Main Menu

How not to argue your case...

Started by Bryc, April 14, 2004, 02:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryc

Sorry, I just thought this was funny. Some Sk on the EQ boards was arguing that HT is NOT very powerful.

He presented this compelling argument:

Try to harmtouch any well geared 9k+ warrior/Knight who is still above 50-60% of their max HP and they laugh at your  - my best pvp ht was a 5900dmg (66% of 9k+ HT) on a 11-12k hp warrior at approx. 50% of his life and he almost lived though it

rofl
Bryc ~ 65 Feral Lord of Fennin Ro
Barid ~ 59 Templar
Bric ~ 60 Heirophant (ret.)

miandaber

Miandaber
65 Feral Lord 90 AA's and rising!
Firiona Vie

Dumpty

Someone needs to learn the difference between HT ( a nice sk clicky "nuke") and a DT (mb only 1 shot kill). and then realize which is more balanced for a player to have.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Bryc

Bleh, I'm not commenting on how powerful HT is, I could care less. I am *highly* unlikely to get HT'd. In fact:

Let's say, on the day I win the lottery, I bend to pick up a four leaf clover. A meteor passes through the exact space where my head was and slams into the earth, striking oil. The shock wave knocks me on my ass with my head pointing directly towards Stonehenge, and the grunt I make just happens to mean "I have a concussion" in Korean.

What is the chance of that happening? I'll tell you. About 5 times the chance I will get HT'd in PvP.

You'd think someone arguing about HT would use an example where the opponent actually survived. The guy's basically complaining that his opponent wasn't dead enough. It just struck me as humourous.

/shrug
Barid ~ 59 Templar

Pojodan

Quote from: BrycBleh, I'm not commenting on how powerful HT is, I could care less. I am *highly* unlikely to get HT'd. In fact:

Let's say, on the day I win the lottery, I bend to pick up a four leaf clover. A meteor passes through the exact space where my head was and slams into the earth, striking oil. The shock wave knocks me on my ass with my head pointing directly towards Stonehenge, and the grunt I make just happens to mean "I have a concussion" in Korean.

What is the chance of that happening? I'll tell you. About 5 times the chance I will get HT'd in PvP.

You'd think someone arguing about HT would use an example where the opponent actually survived. The guy's basically complaining that his opponent wasn't dead enough. It just struck me as humourous.

/shrug

Hmm.. I guess I'm dence but I'm not sure why you say this.
Do SKs on PvP servers:
a) Not exsist
b) Save HTs for other targets
c) Not use HTs in PvP
d) Are unable to use HT due to everyone's resists being so high it'd get resisted

Bryc

e) Fennin Ro is hardcore bluebie

:lol:
Barid ~ 59 Templar