Main Menu

Droga, Great Loot, good xp, easy

Started by KungFool, March 06, 2004, 08:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KungFool

Hey all, i am not a writer, but i just wanted to let you all know a few things about Droga, since i was asked tonight in the beastlord channel (/join serverwide.beastlords:beastlords, for the few of you that don't know).

First, i did this with some fairly crappy gear, the only things that i have that are any good are Golden wraps of the compact and Fungi vest, neither of them even close to nessesary.

Ok, Droga is simple to get to, take the Overthere Book, run south to Frontier mountains (watch out for the huge chasm in the middle of Overthere).  once zoning into Frontier mountains, just use your ingame map to get to Droga. Simple.

Ok, second, i would Highly suggest bringing some kind of gate potions, any kind at all, preferably Thurg potions for the short casting time. i never had to use one, because a nice enchanter led me out, but they come in handy.  Also, i don't THINK that you can zone out at the same spot you came in, i think you have to run about 1/4 of the way  across the zone to get to the zone out.  please, if anyone knows, correct me if i am wrong on this, as i really don't know.

Ok, on to the goods.  Tonight was my first night here, i did not got any drops, since i was mainly just getting the feel for the zone, mobs, etc. The zone is very worth it, even without the drops. (copper hammer of striking drops here.) Each of the mobs drops 14-18pp.  out of around 25 that i killed, only 2 of them dropped below 14pp.  They are fairly easy at 64, i never stopped killing at that level, until C3 wore off, but even then with SD i hardly had to med. the mobs hit for around 70-168, with 130 seeming to be the average.  there are rogues, wizzies, necros, shamans, warriors, and SKs, and i think that is it.  Wizzies cast Ice commet, and  commonly cast a 800dmg fire nuke. Sks HT for about 850ish dmg, just let your pet eat that. Shamans slow, and try to cast root, scourge, etc on you, overall, shammies are easy. Rogues, warriors, and SKs all hit hard, especially rogues.  The casters hit just as hard as the other classes, only difference seems to be their HPs.

Spawn time i believe is Around 20 minutes. i usually had time to kill about 7 in that time. when you first in, there is a tunnel that leads down to a medium sized cavern.  the tunnel has i believe 3 mobs in it, Dkblue to 64.(never saw anything other than Dkblue).  I killed all of these, then when i got to the tunnel i got discouraged because of the mob placement.  there was one around a corner to the right, one straight out and to the left, and 2 at the other side, close together, with a wanderer that stands right between them. i risked a pull on the mob on the right, and got it single.  Killed it, pulled the other one straight out and to the left Np.  i Crossed my fingers, and pulled the right on on the far end of the cavern (when the wanderer was not there, of course) and got him single, even though he was standing very close to the other Goblin. Between the regular XP here, the coin, and especially the very very low aggro radius of the mobs here, this is my new favorite zone. i know this is not a very good guide, but i am just posting to give you an idea of what is in there, Also, i worked a 12 hour shift today, and have been awake for about 22 hours, with 3 hours of sleep the nite before, so i'm tired.  =P  If you have any questions, comments, corrections, please do not hesitate to post them.  
Also, if you play on the Cazic-Thule server, send me a tell sometime, i would be more than happy to group with you down there.

P.S. Can't believe i forgot to mention this, but i very strongly advise you to have some form of snare/stun for you or your warder unless your warder has Spirit of rellic.  even though the aggro radius on the mobs is small, and it is tough to pick up a wanderer, better safe than sorry.  Rellic Chain stuns, and is fuggin great for this dungeon, i love spirit of rellic.

Have a good night,

Taksh Thunderpaw, 64th Beastlord of Cazic Thule
Tacsh Squirreltamer, 51st Beastlord of Cazic-Thule
Twiglestik Squirreltamer, 55th Rogue of Cazic-Thule

Riveni

Quote from: KungFoolAlso, i don't THINK that you can zone out at the same spot you came in, i think you have to run about 1/4 of the way  across the zone to get to the zone out.  please, if anyone knows, correct me if i am wrong on this, as i really don't know.

Actually, way out is same as way in.  HOWEVER, you cannot backtrack to get there once you drop down.  You need to run to the area that looks like a small town center, then head north thru the gate.  This will lead you along a tunnel that will eventually drop down to the entrance area.... just don't drop down like you did in the beginning or you will be running around again.

Alternately, there is an entrance to Nurga in the south part of the zone.  This is pretty much one way as well.... you can zone into Nurga, but once you drop down, you need to find your way out from there (or find the zone in to return to Droga).
Elder Riveni Chakravanti
Vah Shir Feral Beastmistress
Member of Lodestar, Zebuxorux

Eclispe

Could a level 62 fight in this zone I was wanting to get a different haste item could I handle that camp?   My equipment is not all the awsome so I am sure this will play a big factor on doing the camp.

Kirinicus

You can solo the camp with the Enchanted Sash of Wonder, yeah. The guy spawns all alone in a little room. You can kill him and maybe two or three other monsters outside that you could get single. The XP would suck, but you could do it.

As an aside, I have found that that named mob spawns once every five, maybe six spawns. All 5 times I've killed him he has had the dagger  :(
Elder Kirinicus Kittensummoner
Feral Lord of Torvonnilous.

