Main Menu

General Hunting advice - just started a new BL, gone for 2yr

Started by Malleable, January 02, 2004, 03:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malleable

Ok,  Ive returned to EQ after a couple yrs.  I started an Iksar BL and have all the expansions.  

Since ive been gone for so long, most my experience is in the old world.  I played a small amount in Kunark and Velious before I left, but it seems like there are alot more options now.

Ive been working on my BL patriarch armor, in FOB and sewers, but once I get my Goblin torches I will be ready to move anywhere.  I also have a second account, and have started a DE cleric (2nd lv), so I will sometimes be taking him around to level them up together.  Plus he can buy and sell in the old world better than I can.

I am also pretty poor (300pp and a weapon were given to me though), so I am interested in making money.  Are there any good spots to level and make some money?  Perhaps pelts or spider silks, if people are paying well for them.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mal

rorith

You don't mention what level you are, but I highly recommend going to LDoN as soon as you hit 20. The experience is great, and you get pretty good money too. Plus, you can pick up some very nice items from named drops and by spending adventure points.

Those who fear the dogs of war, have never met the cats...

Malleable

rorith

Hmm. I haven't played an Iksie, so I'm not familiar with their newbie yard, but I imagine it's going to be your best option for a while. I'd stick there until it starts getting hard to find dark blue cons, preferably until you get your pet if possible. Then head further out. If you want to level quickly, you could try getting to the Shadeweaver's Thicket entrance of Paludal Caverns up on Luclin, but some people think the fast experience ruins your skills for several levels after you leave. Other than that... Look around in this forum and someone is bound to have some good advice.

Those who fear the dogs of war, have never met the cats...

Malleable

Hereki

You have two main options.  One is to stick where you are in Field of Bone; this isn't a bad option at all, as you can pull tons of mobs from the reservoir any time you want.  At 9, take your pet into Kurns Tower and kill the entry level, which will take you to 18 very happily.

The other alternative to to move to Shar Vahl.  Shardeweavers Thicket has decent hunting up to about 10, and has the ghulam armor quests that will be both an upgrade to you Patriarch's pieces, and also fill out slots not covered by it.  Then move into Paldual, 4/5-11 at the Shadeweavers side, 11-22 Hollowshade side.

Roaring Stormpaw

FOB then Kurn's tower is a great suggestion to do the early levels.  If you can grab a map of Kurn's there is a room behind a false wall that I pulled too quite well in my early levels.
Roaring Stormpaw
63 Savage Lord
Dragon Maw
Mith Marr

Malleable

Awesome advice guys!  I had no idea that the Ghulam armor was Iksar usable, thought it would be VahShir only.  

Good deal.  I get some of the low level Patriach stuff, I will move over to Shadeweaver's and work on some of that stuff.
Kurns tower is pretty nice.  Since Im working with a cleric, once I make 14th I will have the invis undead spell, making moving around in there even easier.  I can probably still get around before that though if I complete the Patriach and Ghulam that I need.

Thanks much guys,
Mal