Main Menu

Rellic Vs. SoS and SoF

Started by Artan Stovokor, February 25, 2004, 02:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artan Stovokor

It has been a while since I have memmed Flame(5k) or Snow(looted).  I just use Rellic.  Any other 65 Beasts use snow or flame on a regular basis over rellic?

Tastian

Nope.  Almost never, I think ummmmm emp?  I use hobble more than I use any other proc besides rellic and in terms of play time that's way less than 1% hehe.

Morganti

i use SoSnow/Flame when in kite groups

to keep the DPS of my kitten up with out the unfortunate side effects of Pasht accidently stealing agro from the kiter and getting eaten

~D~

Vahaus Warder

Flame for emp. Other than that............can't think of anything.

Artan Stovokor

I quit using flame or snow in kite groups because of the complaining that the stun effect was messing with the kiters "bunching" on mutiple pulls.

Dummkopf

I used snow a lot in solro or in pofire, however mr gets debuffed so fast that it isnt worth it, now i just use rellic and in god trials sometimes hobble (although i hate hobble, no stun, no damage).

Riveni

I am pretty exclusive to Rellic myself, unless I find a mob particularly resistant to it - in which case, I will switch it up for something more appropriate.

I am not a real fan of Hobble, though.  Replacing a proc buff that does damage and stun for one that is strictly snare just seems wrong.  I suggested long ago, on other sites before PoP came out, that we should have gotten a proc buff that was a combination DOT/Snare (similar to the Darkness line that Necros and SKs have, though of shorter duration) and call it "Spirit of the Spider" or something similar, then they came out with PoP and the AA skills.  I am sure Hobble has its uses, but I feel it is severely limited compared to the requirements to obtain it.
Elder Riveni Chakravanti
Vah Shir Feral Beastmistress
Member of Lodestar, Zebuxorux

Howlena Damoon

I use fire when in groups or raids where agro = boom.  Having to throw me a heal, steals from the efficiency of the group.  Never use Rellic in kite groups.  I don't mind getting beat on for a little while (I can take it), but real agro is a pain and can be a disaster when in GoD.

If I don't mind drawing agro, Rellic all the way.
Howlena Damoon and Lunatic
Feral-LADY of 65 Gut-wrenching Howls
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=364009">Browse my Bags o' Beastie Bootie

TerjynPovar

I'm really confused by that statement Howlena.  Rellic doesn't draw agro to you, it draws it to your pet...which actually helps the MT keep agro over nukers and DoTters and slowers.  Perhaps you'd clarify?
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Zoban

Actually pet agro = pc agro .. when I swap procs and tell Stripes not to taunt I notice a difference in amout I get beat on changes even though I don't change my play style.

Tastian

Zoban -  the pet aggro = master aggro thing has been discussed a lot in another thread.  Do you actually have any proof or repeatable tests that show you gaining more aggro?  Several of us have tested this in several different ways, so if you have anything other than a "feeling" I'd like to hear it.

Dakat

I use the highest one that I can most all of the time.  Just because of the little bit of extra damage it provides.  However certain situations you would want to change the proc.

Depending on the resists of the mob your after, the type of agro you want your pet to have/not have, or even not to stun (which is rare).  

Rellic has everything that Fire and Snow has with 1 main difference, Rellic increases agro to your pet each time it procs. Where Fire and Snow reduces your pets agro each proc.

For me, since I can heal my pet better than I can myself, I tend to keep Rellic up for most fights. Only switching out when I notice that the pet hasn't landed a proc in a while or at all. That way if I am out soloing and I am tanking a mob with my pet, I can wait for a proc to land and step back away from mob and pet will hold agro long enough for me to heal myself or get a heal off on my pet.

GrocGatorland

Not sure if this is what Zoban was trying to say, but...

When grouped pet aggro is your aggro... when he taunts or uses his procs that adds aggro that goes towards your aggro pool.  Hence when your tanking you may want to use spirt of the storm and hence why if your not tanking don't ever use that friggin spell.  Heck I was playing my 54 SK alt the other day and I couldn't keep aggro of the bst in my group until his storm proc wore off and I made him use wind.  

If your solo though pet aggro = pet aggro.
Groc Gatorland
Troll Gator Lord
Furious Pantaloons
Solusek Ro

TerjynPovar

That simply is not true...I don't know where people get this stuff from.

Have a pet aggro the heck out of a mob while a Paladin stuns once, then just stands there.

Note that the mob will hit the paladin over the pet and not run for you.

Now do a /pet get lost.  The mob won't run for you...it will continue to beat on the paladin.  If the pet aggro was truly PC agro, the mob should bee-line for you.  But it doesn't.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Mindlet

Thats not a valid test because a mob will always go after a pc in range rather than pet. To test properly you would have to stand in melee range next to the pally and see what happens.