Main Menu

Buying Sha's Revenge

Started by gamfyre, March 17, 2004, 09:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhaynne

QuoteStuck up clerics that won't take a group because the tank has too few hp.

Most clerics that ask that are asking so that they can better judge when to heal and which heals to use.  I always see a cleric asking that as a GOOD sign.

Rumtum Tugger

Oh no, I have always seen clerics in group asking for HP / AC as a good thing.  I am talking about when they are in /LFG and you send them a tell to do a LDoN and they turn you down based on group make up and HP of main tank.  I am now to the point that if they ask too indepth of questions I will just say "Nevermind, I wanted a cleric with a 'good' attitude."  They have been spoon fed and ridden the exp of groups that they probably should never have been in.  Snobby cleric asking for 7.5 k HP tank and fully buffed they don't hit 3k really ticks me off.  Guess we have some real charmers on Lanys.

Sorry for the derail.  So, yeah.  I got the spell too.  :D
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=732264" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rumtum Tugger
65 Beast
Lanys
"Back.  Back off.  Gah, you stupid cat, where are you going? ..... TRAIN!"

Gimrol

Quote from: Rumtum Tugger
You mean, like when they ask for HP on the tank?  I hate that more then I can say.  Stuck up clerics that won't take a group because the tank has too few hp.  I have been in many successful groups with less then perfect toons and failed with groups that had the perfect holy trinity.

I hate it a lot more when I get an invite to a group only to find out that the warrior tank is in full crafted armor and dual-wielding a lamentation/centi longsword combination.  While I can take a beating, most clerics can't tank slowed LDoN mobs.  I can see the cleric not wanting to deal with that.

That's exactly why you see funny stories about what goes on in pickup groups, you never know what you're going to get.

Gimrol

TerjynPovar

Quote from: RhaynneMost clerics that ask that are asking so that they can better judge when to heal and which heals to use.  I always see a cleric asking that as a GOOD sign.

This would be after joining the group though.  I don't mind the question at all if they already let me in the group, it's when it's a pre-group question that it annoys me.  Like I said, valid question, but still annoying.  Sorry to derail things.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Hrann

Actually the REALLY good clerics lead off with a lower hp heal and calculate in their heads how much the tank has - it's quicker that way ;)

Tastian

Yeah I just start healing and gauge hps/ac/aa by how fast/often the tank needs healing.  Then I do a few more quick calculations in my head as to whether it's better to actually heal the mana spounge that much or let them die and click rez stick after.  8P