Main Menu

Need Help w/guide (copper medal)

Started by DiosT, March 24, 2004, 03:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiosT

Since I don't really play EQ anymore, There's -no way- I can update my guide with all the needed information to make this a 'do-able' step...

while I don't get the numbers of e-mails I used to on this step for being horrible, I know it's probably still -very- bad... so...

If someone can take the time to write up a somewhat all-inclusive guide to doing this step (rather then just 1 'camp'), it'd be a great help!

Also, the thing about reseting the camps... I heard a can do it, but since I havn't played in ages/revisted this part since the change, I don't know it :-P

Anyway, If anyone can help out, I'd love to put it up in the new epic guide, crediting the author of course ;-)

Rholin

Getting the Copper Medal:

Go to the Grimling Forest and head into the Vah Shir compound (near the Hollowshade Moor zone).

Find General Staginar and say "which camps"

General Staginar will list the status of all nine camps.  He refers to them as camps one through nine, lists their basic location, and the status of the camp.  Camp 1 is the easiest, all the way up to camp 9.  Some notes later discuss a tenth target, the Grimling town.

A camp can be controlled (beaten - green lettering), in the process of being controlled (blue lettering), or not controlled at all (red lettering).

To take control of a camp, and possibly get a Copper Medal, hail a Scout or Veteran in the compound and say "I am here to help".  After they speak to you, say "I am ready to go".  They will tell you which camp they are going to.  After a minute or so, whoever it is you hailed will take off on a jog and stop at the camp.  It seems that the Scouts will lead you to the easiest camps, and the Veterans take you to the tougher ones.  You won't know for sure which camp number you are being lead to until you say you are ready to go.

** This is the most crucial part.  The moment the scout or veteran stops at the edge of the camp, they will list your primary objectives in yellow lettering.  Just above or below the yellow lettering is some other information including a trigger phrase to start the battle.  YOU MUST SAY THIS PHRASE TO THE SCOUT!

Note: If you follow a Scout or Veteran out to a camp but don't say the trigger phrase, the camp will be flagged as in the process of being controlled for a short while and will eventually reset to not controlled.  I don't know what happens if you speak the trigger phrase and don't bother to beat the camp.

After you say the trigger phrase, the scout will call out a battle cry and tell you good luck, and leave.

Generally a triggered battle involves taking out some base units and targetting some more powerful ones last (they can't be targetted until you take out everything else).  In the meantime, extra units may spawn to challenge you.  The moment you take out enough of the base forces, the untargettable ones becomes targettable and go ballistic on you.  Additional mobs may also spawn at this time.  After all of these mobs are taken down, the camp named boss spawns.

According to what I've read, any one of these mobs could drop a Medal, so loot them all.  You can also get some decent magic items off the named boss (don't expect anything too useful if everything is green to you).

I assume that after you defeat the named boss, the camp is flagged as beaten.

When all nine camps and the Grimling town are beaten, the northmost camp near the zone to Tenebrous (the town) will be occupied by Vah Shir.  For me, I like this because there is a Prospector Keykis up there (on a rock next to the zone out tunnel) who allows me to hand in 8 Pristine Acrylia Shards from Acrylia Caverns for 750pp and some XP.  The camps I believe remain beaten for 7 days, and the whole thing resets.

Some notes about the Grimling Town near the Tenebrous zoneout (General Staginar lists this as a goal once the primary nine camps are beaten):

The head boss for this camp is A Corrupted Claw of the Khati Sha, a Vah Shir.  To complete this camp, someone must occupy each tent to keep more grimlings from spawning there.  Once all grimlings are cleared, a wave of ground forces spawns about the camp.  I believe this must happen 3 times (I only participated in it once and wasn't there when it was started).  The first time, the wave is just a bunch of grimlings.  The second time, the Claw appears with the wave and participates in the fight, but can't be targetted.  After the wave of grimlings is cleared again, he disappears.  The third time, the Claw appears again and is targettable.  He drops some good items.  After a few minutes, big flags go up with a creak and the camp is populated by Vah Shir.  Congratulations, you've won the Grimling War!  For a week, anyway.

It may be possible that the whole thing resets after 7 days even if you haven't beaten all of the camps.  I was keeping close watch on the status of the camps because I had some Shards I wanted to hand in.  Without the ninth camp being beaten, everything was suddenly reset.

Gravlin

ok, have hailed the general guy, asked which camps, all he says is, that they are in the process of clearing camp one to the north, then he lists all the other camps in green saying each are under control, except camp one, he lists 2-9 only,  i've talked to each veteran/scout, they go through the text like they are going to take me to a camp, they turn to me as if they are going to move after i say im ready to go, then nothing.....have waited up to 10 minutes before and they still dont move, been at this for 4 days with the same $hit, i've slaughtered so many grimlings i couldnt begin to count them....i couldnt make a rough guess of the numger of spawns i've eliminated, even tried killing bandits to get that coin courier to spawn and still no drop.........can anyone help me plz? it would be greatly appreciated

Gravlin

Hereki

Killing grimlings is no use unless in one of the quests.  Kill bandits to spawn a coin courier, and be prepared because it takes a long time.

