Main Menu

Another New Spell

Started by Laba, February 15, 2004, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laba

Check it out got another spell from Nihilia Sewers  :wink: . http://www.geocities.com/bravepeach2000/Hotdog.html
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

kurlin

Wildcaller Kurlin <Forged Souls> 69 Feral Lord of The 7th Hammer

Bearne

Very cool.  I have to say that I was hoping for another Disease DoT so that we could have something worthwhile to stack with Plague on Poison Resist mobs, but I will *never* say "No" to more damage.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=492828">http://www.darke.net/journalpix/sigs/bearnefrost.jpg">
Feral Lord of http://p202.ezboard.com/bmithrilweb" target="_blank">Mithril Web - Lanys T'Vyl

Lorathir

I'm imagining the agro generated by that... 8)

Sempai

I have this spell, and posted the details in the spell section.

Drops in Ferubi off of a named for us. Yellow con mob.

Oh, and the aggro is massive.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Konji

I was very excited i got a GoD rune and then i get Group IOS, woopie!
another spell for back of my book  :(

Felpaw

group IoS would be ok if we would get group Kragge too.

Felpaw

Ghoat

Hehe yeahm group Kragg would be MUCH better for me personally.  For any EP + type bsts group IoS is kinda useless, because it's typically the hps a group needs more than the stats -  but it's a good spell for a lot of beastlords and will have some uses.

I got in a HUGE debate/rant/flame post over this a few months back, and I wont do it again, but I'll just say I don't agree with giving us group IoS in the first place :)

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Mahes

It will definitely be useful for casual / non-EP BSTs.  Luckily it's in an area that they should be able to obtain it.

As for the debate.  :P  If it had to be one or the other, and one helps all BSTs vs half, I still don't see the logic in IoS.  Isn't Kragg more mana per cast anyway?  Too late to change it now, I suppose.

Kashmiir Battlekat

Link Broken.

Repost a good link please.

Vorph

Quote from: MahesIt will definitely be useful for casual / non-EP BSTs.  Luckily it's in an area that they should be able to obtain it.

Runes are from Kod'Taz trials... I don't see how anyone who'd actually cast Group IoS could get one of these, at least anytime soon.  Those trials are brutal without a stacked group... even Tipt is a joke by comparison.

Whoever designed and itemized Group IoS in this expansion is an asshat with zero knowledge of the game, imo.  The last time anyone asked me for IoS was when I did a pickup group with a paladin who tanked a normal like I tank a hard.  That guy, and people like him, won't see KT for several months minimum.  And due to the rarity of our nuke and dot, I will probably have neither by then, and have rotted a dozen or more runes.

Ukator Iceblood

Group IoS makes sense if it was on a vendor or dropped in Natimbi/Qimini. Hell I would camp the mob I would use it so much, but doesnt' seem to make sense any further into the expansion.
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Kaarraj

I am really looking forward to getting this dot.

As for the grp IoS, I think it is a good thing.  Not always in LDoN will my grp have max physical attributes and we won't have a shaman.

Sure some people will never use it.  But it is no worse than paying x amount of adventure points for our pet protection spells nor the shrew line.

From what I understand, this isn't THAT rare of a spell to obtain.  I would understand people being so upset if every class had an Uber spell that dropped off a godlike bossmob and this was our spell, but that isn't the case.

All this is, is just an extra free spell for us to have in our spell books to use or not to use at our own will.  It isn't like if they take this spell out of the game they will give us a group ferocity spell in its place.
Kaarraj - 65 - Beastlord - Tarew Marr

Mahes

My understanding, and this is theory based on posts I've seen, is that Group IoS and the DoT are available from the Sewers/Ferubi named and that the DD would be the turn in from Kod'taz or better.

I know I've seen the group IoS out of sewers, at least.

I guess I read Konji's statement as a GoD Rune being a GoD spell in general.