Main Menu

Vah Shir Beastlord Guide

Started by Hereki, January 02, 2004, 06:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereki

I first wrote this a while ago, but have kept it updated.  Started a new beastlord since then, and I've been getting plenty of positive feedback on it.  If anyone has any comments, of any nature, please add them here (or drop me an email).

Vah Shir Beastlord Guide

Merescata

Nice guide.  I have seen it quite awhile back, but have visited a few times since then.   In the spirit of the 'great move', I'd encourage you to change the reference to this site instead of the 'eqbeastlords' site.  

Meres
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Hereki

Good point.

It is also about time that I updated it into the 60s; I think I'd be comfortable bringing it forward to 62 for now.  I'm still considering what I know abou 63-65 and the deeper levels of AAs, raiding, etc.

Hereki

OK, I've made a small update (actually, a massive one, but not to content as yet).

It is now running from a content engine, which means that you have the ability to make comments directly on any section of the guide.

Go ahead, go here, read it through, and tell me what it needs to make it better.

Tommba

That's a pretty detailed guide Hereki, also well put together...Good job!!
Baron http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=888523">Tommba Braderick <http://www.dieringtraeger.de">Die Ringtraeger>
64th Season Savage Lord
Vallon Zek

Tigrah

very impressive guide, wish I'd known about it when I first started... but then again, I may have turned out too dependent on guides to be as gutsy and independant as I am now lol... anyway, awesome guide, hope many more vah shir bst's are able to read it.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

maxawesome

Good guide overall. However, this section needs to be redressed now that the new AA rules are in effect:

When to AA

It is always possible to stop and find a good experience spot to accumulate AAs; however, it is always faster to get AAs at higher levels. The difference isn't great between getting an AA in 5-8 hours at 51, 4-6 at 55, or 3 at 58 (although I don't know where I can get them this fast at 58). But in tier 2 and higher groups, 0.5 - 2 hours is achievable. So level > AAs, to this extent. However, to function efficiently in tier 2+, a good set of AAs may be thought of as a requirement. AAs may also be required at a lower level if you are keen on raiding - but all the raid appropriate AAs are class or higher (paragon, MGB, pet hold), so this only applies from 59 upwards. If an AA is worth getting, it will improve your ability to gain experience faster; and so collecting a few AAs at a relatively low level might make achieving your goal (65+200 AAs, or whatever) faster to attain. At some points, the extra spells or abilities you get from one extra level may make getting AAs at the same spot faster: getting Chloroplast at 55, or Greater Healing at 57, or a new pet, for example.

Still somewhat true, but I can tell you that at 70, with 150ish aa and req level 68+ gear, I aaxp only marginally faster than I did at 65 with req level 55+ gear and 50ish aa, due in no small part to the exponential curve that defines the difficulty of creatures as levels increase. A 65 killing a 60 for aaxp will be a great deal easier than a 70 killing a 65 for aaxp, even assuming an improvement in gear and some aa gain due to mob DPS increase, HP increase, and the marginal gains BST see in DPS during these levels (I'm speaking for casual players here).

-Iidun

Nusa

Heh. Tigrah bumped a post that was over two years old. The guide is bound to be a tad dated by now.

maxawesome

Quote from: Nusa on September 28, 2006, 11:34:40 AM
Heh. Tigrah bumped a post that was over two years old. The guide is bound to be a tad dated by now.

Damn you Tigrah!!!!! ><

Thread necro....

Tigrah

Hereki

Quote from: Nusa on September 28, 2006, 11:34:40 AM
Shows that you never visited it.  I kept the guide updated, as I said earlier in this thread, although I did fall a little behind in my extended vacation from EQ.

I have recently reviewed the entire thing, and it bears up pretty well, given that it is aimed strictly at 1-65, non-PLed.  I have a couple of new sections that I will add in, covering starting in the new version of the tutorial, and Crescent Reach.

Thanks also for the comments; I have revised the AA section a little.  I will update it some more once I have some better information about gaining AAs at low levels; even the mage board only started to do this in October '06.

Anyway, this is just to prove that bumping a five month old thread can still be valid :-).

Tigrah

so I'm not such a bad kitty afterall? :D

BadboFV

This thread SHOULD be bumped once in a while... possibly even stickied.  The guide was the best information I found when I was just starting out in the game - it was a huge help.  And the fact that it's being kept up to date is fantastic.  Thanks, Hereki!

Inphared

There's no need for this thread to be bumped at all since it's a Sticky.

BadboFV

Well see, there you go.  There is wisdom on these forums.