Main Menu

South Karana & Split Paw

Started by Sorien, January 03, 2004, 09:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorien

At 30 - 34, you should be able to take out the Tash ?Nesh? Gnolls outside of Split Paw for some pretty good exp.  They drop some FS weapons and occasionally drop a few plat too.  What is good at this level is that if you have in any way neglected your defensive skills, you will be able to skill lvl that and the block skill there.  They do hit for 50 or so sometimes, but nothing to worry about for a fairly equipped beastlord.  I have also heard, that post 34, you can go inside Splitpaw and take out the Gnolls there for some good exp.  

I have done the Gnolls outside between LDON adventures and have a pretty good amount of pp from it and have my defense maxed with block not far behind.

Korinth
Kane Bayle

Hereki

I've always viewed the gnolls as being pre-30 hunting, although they stay blue for a long time.  I know the magician board recommends them for post 30, and they seem to like lots of low blues, the same as we do.

The biggest problem there is deciding what is a camp: one spire is too little for good experience, especially post 30, and groups like to take the entire area on some servers.

Sorien

Might be best to check again.

I think that after LDON started, these camps are rarely ever there anymore.  

For instance...

Last night I had all the Gnolls on the hill in South Karana to myself for 2 hours.  Popped into Splitpaw itself and found no one there either.

Going back to POK for an LDON, that same night and found that Rathe Mtn's had no one in it.  I've actually been in the Rathe Mtn's zone a few other times and there is hardly anyone there.

I've found this to be true in Sol A as well.  It wasn't anything to go to Sol A and find at least a group somewhere in there fighting.  Everytime I've been to Sol A to solo, there was no one there.

Korinth
32nd season
Kane Bayle

Hereki

Excuse me, but you're from Kane Bayle! :)  I'm surprised you can find a zone with another player in it at all, never mind a group.

My experience with servers has been:

Bristlebane: each spire was a camp; SolA usually had a group in.
Kane Bayle: one camp, sometimes 2 - the hill as one, the 3 spires as another; SolA rarely had a group in
Venril Sather: spires were one camp; SolA empty unless an FS farmer or a PLer (same goes for SolB).

Rathe Mountains always had 12-30 people in it on BB, not sure about KB, and 0-12 on VS.

Camps depend a lot on the server population.  Another good example is High Keep goblins.  On BB it was always 4 camps: LR, GR, WR and RR.  On VS, it is 2: GR includes LR, and WR includes RR.  That is unless a level 65 movelogger decides to PL his alt, and takes RR from the WR group.

Sorien

Hehe, I aaammm from Kane Bayle.  I left that server awhile ago not to come back until I created my BST.  When I left, there were always more than enough camps in Splitpaw, Rathe, Unrest, & SolA to group with.  I havent been to the higher lvl zones yet since BST only 33.  Was there a mass exodus from Kane Bayle within a 5 month period or something?  Kane Bayle used to be one of the highest populated servers.

**EDIT**

Higher actually.  Wouldn't say highest.

Hereki

No, you've been tricked!  KB ws always at the top of the list, fixed there by SoE.  In reality it has always been one of the lowest pop servers, and in fact yes, there have been quite a few people leaving it in the past six months and before.  The server list usually has high pop servers at the bottom, btw.

I used to play on there, back around the last half of 2002.

Sorien

That's somewhat disheartening...

Oh well, more for me I guess.

kattana

belive it or not you can hunt inside infected paw at 34. I use the 34 ice spell to take out the runners. I leveled my war all the way to 39 here alone. I see that since ldon has come out that the paw is normally open all the time. Here is my progression:

34 the front two at entrance then made my way to the bed room. The first right that can be made.

I set camp there and have my BL gaurd. I med to full mana and use slow to pull. I pull the first knoll in hall way then in the other bed room. IF the rest of the place is empty I will pull the first gnoll on the right. I then heal up and med up. Then take the two standing side by side on the left. After that the first one in hall way should be ready to spawn. With the exp bonus of being a cave this place is fun to solo in.

side bonus. Lots of guides bring there lowbies here to powerlevel. Sometimes you can get in a group with a couple high level people watching your back.

Have fun and good luck.

Taloran

I spent the majority of time from 30-34 soloing outside Splitpaw / Infected Paw on Terris-Thule server, other than an occasional trip into Splitpaw with a group, and an occasional LDON adventure. I found that I manage about a level and 120 plat a night (3-4 hours playing time or so). This is improved if there's a chanty in the zone who can provide me with a Breeze from time to time.

My main problem is that I can't buff myself and my pet, heal myself, and keep my mana up enough to use combat spells at the same time without a Breeze (or Clarity if I can get it.) So I tend to spend quite a bit of time sitting waiting for mana to recover.

I might be able to hunt a bit smarter, letting my warder do a bit more tanking, but I want to keep my combat skills maxed as much as possible, figuring they'll come in handy later. Like my bard previously, after a few levels I have started to get bored with camping the Spires, and am moving on to Overthere. But the EXP is still pretty good outside, and I might return at 37 or so to solo inside.

I occasionally have to share the spires with another soloer or a group or two, and from time to time an idiot bard comes along and figures the whole hill and all the Spires belong to her no matter who else is there (thanks, Emdema!) but generally speaking the hunting is good, the loot is excellent, and I'm having lots of fun.