44+ Hunting?

Started by Darkov, March 03, 2004, 12:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarilok

I did 44, 45 and 46 in Overthere...

Yea, some were green.

Yea, some were light blue.

Yea, lots were still dark blue.

The kill rate is what made it tho.  Even with crappy gear at the time, I mowed them down like there was no tomorrow.  I sat around the mud pit that is due south from the outpost, near the skyfire zone.

At 46 I went to FV, killing the drolvargs and mountain giants there.  Then I went to dreadlands a bit, and dulak, and Nagafen's Lair (bats and spiders), this took me to the low 50s.

From there, I went to dulak some more, velks, nurga, and jaggedpine poachers.

I did poachers mainly from 50-52, going back to naggy's lair every now and again, but poachers were the best.

Velks was great for the high 50s, as was Nurga, which can be attested by my being max ally in chardok.

That should help you get to 60, where you get a new slow and a few other buffs that really help to open up where you can hunt.  

Nurga and Grieg's End will take you happily to 65 tho.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Nekokirei

Dinged 44 (yay!) on Gunthak Beach last night, so I'm gonna head to Ogguk and give this a shot.

Oh, now I know why they call it "Beastie Crack"...who knew so many addicts were out there!?!   :shock:
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Nekokirei

Kk Jillie, Ogguk rocks!  Thank you for sharing that hunting spot.  Dinged 47 and moved three bubbles through the level there, made some nice plat, and looking forward to going back for more.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

JillieMT

Glad to hear you enjoy it! :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Raxur

After reading this post a few days ago I've been trying the Ogguk guards as well.. Man the xp sure flys here. Going to belt out another level there tonight then it wil be time to hang with a necro friend in the planes.

Thanks for sharing the info on this great hunting spot.
Raxur lvl 45 Beastlord
Raxor lvl 56 Magician
<Elidor>
Tunare

JillieMT

Anytime, and welcome to the boards Raxur!  :)

Liandra

As a Barbarian Beastlord I can sell at one of the vendors in the area between 14 and 15 on the eqatlas map  

This is the only one I have found in the zone that doesnt tell me where to go.
Katriona
Lvl 49 Beastlady of Halas
Member of the  Wandering Wolves on Venril Sathir

JillieMT

Grr, good tip Liandra. I was unaware that I could sell to anyone in the zone at all... being able to do that would have been MUCH easier!  :)

Hecklerkoch

There's a couple posts around here re:Oggok. No use retreading old ground but will add a couple things from my own experiences that I didn't see other places.

1. Not sure what a reasonable low-end level is to start hunting here, since so much depends on equip etc. I do know I did all of 46 here and my only regret was I didn't try earlier. "Why didn't you try earlier"  I hear from you. Well I read the posts, went to Feerott, saw the 2 Bouncers at the zone who were bright red and thought "hmmm I must have misunderstood something".  Once I read up on it more and looked at Illyia's I decided to go today. Sure wish I'd have been smart enough to do that a level or 2 ago.

2. In this post it doesn't mention the 2 in the top of the tower. In the other post "Oggok" it does and talks about using FoL. Well I did the 2 at the top but didn't want to take any chances with FoL. The funny part is I found a bunch of different ways to single them but one didn't work every time.
-One, when both were DB, was by slowly moving up the steps toward them, hugging a wall, and a single would aggro. This worked maybe 1 in 3 times.
-Another, when 1 was LB, I pulled the other with Drowsy and they'd come single. This worked every time 1 of them was LB.
-The last, and the only one that worked every time when both were DB, was to aggro both, wait by the zoneline until they came around the corner, zone out, and quickly zone back in. In every case one of them was well behind the other as they walked back (on 2 occasions 1 just stopped at the top of the hill while the other kept going back to the tower). I just targ'd that one and pulled him.
3. The xp in here, at least at 46, wasn't the best I've seen but when you see those coin slots fill up that fast it's hard to overlook. I was getting probably 33% of a blue per Bouncer. Add that to at least 7-8pp each minimum and it's hard to beat. Of course being a VS with sneak makes it easier.

For me the avg dmg taken was in the 70s, with an occasional 90 thrown in there. My HP 1629, AC 867, & Atk 935 with only my own buffs on. The only other thing I had was C3 and I wouldn't even think about doing this without a C of some kind. In all my time there I got 2 once and that was because I lost track of one of the roamers thinking I'd killed him. He sure showed me )

Great zone. Good xp. Great loot. And except for 1 newb that showed up I had it all to myself. Thx all for great info.

Heck
"It was a woman that drove me to drink and I never wrote to thank her."  -- WC Fields