Main Menu

26 bst with 34 cleric looking for hunting grounds

Started by ariaya, June 22, 2004, 06:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ariaya

Where should we hunt?

I'm considering working in Forgotten Halls until the bst is 30 then heading to gunthak.

Gunthak do-able at that level with the cleric?

Are there other places we should go? (not HHK please!)
Wariaya,
Vah Shir Beastlord of Terris-Thule

Hereki

Other options are Split Paw and Mistmoore around that level - or the old traditional hunting grounds, Dawnshroud and the Overthere.

I think Gunthak beach undead side is just barely doable at that level with a cleric.  By 39 it is very easy solo, if that gives you any idea.  Most mobs will be red to you at 30; zombies have almost double the hit points of skeletons.

Tastian

Also spots in velious.  The tizmaks in GD are very fast respawn (6 mins last I checked) in cave near Thurg.  They were nice exp around 35 as I recall.

Dakat

For the beast, not sure how the cleric's exp will be, but it shouldnt be too bad I would recommend Marus Seru.

I took my PLee there, level 24 at the time and all the rocks were white, yellow and red.  So they would be just about even in level with you.

However, as with most zones in Luclin, mobs have a lot more hp then old world mobs. With exception to the newbie zones.

Low 20s to Mid 30s in Kunark is probably faster.  Frontier Mountians, Giant Fort is a good spot for the beast with a cleric b/u healing.  The beast will level faster due to giants being red. However the mobs turn blue around 30, so the cleric will not get a large amout of exp.  When the beast reaches 28 to 31, you can move over to Overthere and kill just about everything in the zone.

As will all spots that you look for, its sometimes better to kill blues in larger amounts during a short time than killing one red in the same amount of time.

Hereki

Marus Seru will be mainly light blue and green to the cleric.

The experience boost of killing reds at that level is almost none compared to whites/yellows, and with the greatly reduced chance of hitting or spells sticking, I'd avoid them if at all possible.

Dakat

I've been PLing in this zone for a couple of hours in the last day or so. I went thur the end of 23 thru to lvl 25 in about an hour, roughly.

I find it rather pleasant exp for PLing. Due to mob plentifulness and level ranges. They do have slightly higher hp then Pauld Cave had, but with a druid ds, my PLee is doing great.

Hereki

There's been a problem in Marus Seru and various other zones for a few weeks, with almost all mobs ending up underground.  It obviously resets with each patch, but they still pathing into some crevice or feature of the landscape and pop underground given time.  Is that fixed now?

Dakat

I didnt see any problems with that there so far.  But, I have not been there long. I'll keep an eye on it tomorrow and let you know  :)

Ekss

The problem Hereki mentions was very bad in PoS, with all the mobs in the desert area ending up inside the mountains. The only way to get them out was to get wolf form and stick your nose through the rock, which meant almost certain death as you dragged them all out at once, all gunning for you.
That has been fixed in the recent patch (hurrah!) so hopefully any problems in MS have also disappeared.
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

Oneiromancer

Quote from: HerekiThere's been a problem in Marus Seru and various other zones for a few weeks, with almost all mobs ending up underground.  It obviously resets with each patch, but they still pathing into some crevice or feature of the landscape and pop underground given time.  Is that fixed now?

It seems to be mostly fixed with the recent patch.  I've been farming Greyhopper hides in Marus Seru with my 33 Ranger (so at least he gets a bit of experience out of it, and the Tracking helps) and there are just tons of mobs around.  At one point there were only 4 Greyhoppers on track and all of them seemed to be under the world...but I came back a few hours later and I couldn't kill them fast enough to get their population down, and only 1 was under the world that I recall.  So still the occasional problem, but otherwise looking pretty good.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

ariaya

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I'm trying to get the bst closer in level to the cleric to keep them together as a team so Maru Seru or FM sound like good options to get the bst to 30 :)

I tried DSP the other day but the kill rate was rather slow due to the hp on the mobs.
Wariaya,
Vah Shir Beastlord of Terris-Thule

Hereki

The problem you have is the level difference between the beastlord and the mobs required to give decent exp to the cleric.  Your damage is greatly reduced until they get to be dark blue, and it makes a big difference to your warder as well.  So it just isn't efficient to kill mobs that are red to the beastlord.

In Dawnshroud, the only mobs you should be killing are the shrooms; possibly lightcrawlers as with the cleric there the blindness won't be such a problem.

Marus Seru will probably be best - because mobs will be reasonable to kill with the beastlord, even though most will be light blue to the cleric.  Mobs in FM will be too high.

Btw, the older the expansion, the lower the hp and the less they hit for - so always look for good bonus zones in Antonica first.  Gnolls in South Karana, goblins in SolA, even Upper Guk should all be good.