And when he gets to heaven,
to Saint Peter he will tell;
Just another soldier reporting, Sir,
I've served my time in hell."

ShaitynAB

Of note on the Runri camp, yeah, you can prolly handly it at 62 easy enough.  The named and the pholer are both SK's with a 900ish HT and hit for 220ish iirc.  However, if you are really going there JUST for the sash, I wouldn't recomment pulling the mobs outside the door.  Not that they are any harder to kill but from my personal experiences the casters there seem to have the best channeling skills in the game and like to gate while flipping my pet the bird.  IF a mob gates successfully, click your potion or be prepared to fight 2-5 more.  For me, when I was camping the sash the little bit of xp I was getting by pulling a mob or two here and there just didn't make up for the times I had a mob gate on me.
Shaityn Stormweaver
65 Ogre Feral Lord
The Insane-Antonius Bayle
My Magelo
The Beastlords Den-Home of Everquest Beastlords

Flippee

Is it possible to solo Jailor Maufan with average gear at lvl 63???  I can handle Runri without any real difficulty self buffed, real easy with C3 and Temp.

Dakat

I went here the other day. A friend Rogue invited me just for fun sake.

We zoned in. I buffed up pet. Suspend 2 it and then invised us.  We moved around to the "town" area. We were going to the ledge (before you drop down to get back to the entrance) and work our way inward.

We get to the first set of buildings where the guy you were referring to spawns. He was alone in his room.  I got behind him and unsuspended pet and we killed him. Dropped the dagger.  

Anyways, I just wanted to mention that if you have suspend minion 2, you can invis up and move around this place real easily.  Least I didn't have any problems.

JillieMT

I tried this too over the weekend. Went to the Runri room and just killed his placeholders for 2 hours. He finally popped, and dropped dagger.

I am 63, but this is doable at 62 (I don't have any of my spectral spells yet, so I pretty much count as 62 :p). I mainly pet tanked them. Slows and DoT, heal the pet, occasional frost spear... it still took about 75% of my mana per fight. In between spawns I could be back to full mana and pull a wanderer from outside, and back to FM again for the respawn.

Critters will run out the door at low health. I gave Cody a Kunzar Kujuch for the evening to keep 'em in the room, worked out perfectly.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Sasraix

If you fight runri in his room he will run, if you fight him in the other room, in the northmost corner away from the door he will not run, because he is close to some spawns in the room "next door" so to speak.
Be careful with the wanderer though, if it's a caster he will try to gate, and that means gating back to the area close to king, it will create a train of proportions.
Sasraix
65 Feral Lord
Antonius Bayle

Sasraix

I was just wondering, I remembered seeing a nice Droga guide on eqbeastlord, and I also saw it posted here, but right now Search reveals nothing, does anyone have a link to it, since it might be useful for the people who never hunted in Droga?

Edit found it :)

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=85
Sasraix
65 Feral Lord
Antonius Bayle

Flippee

So does anyone here ever solo Jailor Maufan, I was curious if there are any pull tricks or a safe spot to pull him too.

Oneiromancer

Heh, I trio'd his area a while back with a druid and an enchanter...we were perfectly fine until an unexpected repop started a horribly sitcom-ish chain of events that ended in us wiping.  The mobs are closer together there than in other parts of Droga, there are several 2-pulls (3 if you're not careful and don't notice a closer mob) that would dictate the use of pet pulling if you can't handle it (or they're both nasty caster mobs, or SKs, etc).  They're on the "hard" Droga mob list, levels 59-61 or so, not the easier ones which are much less stress.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Sasraix

I've been there once, with my shaman and Sk duo, and the spear dropped 3 times, good thing my brothers lowlevel rogue had 30 minutes to hide/sneak down there :)
Sasraix
65 Feral Lord
Antonius Bayle

Promdi

My favorite place down there is Flame master/fizzik camp.  Set up in the hallway between master and fizzik, no wanderers there. Start with the flame master room. pull the one infront of the flame pot. then the left one, and last the PH which is to the right of pot. This guy drops pretty nice bazaar loot, and the common one is the best imo. From here you can continue to pull the flame room or pull from fizzik room. This is more dangerous, ive never managed to single pull all of them(could pet pull, but that just slows down the exping). If you can handle double's this shouldn't be a problem, theres 6 goblins in there, 2 singles and 2 double pulls. The named drops a pretty nice necklace commonly.  I usually pull 2-3 more gobs before the flame room repops, then i start over, but with all singles :).  Exp per cycle is 25% AA at 65, lots of cash, and if ur lucky 1-2 pieces of loot :).

If u have pet suspend II and the zone is empty, You could run and kill Runri PH after yer done with both rooms.

I have no magelo but 4800 hp self buffed and regen tunic. However i usually go down there with Virtue and Kei but i guess most people do that :)

Oneiromancer

I did that camp when doing the Filth of Goblins task.  Had a druid join me looking for his epic drops, but was doing okay on doubles regardless.  However, we got the Flame Master to pop once (doesn't count for the task!   :evil: ) and the other guy (Fizzik I guess) to pop twice.  I think they all dropped the common items, sold them for a decent amount of money.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired