GoD spell yet.  But it's only been 6 days...no biggy.  We didn't get runes for a few months in PoP and we're still alive and kicking.  :wink:

mrowrr

QuoteOther class boards are reporting spells dropping in the instanced sewers off level 65 mobs

Most definately the case in the sewer expeditions off of burundi(sp)

Also the run to this zone is not pretty, out of a 6 person group we lost 3 from invis's dropping.  Best I can describe the run to the safe are of burundi is sort of like running a guantlet in Vex Thal where mobs cant see invis but where mob density is so thick it will make you pray your invis lasts before you run out into the main courtyard.

I got the new frost spell off the named at the end, the named was a triggered event. The mob we fought was an unslowable bug that you kept getting a message that it was coming through the sewer pipes every mob that you killed  ended up triggering this message.  The mob was unslowable, Flurried, low hp's but required myself and cleric maintaining a chain on the MA to keep him alive.  The mobs that you kill to trigger, AE rampage for about 900pts and do it enough to be annoying.  Clerics must have group heals going all the time, and the cleric share health probably comes in handy here more than you know.

I'd tell you guys how to do that expedition but some of the fun is actually figuring out who to talk to where and how to spawn what.  Suffice it to say someone invises, finds the expedition questers in the zone and then initiates the expedition, you go to a temple where a sewere grate is and drop in.

If you aren't used to doing LDON hard adventures this will not be for the casual player, I warn you now.

There is a zone in and out at the entrances but suffice it to say you either gotta port out, fight out to leave.  Or you could leave a successful expedition by quitting out of it and you will get expelled from the zone in about a minute.

Oh yah I'll warn you again, if you don't play hard adventures this will most definately be an eye opener for you.  Mobs were hitting in excess of 1100hps and rampaging.

Oh another thing go and buy and use hobble on these expeditions, these mobs do run, run fast, pathing is horrendous and even rangers and druids have issues snaring these mobs.  Our pet seems to not have such issues using hobble.
Mrowrr Puur
70 Beastlord
http://www.dwarecmercs.com">Dwarec Mercs
Terris Thule
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118261">Mrowrr's Bling Bling!

mrowrr

QuoteCan't say too much but i don't think its out of the grasp of a casual player to get.

Totally not out of the question but I don't think your casual player experiences mobs hitting for 1k nor has access to guilds with players who have experience fighting and grouping mobs this hard.  Since I've only seen spells drop off the end zone nameds of the instanced zones I don't know how you'd get a chance at spells unless you were in a solid group.

I think if you are a casual player you should hang out in burundi, ooc for groups and try and get into one doing flagging for the sewers.

It is definately cool that you can drop people and add them as these are not timed adventures like were used to.  So not totally out of the question for someone to leave a group and a beast to join to grab a spell.  Just if it's end zone dropping then someone will need to invis, run and hope not to hit mobs that have respawned and see invis.
Mrowrr Puur
70 Beastlord
http://www.dwarecmercs.com">Dwarec Mercs
Terris Thule
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118261">Mrowrr's Bling Bling!

Mahes

Holy cow...that reminded me of something regarding hobble.

Never before did I think I would be happy for purchasing such a worthless AA.  Now, witgh GoD, that AA is gold.

If you've tried soloing the lurches in Riwwi yet, you know what I mean.  Mob can be 150ft away and about half a second after slow lands, he's on top of you.  They have some insane speed.  I've been soloing a lot here and in Barindu for a quest and Hobble has saved my tail soooo many times.  It's also been very handy when our snarer in the expeditions is LD or we don't have one.

Biggest tip I can give people wanting to solo in GoD is to get Hobble and to pull mobs with annul.  Brutes also have some crazy spell that has a zero cast time...I guess it's actually a disc, but it gives them a very large mitigation and a large damage shield. THey seem to activate it once you get them down to around 20%.  I haven't found out if it can be dispelled or not, but if it's a disc, I'm assuming no.

Hrann

I am a casual player - I expect to have everything that you hardcore guys have, just about 4 years later ;)  I'm already uber for a kunark era person, so I'm right on track :)

And I tried the instanced sewers in Barindu, for your casual player's perspective:
My group was
Cleric
Enchanter
Shaman
Warrior
Mage
Beastlord (me)

We are all high end bazaar geared / small raid stuff - nothing VT or Elemental level.  All 100AA+.  All very good players imo.  We were a good example of a good casual group.

Mobs hit us for about 1300.  Killing one at a time was fairly straightforward, as long as people watch their aggro.  Two at a time was ok, but dangerous - chanter needs to mez.  Three at a time is death.

No one in the group could tank for more than a few seconds except for the warrior.  I could barely tank one if the cleric spammed HoTs on me and also used CH.

We tried three times, and each time we made it a little further in.  The last time we went the wrong way, but we made it through pretty much the whole dungeon.  So I'm sure this is doable, although I'm a little worried about the end mobs.  I am certain that given time we will complete this instance; I'm not sure what the next one will be like.

Basically you need to make no mistakes and stay on your toes.  The nice thing about this is that the xp is at least decent.  The bad thing is that we didn't get any loot worth mentioning for this extreme risk.

katahn

I am not aware of any raid-only means of progression and rewards for raiders only in GoD.  So therefore in my estimation a casual player can and will be able to access that content without facing such impossible-to-get-around roadblocks as needing to kill RZTW to see the Temple of Solusek Ro for instance, or Emperor Ssra to see Vex Thal.

I do though, agree that if you and your friends can't routinely handle LDoN hards at level 65, then don't even bother.  Get geared up in PoP, or in LDoN, and make sure you have a healthy number of AA, and you will be fine as long as you and the people you are with know how to play and know how to work together.
Zarros Livinglight, 65 high elven arcon
Zanros Farwanderer, 65 iksar feral lord
-= Saryrn Server, Avante Guarde guild =-