Main Menu

Jaggedpine with fear

Started by Gimab, March 04, 2004, 03:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gimab

I found JP to be an excellent place for my ranger to level from 30-37 or so fear kiting Cave Basilisk and Basilisk Genitor (only wished i had come earlyer!) I would often invite a rogue or other DPS class along to help with the slaughter.  Figured grabbing a fear/panic caster and heading to JP through BB shouldn't be to hard for the BL considering huge reward and nonexistent risk with fear caster in tow. After zone in run out till you see a circular building guarded by white gnolls of Brell, to the right of the building is a small set of caves loaded with lizzys to kill. They are none social so don't worry about adds cept genitors will agro if you get to close. If a genitor spawns on the feared mobs path, back off till the target is out of the genitor's range then reengage The gnolls are not kos to any one and offer banking and merchant services that could be useful in storing the Hundreds of basilisk eggs you will get after spending a few levels here. The eggs are combined with other items you can purchase in zone I believe to create 8 lumps of dough, 8 lumps compared to the 1 lump with snake eggs. I would not suggest doing this solo as the basilisk proc a nasty stun, pet clerics might have some luck but would most likely be better off somewhere else. If you decide to try this out hope it works for you as well as it did me. This is not a place for us poor BLs as 10 or so levels without a cash flow might hurt a BL where my ranger could forage for other goods to at least try and offset the loss. Someone also pointed out only genitors stun and the eggs (or dough) might be sold in bazaar for a pretty PP.

Dakat

Gimab

It was writtin for a diffrent forum with diffrent level ranges that covered both. Figured i would post in both and let the person tow what ever level fear caster they wanted. But they do call me speedy. :?

Rumtum Tugger

There are two types of basilisk eggs.  Foraged and dropped.  The foraged are 8 dough the dropped are 15.  I PL guildies in JPF and ask for eggs as payment since I am GM baker.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=732264" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rumtum Tugger
65 Beast
Lanys
"Back.  Back off.  Gah, you stupid cat, where are you going? ..... TRAIN!"