Main Menu

44+ Hunting?

Started by Darkov, March 03, 2004, 12:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkov

Anyone got any suggestions.. I've just done four levels at the Basilisk caves in JPF without much effort and now need to find another spot. Echo is the obvious choice but it is camped 90% of the day so is ruled out.

Only thing that's important is it's a quiet zone, as I will leave the computer at times and don't particularly want my camp stolen.
Darkov
"Balance is perception, I pity the blind"
Siora 50 Bst - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=567199

JillieMT

OGGOK!!!

Guards!!

Here is how I did it, but forgive me, I have forgotten most of the bouncer names.

I used to set up by the zoneline.

Kill Bouncer Scaar, he wanders down to the merchant there by the zone.

Then kill the wanderer that stops at that guard tower. (Bouncer M....?)

Kill the one at the bottom of the tower.

Then go into the tower on the right side, and pull the guard on the second floor there. (I had some wierd pathing bugs when pulling him down the left side for some reason.)

Then bring your pet and head into the city. After you pass that guard tower, hug the right wall to avoid that Exterminator there. He is WAAAAY underconned!!

Climb the hill, and park the pet up there.

There is a wanderer in this area, he pops in and out of the caves there. Bag him. (Bouncer Xak?)

In the 3rd tunnel on the right there, there is a bouncer.

Head back to zoneline and repeat!

Easy peasy, never camped, LOTS of money! EVERY one drops at least 1 FS weapon, and sometimes a second FS. A few pp in coin, and the odd 4-5pp minor gem.

If you are Vah Shir, you can sneak and sell to the merchants here.

They start to LB about... 48 or so, you can still get decent xp up to 49 here. By then you can add the 2 guards on the guard tower balcony. You can single pull them with spells even if they are dark blue at that point.

Its a 23 minute spawn cycle, and with the new Spiritual Light, I didnt have much downtime at all, was almost as continuous as I wanted to hunt. Also, the zoneline is safe to go AFK at too. Good hunting!
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

swamprat

Where ever you go, be prepared for the suckest levels in a Beastlords life. Levels 47 and 48 are nasty since the 39 pet is very much over classed. The good news is when you get the 49 pet things really open up for you, and your defense skills will be maxed.

Killing ogres is fun, and really a nice little camp.

You could also try the Hill Giants/Cyclopses in RM, one zone off of the Feerott. The 39 pet does ok on them.

Dawnshroud peaks and the Overthere are both optioins that have lots of DB mobs so you don't have to worry about  losing your camp. Neither is great on loot, but lots of mobs to kill.
Swamprat and Croczilla
57 Beastlord on Xev, BBSCO
My Really Bad Gear

Tastian

Plaguebone thieves in DL are usually quiet as most don't know they exist and instead fight out near KC.

Sol B.  You can clear "tiger" or "window" area pretty much as the mobs have low(ish) hps and drop fast.  Basically you can make one big cycle killing as much as you can, but unless zone is really camped on your server you have more than enough mobs.  

Seafuries in OOT.  They don't hit for anything, so a great spot to catch up your defensive skills if they are lacking at all before getting into the 50+ game.  There's ok gem drops and if you get gornit too you can make a solid amount of pp per hour.  This spot is quite good for those that pet clericed maybe a bit more than they had to and find themselves below max on defense.

Lower guk -  If you plan on doing wood elf illusion crown now is an ok time to start working on faction well still getting some exp.

LoY has spots, really there's lots around, but the trick is finding the spot that is best for you on your server.  If sol B is crowded or seafuries constantly trained or whatever that'll take away from it.  Every spot I mentioned though has someplace you can afk safely unless someone does something silly.  8P

TerjynPovar

QuoteIn the 3rd tunnel on the right there, there is a bouncer.
This is one of the bouncers which is on a 6 minute spawn rather than a 23 minute spawn.  Given what you are doing you could conceivably kill this guy 2-3 times per cycle.  Not sure what kind of down time you'd have in the zone at those levels.

This is a pretty good zone to money farm at any level.

Once you are high enough to kill the stuff safely there are 4 bouncers on a 6 minute spawn and 12 or so on a 23 minute spawn.  You can kill them nonstop, and average 500-600 plat per hour once you get to the point where you can keep all spawns dead.

As a Vah Shir, the Shaman and Beastlord guilds didn't mind me, all I ever had to avoid was the Shadow Knight guild, the warrior guild, and Exterminator Glurg.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

NoxCruor

Interesting...I hadn't thought of hunting in Ogguk.  Probably because the majority of my characters are DE's.  Question regarding this though...

If you're constantly killing the guards, therefore decreasing faction, won't the merchant attack you if you approach it to sell?  Even with sneak (if I remember the zone correctly), you'd still have to maneuver yourself inside the small room to get behind the merchant...which would give it ample opportunity to start whoopin on you.  Is the merchant affected by the faction and will it agro?

Thanks.
Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

Mindlet

I am pretty sure merchants are not on the same faction.

TerjynPovar

All merchants, everywhere, are hard coded to never go below Dubious.  This was changed sometime in 2002-2003, I can't be more specific as I don't know exactly when the change occured.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

JillieMT

You are COMPLETELY safe from the merchants.  :)

Nekokirei

Quote from: JillieMT

I used to set up by the zoneline.

Jillie, or anyone else who can tell me,

To work this particular angle, do I need to zone in from The Feerrott or is it safe to use the PoK portal?  I dinged 39 (w00t!) and now I'm ready to give this a try--unless I should do a level or two in Echo first. :)

Thanks!
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Gilik

I didn't come to Oggok until 44, maybe it's possible to go sooner. But about your other question, you should be fine just running into the zone In between the two bouncers (that's what I do everytime, and I've only been hit once).

JillieMT

Yeah, use the PoK book and just run in between the two bouncers and zone into Ogguk through there. Half the time you will pass between the two bouncers so fast that you won't even trigger them aggro'ing on you. Same thing when you are leaving: just run and head for the book, hehe. Even if you do agro them, the book is so close that with SoW you will reach the book long before they will get there, so you won't be endangering anyone who happens to be zoning in.

Not sure about going there at 39... I didn't go there until after 44 and Spiritual Light. I guess you can give it a try, hehe! :)

Nekokirei

I very much appreciate the quick replies!  Poked about a bit and after taking some lumps, :shock: decided waiting for lvl 44 and Spiritual Light is a much better plan.   Think I'll hit the JPF basilisks cave till 44.

Thanks again!
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

JillieMT

Yep, basilisks, hehe. That is exactly what I hunted to 44! :)