Main Menu

3/23/04 patch and time VZ

Started by Tailchaser, March 24, 2004, 10:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tailchaser

Anyone else seeing VZ(time version) warp when you pin him now?  It looks like there was massive widespread geometry bugs put in the TZ/VZ room with this patch.  TZ we didn't really have a problem but he's pretty easy, VZ on the other hand is falling through walls, warping to the rear and then just running around on a rampage at the back of the raid.  Which makes for alot of fun when teh adds pop  :evil:

Voidstalker

Yes the geometry of the mobs are fubared  :P

Dysz

i was in earth the other night and several of us fell through the temple that is about 10 ft above the normal ground, had several mobs fall through as well.  as far as im concerned, they should have left this system on test til they get the bugs out, its not a very high-quality product :( (not that it will stop me from playing)
Mark these words: One day this chalk outline will circle this city.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=472464">http://pinkfloyd49.tripod.com/sig.txt>

Emmdee

We had a lot of difficulty keeping Xegony pinned last night, and a couple of the larger model named mobs in the waves were warping and otherwise doing wierd stuff.
The Xeg event is normally cake for us :( Bitch didn't drop the wraps for me either....

There is a definate problem with large model geometry (among other things) and my guess is there will be a patch either tonight or tomorrow night to fix some of the larger issues.

itouch

I had a problem the other night not being able to zone out of PoFire, the click is no longer on the tree but about 2-3 feet to the left.

I also kept getting stuck while running along the hill against the zone wall, I actually popped through to the other side one time and was able to freely run around the outside of the zone, camping fixed that though.

Grymlok

You want to talk about bugs?  How's this:

We did Fennin last night, but apparently arrows were bugged.  All the "missed" arrows stayed floating in the air by Fro's head.  It eventually created so much video lag that everyone was running at about 4fps.  Even turning clip plane all the way down did not help.  It was really insane.  Even after Fro died, the arrows stayed there for about 3 minutes before finally disappearing.

Also, Fennin was barely animated.  The only thing on his that actually moved was his mace arm.  Wings didn't flap, and he didn't walk around, as he looked like he was floating over the ground.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Tastian

Yeah that sucks grym.  Actually noticed a few times arrows stuck in the walls after mobs died hehe.  Kinda looked cool, but "looking cool" isn't worth huge video lag like that.  I'm anxious to see how much easier it is to manuver on raids and stuff now though.  I went into "auto duck" a few times the other night and kept hoping all over the place trying to get into range.

Emmdee

I do have to say though, among all the bugs and stuff they seem to have fixed the number 1 annoyance for me.

The lag in Coirnav's lair.

I had every model on, high textures, fully open clip pane.... smooth as silk.

Then they patched again last night, i loaded in this morning before work (im on off-peak times) and my graphics were so screwed up i felt like i was in the Matrix. Whacky fun times.

shenker

The collision issues have been a problem for a while on test. It seems that no amount of /bugging does anything and we are being ignored. It has been a month and a half since we have seen phase 5 cause of collision issues. Last time we got to see quarm was jan 20 or thereabouts. Our raiding force has shrunk and we have people quiting over this since it has been an issue for so long. In other words we have been screwed by all this shit that has gone down lately. Sorry to have seen it go live but in all honesty it means it will get fixed faster now.
Shenker

Troll Wildblood on Test Server
My main since Dec 2001 through thick and thin.
I LOVE MY BEAST!

WOW- Shenker 60 Human Priest on Lightbringer. (retired)

Eeza

We only had warp issues with VZ when walls were involved.  When we lost the wall, everything went smoothly.

Tailchaser

It's fixed.  We killed him yesterday.  Walled and corner and he didn't warp.

Choppin

Hmm had some named warp and regain 100 pct helath in GoD, so it still happens =/ .
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Gospodar

Walls on bosses are bad in GoD... Nuff said  :lol:  On the side note killed Quarm fine last week after dx changes... Requires bit of change in tactics but its not too hard... Now back to Kod Taz for frickin ore camping *grumble*
Gospodar the Defender of the Ages

Erollisi Marr - Divine Grace

totania

Quote from: GospodarWalls on bosses are bad in GoD... Nuff said  :lol:  On the side note killed Quarm fine last week after dx changes... Requires bit of change in tactics but its not too hard... Now back to Kod Taz for frickin ore camping *grumble*

Saryn now likes to jump up onto the wall, so cornering her isn't really possible right now.  Cazic Thule likes to get stuck in the ceiling as well.

Oy.

Member of Night Eternal

Murkk Dakruul

Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.