Main Menu

What level for Malaria?

Started by Darkov, March 14, 2004, 01:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkov

Curious as to what level I could start soloing this quest? I've been trying to get guildmates and friends to help me out with this since I hit 44, now I'm 49 and getting frustrated. Dulak is always busy but Torg is always empty and no one seems interested in going there, even when they have nothing else to do.

So when can I solo this quest?
Darkov
"Balance is perception, I pity the blind"
Siora 50 Bst - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=567199

rorith

If you're very careful, you can start soloing the entrance to the mines in your early 50s. I'm considering going back there for experience now at 55 to see if I can solo. The loot is decent in there, and I could help a couple guildies with their LoY quests that way.

Those who fear the dogs of war, have never met the cats...

Gizzie

I recently got my malaria drop solo at 55 , was hairy at times but set up camp at zone in and you have an easy escape route (sorry Jake for leaving you behind occasionaly) , and as you can see from my gear I have nothing special, got Grobb Hide Cowl and Mask to drop while I was there , along with a diamond and various other vendor loot so not too bad
Gizzie

Wildblood of Bertoxxulous
Proud Member of Extreme Annihilation

Fruud

At 50 your going to have a lot of downtime and will end up playing warder cleric at times.

I do think you can do it but I don't think you'll have an easy time but I am sure you'll come away a better beastlord.

Bring lots of bandages and remember we can bind wound now while sitting. You also want to be as buffed as possible. I suggest you either have a higher level toon buff you up with Virtue or better yet try to get KEI and P9 for the HPs and manna regen.

I went from 57 to 58 in TM trying to obtain the strange black powder and it was touch and go. Miners are not to tough but the Bruisers which drop the powder have quite a few HPs.

Camp the zone in from Dulak shrink and don't hesitate to zone out if you get an add. If you get the mentioned buffs you should be GTG <manna wise> again after zoning back into TM.

Good luck and remember the bandages.