Main Menu

All you need to know about: Suspended Minion

Started by Xalmat, January 02, 2004, 10:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chickennuggets

Magelo isn't updated, but I finally got pet hold, and hobble.  Would have had more if I could have participated in the 2X exp weekend but whatever  :-o And gonna do the SM line next.  Gonna save fetter till after pet flurries, and 2nd tier of pet crits finished.  I read somwhere on here that some people have had problems with Suspending and loosing when camping, I think I also read that using banker really quick or something like that helps.  That still an issue?  Will take a while to save up 15AAs anyway, but just for knowing in the future.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Sariss Bloodscale

I lost a suspended (raid buffed :( ) pet the other day.  I had since camped a few times in the interim, but when I went to pull him out, nada.  I've checked it since then and it worked, but I have no idea where v.1 got off to.

Chickennuggets

Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Tardar

I would say losing a pet is the exception, not the rule.  As far as I know, it's never happened to me.  Having suspend makes life so much easier imo.

Chickennuggets

DiD some Grinding last night and have 7 AAs saved, so one more for the straight shot to SM2... then gonna grab persistant next.  Really just looking forward to not haveing to /mem warder everytime I log in.  Also haveing a fully buffed and dressed Warder for backup no matter what is appealing.
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

pongu

Not to belittle the AA, but the poor man's way of suspending minion fully buffed when you have to log is to shroud up!
Shrouding allows pet to keep all weapons and buffs, whether you camp that toon for an hour a week, or a month.
This works for me, since, my beastlord is an alt.

Sariss Bloodscale

That is a damn nice piece of advice.  Wish I had known that months ago, good tip.

shenk

Quote from: pongu on April 04, 2006, 03:47:07 PM
Not to belittle the AA, but the poor man's way of suspending minion fully buffed when you have to log is to shroud up!
Shrouding allows pet to keep all weapons and buffs, whether you camp that toon for an hour a week, or a month.
This works for me, since, my beastlord is an alt.

This also works for cheap corpse summons in Guild Lobby, shroud to a level 1 monster and buy a cheap stone and summon your corpse with the cheap stone.

Triland

I've noticed a minor bug with using a suspended pet when getting an in-zone rez.  It works like this : I summon and buff a pet, then suspend him...get a rez, and i can pull him out, just fine...but here's where it starts to get buggy.  If I zone before I unsuspend him, he poofs (Yes, I DO have persistent Minion), and if I pull him out and then zone, I get a duplicate pet in suspension (meaning if i hit my suspend button again, i get a message saying i can't have more than 1 pet at a time).  The extra suspended pet in that case always has whatever buffs I had on him BEFORE i was rezzed, even if I unsuspended him, buffed him more, and resuspended him, then unsuspended and zoned, and this goes for pet toys as well.

Chopshop

I suspend my pet but cannot bring it back. What do I use to bring it back?

Catnip_Inny

nedoirah

A few things have changed recently.

1. Pets no longer poof when zoning. Goes for CotH and succor/evac. (changed a while back actually)
2. Pets no longer poof after camping.
3. Pet new commands have been added. greater hold, Qattack, regroup. Hold and Ghold both stay set when suspsended.

Some things about suspend minion/persistant minion are bugged too.

1. Rezzes seem to sometimes bug suspend minion. (I've never had this happen to me)
2. Camping with a pet suspended sometimes loses the pet. For some reason this happens. As far as I've seen it usually happens when I camp immediately after suspending a pet.
3. Sometimes a suspended pet can't be unsuspended. I haven't figured this one out yet but usually this results in losing the pet for good.
4. I've seen a new bug. Sometimes I can't suspend a pet even though I know I don't have a suspended pet getting a message that you can't have more than one pet at a time. Why this happens is not known cause I only use suspend minon to keep a buffed pet when I camp or get a rez. I've killed my pet and tried to unsuspend my pet and have nothing spawn.

Suspend minion/persistant minon has plenty of uses.

1. Suspending a pet prior to a rez keeps a fully ready pet for action for after the rez.
2. Having a pet in reserve. This really helps if a pet dies in a fight and you need that extra help.
3. I don't know how many zones or events still do a reset like Great Divide but suspend minion prevents the pet from poofing if it's suspended.
4. Certain buffs have long refresh timers and short buff timers like spire of the savagelord 2. Buff your pet prior to a fight then suspend then unsuspend when you need it.

Suspend minion/persistant minion has its limits too.

1. A suspended pet doesn't keep the pet if you die. You die it poofs even while suspended.
2. No, you can't unsuspend a pet when you have a pet or familiar up.
3. You can't suspend more than one pet. (this could be a cool AA for us)