Started by Xalmat, January 02, 2004, 10:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xalmat

[65 Arch Convoker] Sage Xalmat Lunaire (Human) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
[65 Archon] Eiyana Lunaire (Gnome) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
Lead Librarian/Moderator of The Magician's Tower

Mhordel

Suspend Minion will also RESET your ENRAGE on pets 62+

Obviously Suspend Minion II is best, cause you dont have to redo buffs.

( Any time your Pet Enrages, your losing a valuable ability for quite a while until it resets naturally, think its somewhere around 1hr for that.  Pop Suspend Minion back and forth and pow!  Instant fix for Enrage used. )
[70.760+ *RETIRED* Wildblood] Mhordel (Wood Elf) <Company of the Golden Anvil>
Firiona Vie Server

Felidae

Does anyone know off the top of their head if a level 2 suspended pet keeps items given it like weapons, muzzle etc?

[Doh I missed that above....]

Noriko

Quote from: FelidaeDoes anyone know off the top of their head if a level 2 suspended pet keeps items given it like weapons, muzzle etc?
Top post says yes.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=774007">Noriko . http://www.celestialrising.com">Celestial Rising . http://pub228.ezboard.com/bxevserverboards">Xev . http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1593">BST65.80/Xv h++ 3khp 3km ft13 r9 G++<3 e++ o+ T+++ L++ H+++@ f g b- t++>++++ D- !X

Kiltar

QuoteSpecial Note: Summon up a Monster Summoning pet and then suspend it. Un-suspend it and it will have a new model, you may cycle through the pet models in each zone this way.

Can you explain this? I don't get it. Can this be a way to shrink my pet better?

Oneiromancer

This doesn't work for Beastlords, it probably only works for Mages who get this Monster Summoning spell which gives them a pet based on the mobs in the zone they're in (not sure if any other class gets a similar spell, doubt it though).  The original post was taken off of a Magician message board, I believe.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

a_moss_snake_001

I actually count this at L2 as one of the 'essential' AA's (up there with Paragon and MGB). It has so many uses you will kick yourself for not getting it sooner once you have it at L2.

If you do decide to buy it don't even bother just getting L1, just save up 8 AA's and max it in one foul swoop (L1 costs 5 AA, L2 costs 3 AA). SM1 is practically useless by comparison - you may as well just summon a new pet.

Main Uses
=======

1. Keep your pet through invis
Suspend the pet. Cast invis. Go to where you need. Unsuspend. Happy!

2. Keep a pet through CoTH/in-zone rez
Suspend the pet. Get rezzed/CoTH. Unsuspend. Joy!

3. Ha! You may have killed my pet but not his equally mean twin brother!
Cast a pet, buff it up. Suspend. Cast another pet, buff it up. If your pet dies unsuspend the first pet and you have a fresh mean fighting machine fully buffed and ready to rock.

4. Loooooong raaaaaiiddd gathering and bufffffsss.. zzzzzzz
To save on rebuffing your pet while you wait for your lazy ass guild to form up and get ready simply cast and buff him up then suspend him until your ready to roll out. Same applies to med and other long downtime periods. If you need to spend 15 mins medding suspend your pet first. Saves on mana and rebuffs very effectively in the long run.

5. Pet Pulling
Want to single pull that named from his guards? (but know you'll get the whole bunch if you pull with any spell).
Suspend your current pet. Cast an itty bitty pet that you know will be lightgreen to the mob your trying to pull as well as ALL the mobs around it (Note: I usually use my L49 pet or below). Give it shrew/sow|PoCalliav|Hobble, stand a fair way back, sic pet, back yourself away a long distance, /pet hold IMMEDIATELY after the pet aggroes the mob and then reel it in. Slow it. Kill the itty bitty pet and unsuspend your big pet.

6. Refresh enrage/shield
To refresh your pet's enrage and shield abilities (both of which have re-use timers) simply suspend then unsuspend the pet.

7. Help! I've shrunk my pet too small and now he can't climb steps and keeps getting stuck!
Suspend then unsuspend removes all illusions on the pet (this is also occasionally useful when an enchanter decides to be 'helpful' and NDT the pet without asking me first).

8. Raid leader calls for 'kill all pets!'
Here fluffy, come hide in pocket! Feels nice and sneaky... muhahaha... What? Pet? I see no pet! *looks innocent*

There may very well be other uses for this superb AA. Anyone know if suspend resets the hit counter on Calliav or a regular Rune?

Namog

Quotethis is also occasionally useful when an enchanter decides to be 'helpful' and NDT the pet without asking me first.

This drives me nutz...but not near as crazy as being grouped with a bard and he/she decides to cast Selos Song of Travel...twice.  :x

http://ourworld.cs.com/NamogBst/Namog1.JPG">
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=897801">Namog

Koocoo

Hiya

I have had SM2 for a couple of months and think it is great.

I never thought of using a lesser warder to pull like that post above. Excellent, I will try it. People are always amazed that a beastlord can tag and pull at all, let alone split mobs. Cool.

Anyway, my question has to do with the LDoN aug, Diamond Prism of Companionship?

As this requires the aug to be equipped at the time of summoning, (I have mine on a Spell Haste IV item), does it have to be equipped on unsuspending. There is no buff marker visible and it is like weapons, I guess, just assume it is there after unpocketing the beast.

Has anyone done any parsing to confirm that DPoC sticks. I was soloing the Vamp tower in TM today and, aside from the fact that nothing but sulfur dropped - NERF!!, the regen on the warder was creaping by at 2-3% per tick, instead of the 8% or so I am used to seeing.

Thanks

Koocoo Kachew 65 Torv Beastlady and her warder, Paul

Xalmat

Focus items only need to be equipped when you summon your warder. You can bag it until you need to summon again.

So to answer your question, you don't need to equip it when you unsuspend.

[65 Arch Convoker] Sage Xalmat Lunaire (Human) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
[65 Archon] Eiyana Lunaire (Gnome) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
Lead Librarian/Moderator of The Magician's Tower

farol

Anyone have any info on suspended pets now that SoE allows pets to zone with their companion?   :lol:

Tastian

Right now suspend minion works the same, but if you suspend a pet in one zone and try to zone with it still suspended then the pet will poof.  Atm you have to unsuspend, zone, resuspend and go from there.

Jaeren

Which is extremely irritating since I forget or if i'm getting chased to the zoneline like when invis drops as i'm travelling ;)

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Chickennuggets

But persistant minion will last through anything right?  ZOning, camping, and all buffs, and toys?
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Kanan

as long as its "stored" the pet.

i tend to wait a few mins after suspending if I'm doing that before I log, so that I've got the guarantee that I'll have it out the next day.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar