Main Menu

LDON: A Beginner's Inquiry

Started by Aurelin, March 07, 2004, 06:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurelin

I just bought Ldon and am a bit confused about some basic aspects of how these dungeons work.  I'd appreciate any info you all can provide or links to answers.  Thanks.    8)
1) Traps:  What are they? (Triggering of mobs, damage received from hitting a treasure chest?)  How are they detected or disarmed?  I read that there were spells for this purpose and that different classes can detect/disarm certain types...is that true?
2) Loot: In addition to loot on mobs, are there treasure chests?  How are these detected and opened?
3) Points: I have read that you get points doing adventures and can trade them for loot.  Do you get points for completing an adventure or a dungeon or for time spent?
4) Completion of adventure: Does the adventure have to be complete for someone to zone out?  Is the adventure technically complete when you've reached your goal or when you clear the dungeon?  
5) Completion of dungeon: If you complete the adventure before completing the dungeon, is there added benefit (besides exp) to then finishing the dungeon?  (More points???)
6) Re-rolling inside dungeon:  Can you begin a new adventure from inside the dungeon?  Or do you have to go back to the guy in the camp and reinitiate?  
7) How to pick a difficulty level:  When picking a difficulty level for a dungeon, are the options listed as level range recommendations or is there some other way to tell which one is best for your group?

Thanks.
"Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking."

Hereki

Difficulty is shown as normal or hard when choosing the adventure.  Apart from that, everyone has their own opinion about how easy or hard the various different types of adventure are.  Every type is easy for an experienced group is as much as I want to say about that.

You get points for completing the adventure within the time limit; slightly fewer points if you complete it in an extra time allowance.  At the end of the time, you are zoned out.  The value of staying in after completion is to get more exp, more loot, and possibly open chests.  Most peopel leave as soon as it is completed.

Traps are chests, some non-agressive mobs, and static straps.  There are three types, each of which are best opened by one of three classes: rogues/bards, priests and int casters.  Most people either leave them to the end, or don't bother.  Triggering a trap at the wrong time will wipe the party; some traps will wipe your group no matter what.  Rewards can be some mana, a heal, pp, or an augment.  The mobs sometimes become pets for a short time to whoever awakens them.  

You can zone in and out whenever you want, and you can't restart within a dungeon; your new adventure will have to be reentered.

Aurelin

Thanks, Hereki.  That was very helpful.   8)
"Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking."

quinalla

Quote from: Aurelin5) Completion of dungeon: If you complete the adventure before completing the dungeon, is there added benefit (besides exp) to then finishing the dungeon?  (More points???)
6) Re-rolling inside dungeon:  Can you begin a new adventure from inside the dungeon?  Or do you have to go back to the guy in the camp and reinitiate?  
7) How to pick a difficulty level:  When picking a difficulty level for a dungeon, are the options listed as level range recommendations or is there some other way to tell which one is best for your group?
5) The benefit is basically exp and loot you can get (most people will want to go after a named if someone can see one on track).  No more points though and you have 1/2 hour before the dungeon despawns after you complete your task.

6) Just a note, only the group leader has to go back to the camp, if the rest of the group wants to hang out near where the next dungeon is likely to spawn, then they can.

7) You can only pick normal or hard.  The dungeon is set based on the average level of the party and if you choose hard it bumps it up the difficulty.  I usually do normals all the time unless I know people in the group or we have a really awesome group make-up.  Most people below 65 in my experience want to do normals, there are quite a few 65 folks who prefer hards because they are much better exp and normals are too easy for them.