Main Menu

Armor Class

Started by Noxdowne Draggout, April 16, 2004, 07:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpty

wth my pet makes bubbles in the water? i never noticed.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

mac173

Quote from: Dumptywth my pet makes bubbles in the water? i never noticed.

Prolly got lost in YOUR bubbles!

Aneya

Another semi related note, If you add our pet's HP to our own HP we can get more HP then most Warriors. :P
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Noxdowne Draggout

QuoteTake your warders AC and add it to your own. NOW how does it look?

/boggle

This statement is wrong on so many levels I am speechless.

Anyways the arguement here is about AC and how Leather should not have decent AC right?

So who can explain this?

Bile Drenched Flesh Robe
MAGIC ITEM  LORE ITEM  NO DROP  
Slot: CHEST  
AC: 50
WIS: +20  INT: +20  MANA: +80  SV FIRE: +10  
SV DISEASE: +10  SV COLD: +10  SV MAGIC: +10  SV POISON: +10
Mana regeneration: +5
WT:  2.0    Size: MEDIUM
Class: NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Race: HUM ERU HIE DEF GNM IKS FRG

I know the next time I want to work with sharp things or with red hot items I will go for the silk gloves instead of the leather ones.

Nox

Aneya

Same mob drops:

Ancient Burrower Hide Tunic
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: CHEST
AC: 50
STR: +10 STA: +15 WIS: +10 INT: +10 HP: +50 MANA: +50
SV FIRE: +8 SV DISEASE: +8 SV COLD: +8 SV MAGIC: +8 SV POISON: +8
Mana Regeneration: +5
WT: 1.0 Size: LARGE
Class: ALL except WAR MNK NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 7

So BST are no better or worse then Int casters here.
This is also a Luclin drop and some luclin drops had insanely High AC but relatively low on other stats when compared to PoP drops.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Noxdowne Draggout

The arguement I am up against is leather vs other classes AC.

This item clearly shows that silk can have the same AC as leather, some chain has ac the same as plate correct?

So silk can be as good as leather, chain can be as good as plate and leather sucks for AC.

Pretty much sums it up.

Nox

Mindlet

You forgot about this robe

/fans the flames  :twisted:

Noxdowne Draggout

Thanks Mindlet.

Now I can really cry  :P

Nox

Rakarr

Quote from: Noxdowne Draggout
I know the next time I want to work with sharp things or with red hot items I will go for the silk gloves instead of the leather ones.
Nox

But, like someone pointed out I think, I don't see that it's relevant to compare silk armour to leather armour. It's like looking at a wizard weapon with an amazing ratio and wanting better imo. Thing is, the robe wearers have terrible defensive skills compared to us, no block, cruddy dodge and low caps so their silk armour with its great stats that was listed isn't worth nearly as much as it seems in raw numbers. Otherwise I'm sure we'd see a lot more silk wearers out tanking us... and that's a new one on me! :)

Sure those silk items and leather items just now linked have the same AC, but I know I'd rather be the bst wearing the 50ac leather tunic than the mage wearing the 50ac silk robe when something's beating on me because I'm going to be having a lot better time of it. Stats are designed with the class that's going to be underneath 'em in mind, I'd say.

Anyway, I'm no expert, just my 2cp. I'm happy with how my AC has been so far and liked what I've seen of well equipped beastlords taking hits when they need to.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=973008" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rakarr
67 Beastlord
Drinal

TerjynPovar

When you are playing Pen&Paper games do you complain that Cloth armor +5 is not only better than most magical Leather, but better than some magical Chain mail and Splint mail as well?

The point being a few items where silk is better than leather do not say anything about the situation in general.

It'd be extremely petty to expect Leather armor to have a better AC than +5 silk.

Now then, go look at the general trends, and tell me honestly that Silk has better AC than leather.

For example:  Leather elemental chest have 45 AC, silk elemental chests have 35 AC.  Leather ornate chests have 25 AC, silk ornate chests have 15 AC.

These are directly comparable.  A single robe from the burrower has no direct comparison, nor does a single robe from Vulak'Aerr.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

mac173

QuoteQuote:
Take your warders AC and add it to your own. NOW how does it look?

/boggle

This statement is wrong on so many levels I am speechless.

Uhhhh. Sorry, brain fart. I should not post before the coffee is ready.

I really meant to say that your warder can mitigate by tanking for you. It really does not effect AC.