Main Menu

Armor Class

Started by Noxdowne Draggout, April 16, 2004, 07:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argach

Also, AC in itself doesn't really mean anything - it is barely one aspect of how well we tank. And we already tank as well as could be expected - well below plate tanks (war/SK/pal), but near the top (or at the top) of the rest of the classes (especially if ye count all the aspects of tanking and not just mitigation). So whining about one tiny detail of the tanking biznez is meaningless since the whole picture, from our point of view as a class, is in perfectly fine balance.

Kossos

Beastlords are a avoidance class we are not ment to take the hits that the other classes take our AC is not ment to be high

to get really high AC like Rhaynne takes lot of work HARD work its just not given to ya

i like your sig Rhaynne also /wink
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=725398" TARGET="_blank"> Kossos 65 Feral Lord
http://www.clubfu.net/" TARGET="_blank">Club Fu
Bristlebane

Murkk Dakruul

What's AC?. Iz all about the HP baby.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Pojodan

Quote from: TerjynPovar
Quote from: PojodanIt's either this or nerf our Defence, which goes as high as 235 as it is.

*cough*240*cough*

:)

/twitch

:wink:

Dumpty

you need to learn about class softcaps on ac bud.
btw if you want a 50ac chest you can get one off burrower or something like that in luclin. druid in our guild has one.
once you get over 1200 you are all set more or less.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

JillieMT

I am satisfied with our AC.

And I love all you guys.

:)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

TerjynPovar

Quote from: Dumptyyou need to learn about class softcaps on ac bud.
btw if you want a 50ac chest you can get one off burrower or something like that in luclin. druid in our guild has one.
once you get over 1200 you are all set more or less.

There is really no such thing as an AC softcap.

In Velious it was believed there was because Warriors could get to a point where the AC was either as high as it mattered (against trash) but couldn't get to a point where it made a difference against high end raid targets.

With the addition of Luclin + PoP + LDoN + GoD, it is now known that AC depends on the target, and there is no point at which more AC isn't better than less AC.  It's not linear, but more AC is still better than less.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Chasom

Monks have done extensive parsing which shows that AC above 1340 has no noticible impact on their ability to take hits.  I don't know if this impacts any of the other leather wearing classes or if it is tied into the the infamous "nerf".

TerjynPovar

The parsing I saw like that was against a constant enemy...which would match in what I said perfectly, if your AC vs. the enemies' ATK is high enough you'll get no further affect, but find a monster with a higher ATK and the AC that matters continues to go up.

If they vary the target from greenies all the way through Raid targets (even lower ones like Vindicator) and get the same thing across the board than I'd be confused, because why do things one way for a Warrior but differently for a Monk/Beastlord?

As some parsers like to say the calculations are going to be as simple as they can get away with because of how bogged down processing during a battle would become otherwise.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

cougerofeq

It true that I use several VT items that are better AC wise than Elemental... its true that some cloth has higher ac than leather....

it does seem wrong to be so - but I doubt it will change.

Right now people are so afraid of a nerf you'll not get support for much in changes - you can thank the great number of  whiners in other classes for the current paranoia. Most of them liked it better when BST were the class everyone joked about ... until we got some help and now noone jokes about us ...

Dumpty

oh yeah it was 1300, not 1200.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

cougerofeq

If elemental cloth has more AC than elemental leather of the same level- its not right. Just as plate and chain of the same level should always be better AC wise than leather.

Technically the lower AC items should have more of other stats depending on the type - thats called balance.

Dakat

Compare our elemental to Monk and Druid elemental.  If there is a huge difference, then you have a right to complain.

They had to raise caster armor class due to the nature of how the game is played in the high end.  Earlier in the games history casters didnt have as much power as they do now.

We are a relativly a new class and as such they do not want us to be overpowering. Giving us higher ac in our gear would make us way more.

mac173

Quote from: Noxdowne DraggoutI think that I should be at a higher AC and HP total than any level 55 Bard who has 200k and the bazaar at his disposal.

If you disagree fine.

Well, I do disagree.

I think you are focusing on only 1 stat, and ignoring the fact that as a damage dealer you have a companion who can take some damage for you. Having a warder gives an inate AC. When you get hit too much, step back and let the warder tank. Bards can't do that. Warriors can't do that. Monks can't do that. So their AC MUST be higher than ours, or we will outbalance them.

Take your warders AC and add it to your own. NOW how does it look?

I mean, just because he's small, don't forget your gecko. He's tough. He mitigates for you. And he makes bubbles when he's swimming. What else do you want?

Lacerate

QuoteAnd he makes bubbles when he's swimming. What else do you want?

:D  Put a smile on my mug. Good to have happen when work is sucking today. Thanks Kunnar.

Sorry for derail.