Main Menu

Phase Spiders

Started by Myrkskog, March 04, 2004, 06:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrkskog

What level do you recommend that I start camping Phase Spiders, looking to upgrade my chest some time.  I will have an equal level Shadow Knight with me.  Keep in mind we're not twinked.

Thanks.

Darkov

No idea, I went out and made the plat & brought mine, there were better things I decided to waste time camping instead, like quest items.
Darkov
"Balance is perception, I pity the blind"
Siora 50 Bst - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=567199

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: DarkovNo idea, I went out and made the plat & brought mine, there were better things I decided to waste time camping instead, like quest items.
Great answer.  Completely irrelevent.  Btw, getting your own stuff >> buying from baz and pharming copper in RM, tyvm.

Spiders have been made quite a bit easier without their phasing proc, so this camp is doable earlier than it used to be, imo.  You two might get away with trying these as early as 49 with the better pets (even the SK's is somewhat useful at 49), though they will be DB/yellow to you.  Probably quite a bit of downtime and some pet clericing involved here - just don't aggro too much so you CAN pet cleric.  At 53 you will be significantly better off with spirit of storm and higher levels get easier with bigger and badder pets, more HPs, and other support spells.  This camp will be trivial for the two of you at 60, but much before then without a healer you are looking at quite a bit of downtime.

DontPetBear

I went there and soloed at 56, but with pretty good gear.  Even with kei and V running, i had a lot of downtime.  

Camp is pretty easy and the spideys don't run at low health.  I made the mistake of getting too close to the bone piles once and a nasty critter popped out.  I managed to zone out to WW, then got tagged by a Worm (or something Red to me).  Had to keep zoning back and forth till lost agro in WW.  That Critter in DN had a huge agro radius.

Went back with a 54 Druid and 52 Necro, and tore the spideys up.  With about 80 kills or so, only 1 PSC dropped.  The exp. isn't so great there either, but nothing like looting and finding a PSC on the drop.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Tastian

"Btw, getting your own stuff >> buying from baz and pharming copper in RM, tyvm"

Sorry, but that's an opinion.  You have to factor in time, ease, fun, etc.  There's a lot of things I camp and have fun getting on my own, but there are certain things I can't fault anyone for buying in the bazaar or farming items/pp and buying.  Imagine if everyone farmed their own Ornate boots, staff of flowing water, heck how many got their own WLKs?  Then of course you run into the issue of when to get it.  You can make plat at a decent clip from 40+, but certain items you just can't farm then.

I'd say 54+ for phase spiders to do alright.  Like was mentioned you could maybe do sooner, but you might get into some trouble.  I always liked DN though and had fun farming.  Although I never had much luck with drops.  I've gone quite a few hours and never seen one well others quote one every 2 or so hehe.  Good luck either way.  8)

Darkov

Yeah, like the PSC is worth the time invested in getting it yourself.. that time is much better spent in PoP, LDoN and GoD if you have it, and you can easily make the 10kpp required for a PSC from simple xp killing.

So my answer was relevant, maybe not a direct answer, but infinitely relevant.
Darkov
"Balance is perception, I pity the blind"
Siora 50 Bst - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=567199

Myrkskog

PSC cost around 20k on Sullon, and are very rare.   Just thought it would be easier to camp one while they were still blue.

Mindlet

PSC are very rare drops though. Way back when velious was fairly new I used to go to DN quite a bit and we would kills spiders. I have only ever seen 1 PSC drop.

Zeone

I used to farm this with my 65 SK solo. At 65 the mobs con light blue - blue. I have never seen a psc drop but the aa xp at 65 is decscent, not great but i think it was about 1-2% per kill which is better than nothing. My guess would be 55+ to solo / duo these but the Sk partner probably would have a had time tanking unless 65. Even at 65 I aggro kited these with my SK.

Tukash

Was waiting to go to a HoT raid last night so popped into DN to waste some time.  At 65 yea they are easy to solo, 1%AA a kill.  Now for the fun part, had 2 PSC's drop back to back.  Luckly some guildies were in WW on the way to raid and they were able to come in and loot them.  I was there less then an hour.  Drop rate change?? or extremely lucky?? prob the latter but I was suprised LOL.
Tukash - Feral Lord, Tarew Marr

Xarilok

What about a druid/bl combo?  Would 49 be a good level to hunt here? or would I be better off at 50 with the new slow?

I have about 880AC/ATK 1850 HP at 47, and decent weapons (immaculate dagger/Ent mace), 22% haste.

Druid is at 225 Wis with KEI, 1300HP.

Not looking for a "could kill one, then med 30 minutes" yes, you can hunt here response, but a "this is a decent exp spot with nice loot, that you can maintain a decent kill rate at" type response.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Taiglin

I went there in my really low 50s I think it was with same lvl Druid bot. Kill rate wasn't sustainable (going head to head with em and healing Bst). Haven't thought about heading back there but might once I ding maybe.

Edit: At least with a Druid bot you can get there and out of trouble easy if you wanted to try it out.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Chakkorisi

Just be careful . . . there are NASTY swarm traps in DN which will put a damper on anyone's day.

Chakk

a_moss_snake_001

The new Phase Spiders can be done in a duo fairly effectively at L52. Just be careful and single pull them to the sides.

When they revamped the spiders they made them not shadowstep you around but they also upped the average population about 25% and put in some additional smaller spiders and some nasty tiny spider swarm traps. A lot of kiting classes (mainly wizards on my server) used to perma-farm the spiders and bazaar the PSC's for 20k each but since the recent changes they seem to find it somewhat more risky and most have stopped (muhahaha).

Imho its worth at least -trying- to camp your own gear. If you go there and spend 4 hours farming spiders and no PSC drops then at least you have had a good go and can feel somewhat justified about buying one in the bazaar.

Gnarloth

Quote from: a_moss_snake_001Imho its worth at least -trying- to camp your own gear. If you go there and spend 4 hours farming spiders and no PSC drops then at least you have had a good go and can feel somewhat justified about buying one in the bazaar.

True true... I spent 3 solid sessions (4+ hours each) in DN farming spiders with a friend. We only saw 1 PSC drop in that time which my friend took (she had first dibs). We got that in the first session, so the other two were painful... I eventually picked one up from a guildy for 4k (must have felt sorry for me!).  I have every intention of going back there at some point and killing them until I get one to drop though... it's right up there with skydiving and a night with Japanese triplets on my list of things to do before I die. :D

62.10 Iksar Beastlord on Prexus
Xanthic