Main Menu

How dumb is this idea?

Started by Taiglin, February 13, 2004, 10:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiglin

Am thinking about a Berserker and Bst as a duo group for something different then my Bst \ Dru combo. Granted I still have a Bst in there. The thought process would be to mainly drive the Zerk with the Bst sending in the pet, slowing, healing (reduce downtime mostly I would guess), buffs, and melee. Am wondering how ineffective this will become at higher lvls. Don't have the time to go into my thought process now but would be interested in other's thoughts, esp those who might have run a more melee heavy duo like this.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Kashmiir Battlekat

My personal opinion on this is the following:

If I were making a second melee to play with my Beastlord I dont think i would make a Berserker. There is just not enough utility there.

I would think more along the lines of Monk (for simple raw DPS) or Ranger for DPS and Utility Spells.

A Berserker, as far as I can tell, wouldnt really bring much to the table for you.

Just my thoughts :)

Dakat

Agree

The Bez is a leather class, so they not going to tank very well either.

Jaeren

Your biggest problem would be lack of heals, the bst just wont cut it as a player healer, pet healer yes. but then your ber is useless cept for throwing ;)

The Ber does bring two things to the table, snare & stun. Both could be useful since we don't have either (cept stun through pet proc).

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Tastian

It really depends what you are doing.  I mean I solo in BoT.  I can add a warrior as a second box and it'll add dps if I just keep tanking.  If warrior tanks then in theory it'd be less long as his mitigation is good.  I mean if I can keep myself alive as a leather class once a mob is slowed how exactly would I have issue keeping a plate tank class alive after slow?  Also it depends where you hunt.  There are certain spots to hunt and exp later on that I don't even heal myself at all.  Some spots I don't even cast regrowth.  In those cases the berserker is dps and works great too.  

The main problems will be
1)  It's another melee.  Boxing a melee is a lot more difficult then just hitting a macro to send pet/nuke
2)  Bigger game.  With an actual druid/shm/clr type of partner you could do a lot of bigger stuff later on and they'd great improve your downtime.  

If you are looking for absolute best combo then no zerker isn't the way to go.  However, if you just want to have fun, try the new class and boost your dps then yeah zerker can work, but it'd be a bit more work than a mage/nec/etc.

Taiglin

Some good points and yes, knew healing would be an issue. I guess in some ways I am sorta tired of the ol tag a mob and bring it back to where the bot is parked. The last 10 or 15 lvls I have fought in some places where the mobs were spaced far apart enough where I wished I could just fight them where they were. Dragging a bot around to do that though is a pain. With the insta cast snare from the Ber as well as increased DPS on top of the mob being slowed by a Bst bot I thought it might be managable - sorta like a reverse bot to a totally solo Bst mindset (though there is more pet clericing for them). Idealy of course you would have a fungi stick for 15pt regen after lvl 35 as both classes can use. Would be a situational group though as pointed out.

I guess I could just put the Ber on the same account as Taiglin and use the Druid in a stright buff / heal capacity. Not much fun in that though LOL.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]