Main Menu

Stonebrunt Mountains

Started by Coel, March 18, 2004, 05:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coel

Long time lurker here, thought I would chip in my two cents on good hunting spots.  I found Stonbrunt Mtns to be an excellent zone from about 36-40.  You could easily come here earlier, and could stay until maybe 42, but finding DB Mobs gets much harder post 40.

I would generally hunt the granitebacks (gorillas); panda cubs, young pandas, and kejek/highland tigers tigresses.  The Kejek tigers are lower level mobs, and will be lt blue or green by level 37.  The highland tigresses are good xp up through level 40, and the highland tigers are still good xp at 40, but have more hp than the tigresses.  Overall I found I was getting 1-2% per kill and making a level in about 3 1/2 hours up till 40.  (Much faster once you get 39 pet, level 38 was painful!)  I am moderately twinked, but should doable for anyone.  

Don't hunt kerrans, you lose faction with the group at the fort in the center of the zone, which is otherwise a good place to rest/med.  The Kerran guards will NOT defend you if you train to them, and the zone outs are a long run off, so keep SoW up and don't wait too long to run if you get trained.  (Had to let Snowball eat it a couple of times to save my own skin!)  Gunthak is one zone over for bank and supplies, but Paineel is your closest PoK book.  This makes the zone very underpopulated. I rarely had more than one or two others in the whole zone.

Loot was also decent (especially after dawnshroud), with pandas and granitebacks dropping runes, words, gems and occasional jewelry.  If you need tailoring supplies, the cats drop lots of LQ, MQ, and HQ pelts.  Good luck and good hunting!
Coel MacTavish, 46 Beastlord

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers, for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother . . ."  Henry V

danaconda

I know this post is a few months old... but I was wondering approximately where in the zone you were hunting? Stonebrunt is an awfully big zone, and I don't want to wander the whole zone finding dark blues to fight.

This sounds like an interesting place to hunt. Was curious also if they are static spawns or wandering mobs, and if wandering mobs, are they far apart? I hate running around (too far) looking for things to kill.

I will try this place out as soon as I get the opportunity and if there hasn't been a response, I will respond with the information myself  :D
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Hereki

Sounds like he was based at the kerran village.  Mobs get progressively higher the further north you go, but with a good concentration of dark blues at 40+ on the slopes around and to the north of the town.

Coel

Hereki is correct, I mainly hunted the ridges above the Kerran village (Northern end of zone, up in the mountains).  Do note, the Kerrans will NOT assist against wandering mobs, so while you can rest in their outpost, I did have the occasional wanderer attack me while medding.  Also, don't forget that the granitebacks and tigers/tigresses are social, and a fair number are always wandering around.  Now that there's a PoK book one zone away, I suspect Stonebrunt might become a more popular hunting zone.

Hope that helps!
Coel MacTavish, 46 Beastlord

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers, for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother . . ."  Henry V

danaconda

Thanks for the info.... gonna give it a shot tonight I think. I figure it's old world mobs, so low hp and damage output.
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Bearboss

From 30 you can safely pull highland granitebacks and tigresses and panda cubs easily. The best spot Ive found is at the bottom of the mtn behind the Kejek village. From the village entrance head over the large hill directly behind it and set up pet (guard) behind a tree at base of hill. Nothing wanders close to here. Pull with Drowsy.
    Save elder granitebacks and tigers and other pandas till 34 at least. Great place to 2 box or Powerlevel also since nothing paths on mtn. (dont park pet too far to left edge of mtn -when facing north).
    With 39 pet you can move up to left of rock bowl near some trees at edge of snow and rock. You will tear thru mostly blue mobs and may have to pull further afield (i was bringing back 2 at a time). At 41 or 42 go tear thru stuff in Gunthak at beach (either side).
    What makes Stonebrunt so great is the speed that you kill MOBs there. You will literally run out of mobs (in your immediate vicenity)once you hit 39 and you can also spawn some Titans (Snowbeast -drops nice Footpads of the Tiger about 1/2 the time ---level 44 or so- cant root or snare).