Main Menu

Rellic Vs. SoS and SoF

Started by Artan Stovokor, February 25, 2004, 02:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizsolo

Lizsolo - Barbie Beastlord and her dog Poochie
Rodcet Nife

Tastian

It's been tested TONS of ways.  However, the situation mentioned is quite valid as well.  If a paladin cast one stun and stood there and I chained a couple slows I'd have no problem ripping the mob over to me.  With enough aggro over someone else you can pull a mob off them and pet certain generates very high amounts of aggro.  If I had half the aggro my pet generated I'd have no problem pulling mob over to me.  There are many different ways that it's been shown pet aggro can't possibly be added to master and I've yet to see a single replicatable case that can be used to show it is.

TerjynPovar

Quote from: MindletThats not a valid test because a mob will always go after a pc in range rather than pet. To test properly you would have to stand in melee range next to the pally and see what happens.

Didn't you notice the /pet get lost part of the equation?

Or fine, you make it simpler.  Stand next to the paladin and the pet.  The paladin will continue to get beat on if you take no alternate action because the pet agro is NOT the pc's agro, and the single paladin stun is greater than the 1 agro you gain for sending a pet in.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: ZobanActually pet agro = pc agro ..

I can't believe that you can be 65, with almost 200AAs, and say this stuff.   :roll:

Tastian

65th level 200 AA SK -

"God I hate how your celerity overwrites my eyepatch haste instead of stacking with it like vallon's haste does"  

"Those hastes don't stack the icons and stats do"

"Nah the hastes do I swing faster I can tell"

Mind you this person is haste capped with just vallons + item and even if eye patch did stack he still wouldn't swing any faster.  *shrugs*

65 Ranger   ??? AA -

"I love new swift journey AA with this + SOW I move faster than a bard"

"no you don't"

"Yeah I do I can tell"

That's one day hehe.  There are a *TON* of people that "know" things for some unknown reason hehe.  I don't know if they hear it from people, if it's just going on what they happen to see or whatever, but I haven't gone a single day without seeing someone stating as fact something that is dead wrong and easily disproved hehe.

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: Tastianbut I haven't gone a single day without seeing someone stating as fact something that is dead wrong and easily disproved hehe.
I guess I should stop avoiding pickup groups if I want to be entertained in that way ...

Dummkopf

I dont care much about hate transfer, the only thing that puzzles me is on time VZ fight. Im normally the first or second to send my pet in and dont do much but pet positioning and keeping it alive, paragon around 50%. If im too near to the mob though i am instantly on the rampage list despite me not doing any damage at all to VZ. Only my pet does damage and taunts, i dont do anything except throwing the odd pet heal in or refreshing calliav.

Kherryn

That's one of the odd things about rampage...since it's not an agro list where you can move around on it, just a list made in the order you agro'd, it seems to count you instead of your pet if you're in range.  My pet's been on rampage lots of times, but the instant I get in range and not tanking, I'm suddenly on rampage.

TerjynPovar

65 Enchanter: "If you overkill something by a lot it lowers the chance of it to drop tradeskill items"

Me: "Wow, that's an old rumor."

Enchanter: "Are you doubting me?  I have 4 level 65 characters with the 8th Shawl...trust me on this!"

------------

Paladin: "Your pet is pushing the mob all over the room"

Me:  Next battle I put my pet on the same side as the paladin, and just for good measure stand on the same side as the paladin, across from 2 Rangers and a Rogue.  Mob push comes straight towards the paladin, same as before.

Paladin: "Dammit, stop the pet push!"

/sigh
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

tkyn

"Weapon delay can't go below 1"
Tkyn - 70 Beastlord - Veeshan

Tastian

/screams lol one of my personal favs tkyn.  

New one to add lol

"Give me charisma"

"Why!?"

"To help my slows"

Gotta love newbie 65s.  This same ranger that KNEW bst got charisma buffs and that charisma helped his earthcaller proc land (on the off-chance it proc'd before my slow lol) also had too many "useful" buffs to remove one for ferocity!  /boggle oh wells keeps me smiling