If there is only one camp open, then that should be the only one that any NPC takes you to; if it is camp one, then either of the scouts should take you there.  There are two trigger phrases - one that you must say to start the scout moved out of the outpost, and one to trigger the start of the event.  It sounds like your scout is waiting for that trigger.  You must stand close to him and pay attention to what he says, shortly after arriving at the camp.

Jzath

I recently went through the same thing.  All camps except north one were under control and the north one was "in process" for DAYS and may even STILL be for all I know.

I kept clearing 1 and 2 (both were bandits).  The halfling coin courier would spawn occasionally at random points in the 2 camps.  After about 5+ hours of doing this, maybe more, went back several times, the dang thing dropped.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

Nekokirei

Quote from: Jzath on December 13, 2004, 06:01:18 PM
I recently went through the same thing.  All camps except north one were under control and the north one was "in process" for DAYS and may even STILL be for all I know.

I kept clearing 1 and 2 (both were bandits).  The halfling coin courier would spawn occasionally at random points in the 2 camps.  After about 5+ hours of doing this, maybe more, went back several times, the dang thing dropped.

Oh Gawds I hope the server reset after the patch fixed the camps on my server.  I finally decided to get off my tail and start Epic.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Jzath

Server reset did not affect it for me when I was working on it.  *nods sadly*
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server

Nekokirei

Quote from: Jzath on December 17, 2004, 01:45:16 PM
Server reset did not affect it for me when I was working on it.  *nods sadly*

That bites.  I guess now wouldn't be a good time to say it did "fix" the camps on Stromm and I got Camp #1 for the Copper Medal?   :-D

Now, for the hard part of the 2 jewels, ore, and padding.  Tried for the jewels and our group got beat up pretty bad--puller kept picking up adds that created trains that led to him zoning at UP entrace.  When he didn't end up with a train, we'd inevittably pick up an add or get hit by someone else's train.

We were a less than ideal group though--55 druid, 57 ranger, 53 pally, and me.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

Nekokirei

Quote from: Rholin on May 29, 2004, 01:19:04 PM
Getting the Copper Medal:

** This is the most crucial part.  The moment the scout or veteran stops at the edge of the camp, they will list your primary objectives in yellow lettering.  Just above or below the yellow lettering is some other information including a trigger phrase to start the battle.  YOU MUST SAY THIS PHRASE TO THE SCOUT!

You might want to add that you need to be on their heels.  Scout Husman moves at a trot that seems like RS3 and corners like he's on rails.  I had to repeat Camp 1 b/c he took a sharp right and I lost him.  By the time I caught sight of him again he was almost to the camp.  As I caught *up* to him, he made a sharp left and I ran right past him.  Turned around, found him stopped at crest of hill above camp but had *missed* the trigger phrase.  Waited like 2 or 3 minutes and he headed back to the outpost.

Once back, he did offer up camp 1 again and I managed to stay right on him--foreknowledge and all that.  He gives his little speil w/the trigger phrase exactly when he stops and you *must* be on top of  him to catch what the trigger phrase is.

Like a bozo, I didn't  write it down--and for all I know it may alternate--but I believe it was "ready to fight"<--don't bank on this yet.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

Jzath

Quote from: Nekokirei on December 20, 2004, 07:20:48 PM

That bites.  I guess now wouldn't be a good time to say it did "fix" the camps on Stromm and I got Camp #1 for the Copper Medal?   :-D

*chuckles* That is ok.  I had the help of a 70 druid and 67 warrior for all the spirits and the final fight was overkill.  I think it took a whole 60 seconds to kill the guy.  The Deep fight took about 3-4 minutes.

I am glad to be able to say I got one toon epiced.  Really need to dust off my bard and get his final fight with Trak.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server

nedoirah

Do I need to find a day when the camp is not controlled at all?  Will it work with a camp "in the process"? :?

Nekokirei

Quote from: nedoirah on January 21, 2005, 02:36:04 PM
Do I need to find a day when the camp is not controlled at all?

Yes.
Quote from: nedoriahWill it work with a camp "in the process"? :?

No.  Remember, the scouts/vetrans will only lead you to camps that aren't controlled or in process.  If you go to a camp, and forget the trigger phrase, the camp is "in process" until the scout/vetran returns to the outpost and, after standing there a couple of minutes, the camp will reset.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

Baerek

Sorry to bump an old post, but I read through everything and cannot for the life of me figure anything out. In the Vah Shir camp where the general and all them are, there are no scouts at all. The general, when you ask him 'which camps' says nothing. There are no bandits or grimlings in ANY of the camps around the zone. Is something broken? Or do I just need to wait? Thanks for your help on this.

Skanda

I've been told Grimling is broken right now. People haven't seen the scouts for days. Causing a problem for people that want to start on their 2.0's too.  :?

Helspawn

Aye.  Went there today to confirm issues with the scouts by a guildmate.  They are gone and have no clue how long they have been awol.