Main Menu

Change to Nurga

Started by rastekh, February 19, 2004, 03:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rastekh

Just an FYI for those that like to hunt there. Apparently one of the things the emergency patch did last night (Feb 19) was to add a new mob to the Nurga/Droga zone in. So, while this was once a safe place to zone and go AFK or heal/rebuff, or just run to in case of a bad pull, now beware that a Speedy Drogan Spider awaits you on the Droga side (hits for 100-120 to a lvl 64).

This really does suck as the spider obviously serves no purpose other than to harass people who zone in from Nurga - the ledge on which is resides is not accessible from the Droga side as it is high above the ground floor. I am not sure that Sony was thinking adding this, other than to cause grief. :x Its not as if Nurga is some overexploited zone that they are trying to nerf - I have never seen more than 1-2 other people in there when I was there. Oh well, maybe it has to do with trying to discourage high level campers from killing Nurga named for tribute points - but those people can easily kill the spider anyways. So, to me, this change simply screws the lower level people who are using Nurga to adventure/exp in.

Rastekh
FV server

Kaktarr

SoE does stuff to screw us over all the time,they are always testing us to see if we'll keep playing,even if they nerf stuff,that doesent need to be nerfed...  :evil:
"It Really Is THAT Irrelevant"

Dorrogtr T`A

Kaktarr you damn post farmer...  :(

Tiroon

Just in case someone does a search and reads this:

There is no mob up on the ledge anymore. We zoned into Droga from Nurga a number of times over the past weeks and have never seen a mob before dropping down into the room from the ledge.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Nekokirei

Little off topic but since we're on the same server... :roll:

In your Droga runs, have you run across a Tome of the Eternal or a Goblin Two-Handed Sword?

Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Tiroon

Sorry I have never seen either of them.  :-(

The Tome of the Eternal seems to drop from a goblin that was exiled to Frontier Mountains after a Droga revamp.

The information on the Goblin Two-Handed Sword is more sketchy but my guess would be that it too can be found among the exiled gobbos in FM.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Hereki

I don't believe that the Goblin 2 Hander actually exists, at least not in the current game.  Lucy doesn't have an entry for it, and Alla has an entry, but we can reasonably assume that it was added before they had an item collector.

If it exists, then FM would be the logical place, I agree.

Tome of the Eternal is supposed to drop from a Goblin Fanatic in the caves in FM.  I have camped these for some time, and I don't remember if I have seen the fanatic or the book itself, not to be certian, anyway.  I think I have seen the fanatic, perhaps.  Rare spawn in the Angry room, if so - thats the chamber on the left as you enter.

Nekokirei

Tiroon and Hereki,

Many thanks for the info.  I've been hunting high and low for the Goblin Two-Hand and wonder if it's a chimera of sorts.  The tome of the eternal as well, but I figure its gotta exist. =)
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm