Main Menu

Signature Rules & Regulations

Started by DiosT, January 02, 2004, 10:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiosT

New Board, New rules :-)

Signature Rules:
1. Total file size of all Pictures(Sig + avatar) <= 35KB (35,840 Bytes)
2. No Plug-in required signatures (Flash, Java, etc.)
3. Size limits: 550x250 + 2 lines of text (no white space between them)
4. Must follow board policies (No flames/discrimination)
5. If you max-out, or nearly max-out the demensions of your signature, please refrain from using much text as welll...

Think of your signature as an index card, you can doodle on the entire thing, or doodle on all but one line, and save that line for your name... but please refrain from writing on the table...

These signature rules, and mainly the size limitations, are here based on percentages of the screen they occupy under the minimum we can expect to support (800x600 resolution, 56k modem)... if you have a signature thats 550 pixles, it's just bearly avoiding causing horizontal scrolling while the window is maximized... If you add text to the sides of said image, it willl cause scrolling...

As for vertical size, we dont need to see 1/2 a page of one person's signature, yet that's what happens at 800x600 resolution.. Please don't make our fellow poster stuck at work on a 800x600 resolution screen see a -full page- of your signature..

As i said, try to keep the entire signature inside the 550x250 limits, for the best of our community :-)

Also... These are subject to change as we need

Remember--Avatar + ALL pictures used in your signature must fall in the 35KB limit above

Kaktarr

I dont get what your saying,I made my sig 550+250 and u said it was way too big.
"It Really Is THAT Irrelevant"

Soriab

You can stay within the Physical Constraints and still exceed the file size limitations. Its a balance for Size Quality Demensions when making sigs that have constraints on them.

DiosT

your signature was a .bmp, and being 550x250, that made the file size 130,000 Bytes...

the limit, posted in the rules, says file size needs to be <=35,000KB...

I think i e-mailed that explination to you, If you change it to GIF or JPG, it should easily be under the file size limit unless its completely uncompressed

Ambyrr

OMG! I am SO sorry! I forgot to re-format my sig before I uploaded it...
/bonk me

Omagis_Narlavin

http://www.otn.co.uk/cnd/screenshots/omagis2.jpg

Alpha Omagis Narlavin King Of Da Wolves 81th beastlord javascript:view_profile(750705);
Overlord Warvon Narlavin Holy warrior 80th warriorjavascript:view_profile(997003);
Wanderer Dannaa Dethanocha Goddess of the woods 80 druid

"Death is one with me"
The Silent Minority on The Prexus (TT) server