Main Menu

Armor Class

Started by Noxdowne Draggout, April 16, 2004, 07:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noxdowne Draggout

I am so disatisfied with the AC of our class.

When I was in bazaar bought fashions I could only dream of breaking 1k ac unbuffed and that was so hard to do while maintaining other needed stats like mana pool and hp's.

As I have started to level and get into EP items I find that 1150ac is a hard barrier to break and very time consuming due to loot distribution and supply.

I see the chain drops and even some silk items that have higher AC than what we get and I really feel bad for the up and comiong beastlords.

It will be a HUGE struggle to get over 1500ac and 8k hp's and yet most plate classes can do this in the bazaar for a pretty low investment of pp.

Just once I would like to see a BP with 60ac for us.

Yeah I know it could be worse, but I felt like bitching tonight  :P

Nox

Mindlet

What do you expect plate ac on a leather item?

Pojodan

I do beleive the lack of Beastlord usable high AC items is purely an effort to keep Beastlords (And monks for that matter) from being better tanks than the classes that are supposed to be tanks.
Cloth armor can have the higher AC since all cloth classes get a cap of 145 on Defence so their AC is gonna suck one way or the other.  
It's either this or nerf our Defence, which goes as high as 235 as it is.
But rather than create an uproar, which that surely would, they just make all gear we can easily get to have poor AC.

Works for me, IMHO, I've tanked in LDoNs before and I can say that while it was fun to do that I REALLY don't like doing it since such a large ammount of my focus is turned towards keeping aggro, which strongly limits the ammount of DPS I can output.. plus I'm too lazy to try that hard =P

Hey, what can I say?  Beastlord is one class you can be lazy with and still be good ;)

Noxdowne Draggout

Simple answer to the question:

What do you want plate ac on a leather class?

Yes, at least as good as bazaar bought plate ac.

I am not taking about 75ac Seru BP's here.

But a 22ac dumul's helm?

My neck has 23ac and you know why? because plate can wear it too.

The toughest god mobs in the game drop a leather based pattern for us to turn in for our class armor and I can buy a Narandi's helm in the bazaar with better AC, but it lacks stats.

So if they would look at what items we can purchase and give us THAT ac and then give us the godly stats that come with EP armor I would be quite happy.

Take a look at leaf twined arms vs Dumul's arms.

Most of us would ooh and aah about the leaf twined and pass up the Dumul's...........

How many other classes would do the same?

Would a paladin,cleric,bard,rogue,shammy or druid pass up thier EP pattern/mold etc to have the leaf twined?

Nada.

It would hardly be unbalancing to give 29-33 ac on our EP items when you see plate and chain classes having 45-60ac items available for most "major" slots.

Nox

Kashmiir Battlekat

Give it some time Nox and all will be better. You have many slots yet to upgrade with Elemental loots as well as Time loot. Its all a matter of time and dedication.

Kerath

I can self buff to 1200AC.  My guild just became "elemental" last week so I have no elemental/time/GoD armor.  I don't see any problem.
Kerath A'klawwn - Feral Lord <Stromm>

Argach

With V and CoR I go over 1500 ac, not that I care much. Beastlords already tank perfectly fine, doesn't matter if our ac is relatively low. When a plate tank is smeared in Time p3 I just hit my disc and/or slow the mob - that's far better than the fact my virtual ac -genital is smaller than some cleric's or paladin's.

TerjynPovar

Quote from: PojodanIt's either this or nerf our Defence, which goes as high as 235 as it is.

*cough*240*cough*

:)
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Rhaynne

QuoteJust once I would like to see a BP with 60ac for us.

Boo hoo.

We wear leather, not plate.  Get over it.

Noxdowne Draggout

Rhyanne of all people I would have to look at your Magelo and say that you make the best point possible.

The only reason why you have 1600ac is because of your items that are not class specific allowing you to get there.

Congratulations.

Noxx

TerjynPovar

Uhh...what?

Warriors who wear "class specific" gear won't get the best AC possible either.

Noxdowne Draggout

Let me explain it this way:

Should EP items be the best in the game prior to GoD coming out?

If you say yes to this question lets go a little further.

Should an EP item regardless of class be the best head/arms/wrist/glove/leg/chest/boot for that class prior to GoD drops?

Should the Dumul's armor that we get awarded have more AC than items from 2 expansion before PoP?

I think they should have the best AC and the stats that are on them left as is.

If this were the case we would have items like the Dumul's chestwraps having 50'ish ac like the ancient burrower hide from the Deep. Which would put that on par with say the cultural plate armor that is easily bought in the bazaar.

I am not asking for 45ac arms,50ac legs,75ac breastplate guys.

I am saying that Dumul's armor is "okay". It is not the be all and end all of Beastlord armor if you look at the AC only.

Yeah I have read a million posts myself about people bitching about plate AC, from the monks boards to the ranger boards to even the Paladin boards talking about warriors having an advantage.

That is not what I am saying.

I am saying that EP armor should have had the best stats in the game for a Beastlord and it doesn't because the AC is weak.

The easiest comparison is to plate armor purchased in the bazaar for 5k a slot being in some cases 40% better than our EP item that takes freaking months to get to.

I think that I should be at a higher AC and HP total than any level 55 Bard who has 200k and the bazaar at his disposal.

If you disagree fine.

But please don't turn my words around and make it out like I want the same AC as an EP plate class, because that is not what I am saying.

Nox

TerjynPovar

That's exactly what I was trying to say too.

With the exception of the Breastplate, Raex's armor isn't the highest AC for Warriors.

Obviously Warriors should be the ultimate in AC, so why should the "same set" which isn't the best for Warriors be the best for Beastlords?

And, honestly, Bards at 55 should have better AC than Beastlords at 65 because Bards wear plate.  I cannot fathom the logic behind expecting a leather class to have an AC even above a weak set of platemail.

TerjynPovar

Sigh, I wish there was an edit button.

One other note though, a Beastlord will out-tank a bard with an AC vastly higher.  If you did give a BST the same AC as a bard, you've broken game balance as that BST could out-tank a non-defensive Warrior.

Rhaynne

QuoteIf you did give a BST the same AC as a bard, you've broken game balance as that BST could out-tank a non-defensive Warrior.

Bingo.

We're not meant to have high AC.  We wear leather... which is like, you know, 1 step above CLOTH.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with the AC on our elemental gear.  It's fairly low... well, it's friggin leather.  If you want higher AC gear play a class meant to have it.