Main Menu

Another New Spell

Started by Laba, February 15, 2004, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pojodan

Ugh...  so group IoS is only aquirable by folks that have no use for it essentially?
Sure casters and clerics like IoS, but once one maxes their stats (Which a lot of folks are doing these days) IoS is junk.  
I would looooove to get Group IoS, would save me a bunch of trouble when buffing a group.  But I'd be damn lucky to get into one of these trials with my gear and experience, let alone actually get a rune.

/sigh

Vorph

Quote from: MahesMy understanding, and this is theory based on posts I've seen, is that Group IoS and the DoT are available from the Sewers/Ferubi named and that the DD would be the turn in from Kod'taz or better.

I know I've seen the group IoS out of sewers, at least.

I guess I read Konji's statement as a GoD Rune being a GoD spell in general.

I've seen posts saying the DD and DoT were found in sewers/various Ferubi nameds.  I've never seen anyone mention Grp. IoS until Konji talked about the rune in KodTaz.

Incidentally, by rune he means Taelosian Geomancy Stone.  That's what you turn in to get the Kod'Taz spell.  Whatever spell you get, that's what you'll get every time--there is no randomness like in PoP.  Pure melees can also use the stones to get a discipline book, too (incite upgrade for warriors, phantom call non-upgrade for monks, etc.)

Murkk Dakruul

Absolutely retarded.

I know 0....ZERO beastlords who can get this that will actually use it. On the plus side, i'm sure my guildmates will enjoy me passing on every rune that drops.

gj SoE!...
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Rhaynne

I told my guildleader last night to make sure beastlords are placed last on the rune drops... even after melee.

This is utterly useless.

Felpaw

Very, very few BST's that can obtain this spell (group IoS) will find it of any use.

Felpaw

Dummkopf

Can we say no beastlord that can obtain spells in kod'taz will need it? It is completely useless for beastlords of that equipment level that you need to even enter this zone. If those rune spells are not nodrop it might be of some limited use for twink beastlords, however that is not something a raiding guild has to concentrate on. A moderately improved SD or even a diseased based slow would be way more usefull for us, especially given the very high magic resists those GoD mobs have (i have a hard time landing slow without debuffer).

Dummkopf

Got my first GoD spell today from the Trickster named in Vxed, a group of guildies was farming there (farm as much as you can before they will nerf charm) and i was the only beastlord main on (well, we only have 2 mains). Oh, which spell? Trushar's Frost, 742dd.

Otuol

I don't know.  If you ask me GoD has been an almost worthless expansion.  It was geared towards the higher end guilds that have Time/upper end EP access, but a small percentage of the EQ population will never see that.  There are some AA's I would like from the expansion, but from what I hear about the trials I won't be buying GoD any time soon.  I wasn't aware group IoS was droipping in such a hard zone.  When will they learn.  Oh well, WoW will be out soon enough.